• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the oneness of humanity be taught in all schools worldwide

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
So, it is safe to assume you started this post as a method to gain support or students of Ruhi courses. If I am wrong, what other coursework or education system would you recommend as an alternative to Ruhi? If I am right, how has your experience with Ruhi helped lead to the education of the oneness of mankind? How many non Bahais have attended Ruhi classes you have participated in? Of these non Bahais, how many have ended up teaching these courses to others? What projects or initiatives have been started which were directly inspired by the Ruhi courses you have participated in?
That's very safe to assume. One of the not so obvious strategies of Baha'i proselytizing is to just start a topic that is known to have a Baha'i opinion. It can be almost any topic. Then, once any participant is sort of hooked on the topic, and discussion, the ideas from Baha'i are introduced. There are probably 100 threads just like that on this forum. It's almost as if it is a taught 'teaching' strategy, as the same method is used by several people on this forum. Kind of sneaky, if you ask me.

ppp

Far too simplistic so basically inaccurate and misleading. Take your point about ‘the emotional appeal of the oneness of humanity’. Quite wrong.

[Let there be no mistake. The principle of the Oneness of Mankind —the pivot round which all the teachings of Bahá'u 'Iláh revolve—is no mere outburst of ignorant emotionalism or an expression of vague and pious hope.

It implies an organic change in the structure of present-day society, a change such as the world has not yet experienced.

It calls for no less than the reconstruction and the demilitarization of the whole civilized world—a world organically unified in all the essential aspects of its life, its political machinery, its spiritual aspiration, its trade and finance, its script and language, and yet infinite in the diversity of the national characteristics of its federated units.

It has its indirect manifestations in the gradual diffusion of the spirit of world solidarity which is spontaneously arising out of the welter of a disorganized society."]

These topics go very, very deep. Many, many, layers to unpack. No person on this forum has anything but a very superficial idea about who we are or what we believe. They all couldn't really go much deeper than the points you made which makes it very difficult to have real discussion here as most are speaking from a vantage point of ignorance in that they haven’t delved deep into what Baha’i really is.
Can you tell me why you read "I think that you are very strong feelings about Baha'i messages being good and correct and a proper model for the future of humanity." and think that means a "mere outburst of ignorant emotionalism"?

I think that you are reading a disparagement of having feeling and emotions, where no such disparagement exists. As far as I am concerned, all that I said is that your religions beliefs are near and dear to you. That is neither an inherent positive or an inherent negative. It just is.

ppp

Most people I believe are good but that doesn’t mean we don’t have superiority complexes. Many consider their race or nation or religion superior and this belief causes estrangement & prejudice which has led to wars and conflicts. For example Putin is killing fellow human beings but justifies it by dehumanising Ukrainians. Russians and Ukrainians are both one race, one people. Same in the Middle East. Dehumanising and demonising people is the cause of having no qualms about murdering and raping them. It is a very corrupt mindset. Humans everywhere must be protected from evil dictators. But there is none to help them because of imaginary barriers. While it’s an ‘us vs them’ mentality cruel dictators are free to commit atrocities against human beings while human beings watch worldwide doing nothing because it’s not their race, religion or nationality. So many innocent people are oppressed but ignored simply because they are not seen first as human beings but as members of this or that group. The oneness of humankind means every human being is valued, has human rights and the right to be protected by the international community. But the international community doesn’t protect the innocent because it doesn’t put humanity first but national agendas. How regrettable that the world can’t find common ground and rescue the innocent from oppression.
This is a speech. Much of it I agree with. But it is still a speech. Not a conversation.

Audie

Veteran Member
That's very safe to assume. One of the not so obvious strategies of Baha'i proselytizing is to just start a topic that is known to have a Baha'i opinion. It can be almost any topic. Then, once any participant is sort of hooked on the topic, and discussion, the ideas from Baha'i are introduced. There are probably 100 threads just like that on this forum. It's almost as if it is a taught 'teaching' strategy, as the same method is used by several people on this forum. Kind of sneaky, if you ask me.
Id never heard of bahai.

But the prosletizing has led to a very negative
impression.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I think the education system has to be re-thought. It doesn't suit everyone and there has to be a faster way for people to start working good jobs. When it comes to morals, universal ethics, I don't think education system should primarily be about that. It's good to think but not dictate.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Id never heard of bahai.

But the prosletizing has led to a very negative
impression.
Me too, 6 or 7 years ago. For every one they catch the interest of, they have another 999 that would never ever consider it. But hey, it's a diverse world.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Some dictators are able to get away with it due to an analogous concept regarding equality among sovereign nations. The independence and sovereignty of nations are to be considered inviolate, meaning that no one can legally touch them or interfere in the internal affairs of their country.
But in a World Federation such recourse to national sovereignty would be impossible as no government would be above the law just like states are today and could be dismissed or replaced. However in the current climate such intervention would trigger a world war unless the entire world was on the same page.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Firstly, you should know that I've had some very long interactions on this forum with these guys over the years. You summed up why it's at first frustrating, and secondly, pointless, to enter a discussion with most Baha'i folk, as for them, it is all about Baha'i and literally nothing else. I've tried diverting the topic, and that often works with others, but not in this case. Best wishes.
Yes but this thread is about the oneness of humanity and that is the topic we should be discussing here. We should just all encourage each other to stay on topic. I believe humanity needs to find a way to reduce and eliminate prejudices of all kinds and that education is the main tool. And that this educational system is not fully in place if you take into account conflicts underway today. Take Muslims hatred for Jews, Christians and other religions. They are ‘taught’ to hate and unless their system changes wars will continue and this affects the entire world in costs of war and human suffering. So this is the issue at hand. Just agreeing is unhelpful. Action is required. That is why I believe all schools in the world need to teach the oneness of humanity. Education has a great influence on civilisation. It is what Hamas use to fuel their hatreds.

danieldemol

Premium Member
No person on this forum has anything but a very superficial idea about who we are or what we believe.
Since you are a person on this forum I appreciate your honesty in admitting you only have a superficial idea of what Baha'i believe, however as one who has extensively read Baha'u'llah, Abdul-Baha, Shoghi Effendi with even a couple of the hands of the cause thrown in including Adib-Taherzadeh whose 5 volume set "the revelation of Baha'u'llah " could hardly be described as superficial i believe you aught to stick to talking about yourself only when you describe the knowledge of Baha'i belief of others as "superficial".

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Can you tell me why you read "I think that you are very strong feelings about Baha'i messages being good and correct and a proper model for the future of humanity." and think that means a "mere outburst of ignorant emotionalism"?

I think that you are reading a disparagement of having feeling and emotions, where no such disparagement exists. As far as I am concerned, all that I said is that your religions beliefs are near and dear to you. That is neither an inherent positive or an inherent negative. It just is.
Your point about the oneness of humanity having emotional appeal is inaccurate. It involves much more than that.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I started the thread because I want wars to end and because I believe that they are fuelled by prejudices taught at a very young age such as Hamas teaching their young to hate and kill Jews. This is a sincere and honest thread.

My aim and intention is sincere and pure. There is no sneakiness here and no proselytising. It’s an honest thread about the oneness of mankind nothing else. Can we please return to the topic of the thread?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I started the thread because I want wars to end and because I believe that they are fuelled by prejudices taught at a very young age such as Hamas teaching their young to hate and kill Jews. This is a sincere and honest thread.

My aim and intention is sincere and pure. There is no sneakiness here and no proselytising. It’s an honest thread about the oneness of mankind nothing else. Can we please return to the topic of the thread?
Why not love Hamas? Aren't you supposed to love all humans equally? Seems you are breaking your own principle.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
What is the purpose of God creating hatred in humans per your view? Is it not to face oppressors?
Hi link. I do not believe God creates anything but peace and love. It is man that creates hatred towards man. If we educate people to hate and kill that comes from people not God. In God’s Eyes we are all brothers and sisters but men see ‘otherness’.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hi link. I do not believe God creates anything but peace and love. It is man that creates hatred towards man. If we educate people to hate and kill that comes from people not God. In God’s Eyes we are all brothers and sisters but men see ‘otherness’.
How did humans create the emotion, and not God?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
How did humans create the emotion, and not God?
God only teaches us to love. But we do the opposite. That is our choice to choose to hate not God’s. He gave us laws but freedom to choose to obey or disobey.