• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the oneness of humanity be taught in all schools worldwide

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Your inability to secularize your religious views is a clear cut indication that it should not be taught in all schools worldwide.
No it’s not up to me to provide a curriculum for the world. All I can say is that we Baha’is use the Words of Baha’u’llah as our curriculum and it is very successful and has united us into a world community without the racial, religious and national conflicts the world has outside the Baha’i Community. The Baha’i model has been offered to the UN as the nucleus of a future world civilisation but it’s up to them whether they adopt it or not.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Which is why it is obsolete, prejudicial, and cruel.
Only in your personal opinion. We all have personal opinions.
Baha'i law is inconsistent with your appeals to global peace and equality.
Your biased personal opinion is all based upon one thing.
Baha‘i law stipulates that marriage can only be be between a man and a woman.

In my opinion you have an obsession with homosexuality. You look at one tree and dismiss the rest of the forest.
The Baha'i Laws regarding homosexuality have absolutely no effect upon global peace or equality.

God is not going to change His Laws just because a few people don't like them.
Homosexuals can get married if they want to if it is legal where they live.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No it’s not up to me to provide a curriculum for the world. All I can say is that we Baha’is use the Words of Baha’u’llah as our curriculum and it is very successful and has united us into a world community without the racial, religious and national conflicts the world has outside the Baha’i Community. The Baha’i model has been offered to the UN as the nucleus of a future world civilisation but it’s up to them whether they adopt it or not.
You were never asked to provide a curriculum for the whole world.
You were flat out asked to present an example of the curriculum.
You ran tail tucked.

Now if you can not even provide an example curriculum of what you propose...

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Start a thread proposing Catholicism be required teaching in all schools worldwide and see how much "coming down on them" there is.
Otherwise, it appears you are attempting to derail this thread about making Bha'i required teaching in all schools worldwide.
The thread is about having the concept of the oneness and equality of humanity taught in all the schools of the world. Nothing to do with religion or the Baha’i Faith. And it is not a requirement only a suggestion as a way to help reduce prejudices in the world which are a major cause of war.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Start a thread proposing Catholicism be required teaching in all schools worldwide and see how much "coming down on them" there is.
Otherwise, it appears you are attempting to derail this thread about making Bha'i required teaching in all schools worldwide.
I am not proposing that the Baha'i Faith be required teaching in all schools worldwide. That is patently absurd.

As @loverofhumanity said "The thread is about having the concept of the oneness and equality of humanity taught in all the schools of the world. Nothing to do with religion or the Baha’i Faith."

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I was talking about the Baha'i Law, not required teachings in all schools worldwide.

I said:
There is one Baha'i Law that states Baha'i marriage can only be between a man and a woman, that is all.
Catholicism has the same restriction on marriage and they have a lot more influence in this world. Why not come down on them?

Why not come down on Catholicism for restricting marriage to be between a man and a woman?
Is the Baha'i Faith an easier target because we are such a small religion?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You were never asked to provide a curriculum for the whole world.
You were flat out asked to present an example of the curriculum.
You ran tail tucked.

Now if you can not even provide an example curriculum of what you propose...
An example we Baha’is use is the Ruhi study series. Different courses focus on different topics. Children’s education focuses on learning virtues and good character. Junior youth programs focus on serving the community. Anyone can participate.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Nobody is forcing anyone to accept anything Baha’u’llah says. People do whatever they want it’s their life and not anyone’s business to judge. No one has to follow Baha’u’llah’s laws and teachings. I follow them because i love Baha’u’llah and His laws have given me happiness, content, inner peace a stable life, education and happy marriage. But for those who don’t agree then Thats their right.
What was the result of people, especially the world leaders, turning away from the teachings of Baha'u'llah? Wasn't it that we could have had the "most great peace," but most of the world rejected him. And now don't Baha'is believe there is going to be trials and tribulations? If that's so, it seems that God is "forcing" the people of the world to obey him. The way I was told by Baha'is was that at some point things were going to get so bad that the people would have only one option left... and that is turn to the Baha'i Faith.

Then what? Will Baha'i leadership say that people can do as they wish? Or that they must turn to God and obey his prophet? Or something in between? I would think that if the Baha'i Faith is for real that it was meant to rule the world. What good are "God's" perfect laws, laws that are necessary, according to Baha'is, to create and ensure a peaceful world, if only a few Baha'is obey them? But, even if the Baha'is were to become the majority, what good are the laws if nobody but Baha'is want to follow them? And if Baha'i try to impose their God's given laws, who is going to enforce them?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I was talking about the Baha'i Law, not required teachings in all schools worldwide.

I said:
There is one Baha'i Law that states Baha'i marriage can only be between a man and a woman, that is all.
Catholicism has the same restriction on marriage and they have a lot more influence in this world. Why not come down on them?

Why not come down on Catholicism for restricting marriage to be between a man and a woman?
Is the Baha'i Faith an easier target because we are such a small religion?
That you think no one has "come down" on the Catholic version of no same sex marriage, you have been living in a cave.
What I do not understand is why you think such posts about Catholicism should be presented in a thread about Baha'i

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
What was the result of people, especially the world leaders, turning away from the teachings of Baha'u'llah? Wasn't it that we could have had the "most great peace," but most of the world rejected him. And now don't Baha'is believe there is going to be trials and tribulations? If that's so, it seems that God is "forcing" the people of the world to obey him. The way I was told by Baha'is was that at some point things were going to get so bad that the people would have only one option left... and that is turn to the Baha'i Faith.

Then what? Will Baha'i leadership say that people can do as they wish? Or that they must turn to God and obey his prophet? Or something in between? I would think that if the Baha'i Faith is for real that it was meant to rule the world. What good are "God's" perfect laws, laws that are necessary, according to Baha'is, to create and ensure a peaceful world, if only a few Baha'is obey them? But, even if the Baha'is were to become the majority, what good are the laws if nobody but Baha'is want to follow them? And if Baha'i try to impose their God's given laws, who is going to enforce them?
Everything is up to the world and its people. They chose not to unite as Baha’u’llah had counselled them and instead have decided to have two world wars and numerous other wars which have killed millions. If humanity wants to have another war killing billions nobody is going to stop them. They are free to destroy or make peace whichever they choose. There’s nothing we Baha’is can do but pray the world comes to its senses before a nuclear war but that’s their choice. God only intervenes to send a Manifestation from time to offer counsel but humanity is free to accept or reject it. Our laws are for Baha’is only.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am not proposing that the Baha'i Faith be required teaching in all schools worldwide. That is patently absurd.

As @loverofhumanity said "The thread is about having the concept of the oneness and equality of humanity taught in all the schools of the world. Nothing to do with religion or the Baha’i Faith."
And absolutely nothing to do with Catholicism.
which makes your wanting a "coming down" on Catholicism in a Baha'i thread rather confusing.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That you think no one has "come down" on the Catholic version of no same sex marriage, you have been living in a cave.
Maybe people have opposed it but they cannot do anything about it can they?
All they can do is choose not to be Catholics in which case the law does not apply to them.

Marriage has always been between a man and a woman since the primary purpose of marriage is procreation.
God is not going to change the marriage law just because some people don't like it.
What I do not understand is why you think such posts about Catholicism should be presented in a thread about Baha'i
What gave you the idea that this thread was about Baha'i, just because it was posted by a Baha'i?
I brought Catholicism in because @F1fan brought it in when he started complaining about the Baha'i Faith and homosexuality again.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
which makes your wanting a "coming down" on Catholicism in a Baha'i thread rather confusing.
I was not "coming down" on Catholicism. I was only pointing out that it has the same law as the Baha'i Faith regarding marriage only being allowed between a man and a woman.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It’s not a Baha’i thread. It’s a thread discussing the teaching of the concept of the oneness and equality of humanity in schools worldwide to try and reduce prejudices. I remember the Israelis were discussing that even getting rid of Hamas would not solve the problem unless the education system was addressed as it teaches Palestinians to hate Jews and that if they kill them they will be richly rewarded. In many societies it is the education system which is fostering prejudice and needs to be adapted to create a world where people can get along.

Universal education of the oneness of humanity is needed everywhere as we are way too caught up in an ‘us vs them’ mindset and mentality where nations, races and religions are demonised resulting bad relations and sometimes wars.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The UN is committed to peace just as Baha'i are, so what do you have to offer, there's no method, just ideals. It seems you seek an endorsement? Thye UN will never accept or endorse Baha'i bigotry. Baha'i lose credibility with it's bigotry, and refusing to adapt to the 21st century is a liability.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Maybe people have opposed it but they cannot do anything about it can they?
All they can do is choose not to be Catholics in which case the law does not apply to them.

Marriage has always been between a man and a woman since the primary purpose of marriage is procreation.
God is not going to change the marriage law just because some people don't like it.

What gave you the idea that this thread was about Baha'i, just because it was posted by a Baha'i?
I brought Catholicism in because @F1fan brought it in when he started complaining about the Baha'i Faith and homosexuality again.
It's not as if we veteran posters don't know what Baha'i try to do. The Baha'i members do not stand up for gays or gay rights, and that suggests the Baha'i believer are much like any other religious robot who lack moral independence. They can't be trusted.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I am not interested in one of your sermons.
I flat out asked why you think it is appropriate to "come down" on Catholicism in a discussion about Baha'i.
That you offer up a sermon instead of addressing the question says much.

See post #215

Please present the post where @F1fan even said the word Catholic (in any of its forms) in this thread.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Your inability to secularize the Baha'i concept of the oneness you propose be taught in every school worldwide strongly indicates otherwise.
Our programs can be either be used in their entirety or adapted by secular society according to its needs.