• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the oneness of humanity be taught in all schools worldwide

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That's very safe to assume. One of the not so obvious strategies of Baha'i proselytizing is to just start a topic that is known to have a Baha'i opinion. It can be almost any topic. Then, once any participant is sort of hooked on the topic, and discussion, the ideas from Baha'i are introduced. There are probably 100 threads just like that on this forum. It's almost as if it is a taught 'teaching' strategy, as the same method is used by several people on this forum. Kind of sneaky, if you ask me.
It must be frustrating for Baha'is that the strategy isn't working. How innocuous it sounds... We are all one. One people... On one planet. We all have to learn to get along in peace and unity. We cannot continue to hold on to our prejudices of race, of nationality, religion.

But it's too late. We've all heard this stuff before. We all know it's the basic teachings of the Baha'i Faith. And we all know what comes next... That the Baha'i Faith is the new truth from God. If we want peace, all we need to do if follow the laws and teachings of the Baha'i Faith.

The true "oneness", where everyone can get along, is dependent on a person becoming a Baha'i. As long as there is one "fundamentalist" Christian or Moslem or any other religion that believes their religion is the truth, then there will always be a separation. They believe that the Baha'i Faith is not a true religion but a false religion. And Baha'is aren't any better. We all know they teach that all the other religions have gotten off track and gotten things wrong.

So, what is this "teaching" oneness all about? It was from Baha'is that I learned that the Bible is not 100% authoritative and not accurate. I still don't know of any Scriptures from Hinduism or Buddhism that Baha'is say are true and accurate.

And we've already had threads arguing with Baha'is about their beliefs about homosexuality. They teach it is wrong and not natural and that a gay person should seek help to overcome their "affliction".

And now on another thread, we're learning about "covenant-breakers." Equal" Not judged? No, they are toxic to "normal" Baha'is. They must be shunned, so they don't poison the brains of the good and true Baha'is.

There's plenty of good stuff taught in the Baha'i Faith. And people are going in the same direction with many of those beliefs... Like equality of people that have a different skin color... Like equality between men and women. But are all religions one? I really don't think that even with Baha'is believe that.

Christianity has some good stuff in it too. But I'm certainly not going to buy in to everything they teach. How about with Baha'is? Are they okay if we accept the "good" stuff, only the stuff we like, and reject the stuff we don't like?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
You choose to believe in people who
have claimed to be "educators".

That is totally different from " god taught".

BTW, "them " is not a proper noun. Nor is "educator".
Its pretentious and ridiculous to lretend they are.
Their knowledge is the same as God’s knowledge so ‘God taught’ is applicable I we believe in this instance.

The use of a capital letter is simply an honorific used when God or the Manifestations are being referenced.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It must be frustrating for Baha'is that the strategy isn't working. How innocuous it sounds... We are all one. One people... On one planet. We all have to learn to get along in peace and unity. We cannot continue to hold on to our prejudices of race, of nationality, religion.

But it's too late. We've all heard this stuff before. We all know it's the basic teachings of the Baha'i Faith. And we all know what comes next... That the Baha'i Faith is the new truth from God. If we want peace, all we need to do if follow the laws and teachings of the Baha'i Faith.

The true "oneness", where everyone can get along, is dependent on a person becoming a Baha'i. As long as there is one "fundamentalist" Christian or Moslem or any other religion that believes their religion is the truth, then there will always be a separation. They believe that the Baha'i Faith is not a true religion but a false religion. And Baha'is aren't any better. We all know they teach that all the other religions have gotten off track and gotten things wrong.

So, what is this "teaching" oneness all about? It was from Baha'is that I learned that the Bible is not 100% authoritative and not accurate. I still don't know of any Scriptures from Hinduism or Buddhism that Baha'is say are true and accurate.

And we've already had threads arguing with Baha'is about their beliefs about homosexuality. They teach it is wrong and not natural and that a gay person should seek help to overcome their "affliction".

And now on another thread, we're learning about "covenant-breakers." Equal" Not judged? No, they are toxic to "normal" Baha'is. They must be shunned, so they don't poison the brains of the good and true Baha'is.

There's plenty of good stuff taught in the Baha'i Faith. And people are going in the same direction with many of those beliefs... Like equality of people that have a different skin color... Like equality between men and women. But are all religions one? I really don't think that even with Baha'is believe that.

Christianity has some good stuff in it too. But I'm certainly not going to buy in to everything they teach. How about with Baha'is? Are they okay if we accept the "good" stuff, only the stuff we like, and reject the stuff we don't like?
By all means do that. If you find anything helpful then that’s great and whatever you can’t accept then just leave it. Myself personally, I value and deeply treasure the Holy Words and scriptures of all the major faiths. To me they are all like chapters of one Book that is continually having chapters added as humanity evolves and that they complement one another. As to other religions I believe that all the Founders such as Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Christ and Baha’u’llah were infallible and All Knowing but not the followers or priests and clergy. So I accept all the Founders have said as truth but not the religious leaders who introduced many man made doctrines.

To Baha’is ‘good stuff’ and ‘bad stuff’ is more referring to the infallible Words of the Manifestations (good stuff) compared to the words of the clergy (the bad stuff) where they use religion to make wars, exploit it for terrorist acts, use their position for child sexual abuse and basically to cause division and disunity in the world. Thats the bad stuff Baha’is reject. The papal wars, the inquisition, the crusades, the siege of Jerusalem and so on. And when pastors tell their followers not to mix with other religions lest they become spiritually infected do you honestly expect me to accept that as part of any religion? I outrightly reject such hate mongering by people who should be teaching love. So when religion has descended into an organisation which teaches to hate then it is no longer a religion and needs to be renewed so God sends another Manifestation to renew religion. Baha’is creating hate and disunity are called covenant breakers in our religion. Like anyone in this forum stirring up trouble they get banned but are always welcome back if they change their ways.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The schools are no place to teach values. What values a child learns up to the PARENTS, not the state.

For myself, this is what I have taught my kids -- start at the center of the onion and move out. Meet your own needs first, food, shelter, clothing etc. After that be concerned about you children and family. If those needs are met, then move on to your larger community, whether it is that of your town or your church or whatever. After that, be concerned for your nation. And after that the world. I'm all in favor of feeding the starving kids in Africa, as long as it is done in a manner that keeps our priorities straight.

And I don't want anyone else teaching my kids anything else.
What if your church teaches your children to shun followers of other religions as they come from Satan? Thats no doubt prejudice so you agree with that or let the church turn your child into a hater of people from other religions?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What if your church teaches your children to shun followers of other religions as they come from Satan? Thats no doubt prejudice so you agree with that or let the church turn your child into a hater of people from other religions?
You are making absolutely no sense. Nothing I said was even related to how I introduced my kids to other religions. In fact, I went out of my way to make sure my kids learned about other faiths and cultures. Sorry, but your remark is just bizarre.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Regarding frustrating. Yes very. Seeing innocent people raped, babies burned, war in so many countries and just hoping and praying that people all across the world will start looking out for one another. But oh yes. Americans will only look out for their citizens and same with other nations. Say you’re a victim in one of those countries. You call to the international community for help but no answer. Why? Because you don’t happen to fall into the right category! So if you’re the Rohingya who had genocide committed against them you don't matter because you're not American For example. If you were, there would be 10 aircraft carriers out to rescue you. The world is so racist and bigoted that it doesn’t matter who gets slaughtered, oppressed or raped and mutilated if you are not a citizen of an important or wealthy nation. The fact you are a fellow human being never ever comes into the equation. Before any attempt to help you, your profile must qualify racially, religiously or nationally.

But with the oneness of mankind implemented every human would have human rights and be protected under enforceable international law. Worldcitizenship would grant all citizens the right to be protected from oppression. But this needs other things to happen. There needs to be an International Tribunal to adjudicate disputes. An International Force comprised of all nations and world disarmament.

Now, all we have is the useless veto system which is a boon for war criminals and dictators because whenever the Security Council wants to take action allies will use their veto. So murderers, war criminals and dictatorships are protected by the veto system.

Implementation of the oneness of mankind however, can end all wars and set up a system which will enforce and protect the rights of all people in the world according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights which would be part of a World Constitution. Getting there may take a third world war because humanity hasn’t learnt that our only protection is unity and solidarity. It’s a very complex process but the foundation is to accept the oneness of all people as citizens of one planet. From that concept a new world civilisation can be born based on human rights and justice.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You are making absolutely no sense. Nothing I said was even related to how I introduced my kids to other religions. In fact, I went out of my way to make sure my kids learned about other faiths and cultures. Sorry, but your remark is just bizarre.
No I was mistaken. I thought you mention church in your post so I pointed out that they are not free from prejudices if you ever thought of them attending them. So sorry if I misunderstood that.

Audie

Veteran Member
Their knowledge is the same as God’s knowledge so ‘God taught’ is applicable I we believe in this instance.
Your believe that there is a god who
told people things. Thats all you have.
Aside from some exceptionally bad prose.

Its what every mixed up person in
every religion believes.
And that they were so very lucky to
guess the right one.

Audie

Veteran Member
By all means do that. If you find anything helpful then that’s great and whatever you can’t accept then just leave it. Myself personally, I value and deeply treasure the Holy Words and scriptures of all the major faiths. To me they are all like chapters of one Book that is continually having chapters added as humanity evolves and that they complement one another. As to other religions I believe that all the Founders such as Moses, Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Christ and Baha’u’llah were infallible and All Knowing but not the followers or priests and clergy. So I accept all the Founders have said as truth but not the religious leaders who introduced many man made doctrines.

To Baha’is ‘good stuff’ and ‘bad stuff’ is more referring to the infallible Words of the Manifestations (good stuff) compared to the words of the clergy (the bad stuff) where they use religion to make wars, exploit it for terrorist acts, use their position for child sexual abuse and basically to cause division and disunity in the world. Thats the bad stuff Baha’is reject. The papal wars, the inquisition, the crusades, the siege of Jerusalem and so on. And when pastors tell their followers not to mix with other religions lest they become spiritually infected do you honestly expect me to accept that as part of any religion? I outrightly reject such hate mongering by people who should be teaching love. So when religion has descended into an organisation which teaches to hate then it is no longer a religion and needs to be renewed so God sends another Manifestation to renew religion. Baha’is creating hate and disunity are called covenant breakers in our religion. Like anyone in this forum stirring up trouble they get banned but are always welcome back if they change their ways.
Ah. So by following and quoting you become
infallible.

bahamut19

As a believer in Baha'u'llah, I fully agree with you. I feel if a Bahai focused first on Baha'u'llah's message instead of that of Abdul-Baha, Bahais would be more amenable to seeking and understanding unity. The Bahai Faith as it's currently structured with an infallible Covenant can never be the faith Baha'u'llah taught.

I do actually enjoy reading the scriptures and teachings of other faiths, and it's a big part of my understanding. I use the Gospel, Quran, various Hindu Scriptures, and Taoism in particular to help me understand the Bab and Baha'u'llah, and use the Bab and Baha'u'llah to help me understand those faiths.

A follower of the Gospels is just as important to the world as I am, and their contributions are valuable. However, a follower of Paul is more like a follower of Abdul-Baha, and that's where fundamentalism and supremacy happens.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It must be frustrating for Baha'is that the strategy isn't working.
For sure. But whenever anyone thinks they have a brilliant idea or theology, and nobody cares to listen, or simply disagrees, it has to be frustrating. I say 50 more years, max. The sands of time will take care of it. And then one has to conclude that maybe it wasn't such a brilliant idea after all.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
No I was mistaken. I thought you mention church in your post so I pointed out that they are not free from prejudices if you ever thought of them attending them. So sorry if I misunderstood that.
It's okay. Stuff happens. I've misread a post or too in my day as well.

In my case, my adult kids will tell you that one of the things they appreciate the most about their upbringing was how I exposed them to other groups, that they had regular experiences where they were in the minority and others looked, believed, spoke, and acted differently.

I also think that part of a good sound education is learning about other religions (which is not the same thing as learning a religion) and other peoples and cultures. It's part of a healthy social studies curriculum. Last time I checked, this was still part of the California state standards.

But when it comes to VALUES, it is not the job of the state to teach kids. If a parent wants to teach their kids that all other religions than theirs are of Satan, that is their right. If they want to teach their kids that homosexuality is bad, that is their right. If they want to teach their kid that girls must always wear modest dresses and that wearing pants tempts men, that is their right.

Oh, and just for the record, as a Jew, I attend a synagogue, not a church. :) :) :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
A follower of the Gospels is just as important to the world as I am, and their contributions are valuable.
I agree. The teachings of Jesus, when adhered to, are just as important to the world as the Baha'i teachings.
However, a follower of Paul is more like a follower of Abdul-Baha, and that's where fundamentalism and supremacy happens.
I agree and I have said that before. As you can imagine I got a lot of backlash from the Baha'i I said it to.
Paul did have many good things to say, just like Abdu'l-Baha, but he was not infallible like Jesus was.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The Bahai Faith as it's currently structured with an infallible Covenant can never be the faith Baha'u'llah taught.
This is what troubles me because I want to live according to what Baha'u'llah taught. That is what I try to do but I do it alone.

bahamut19

So, it is safe to assume you started this post as a method to gain support or students of Ruhi courses. If I am wrong, what other coursework or education system would you recommend as an alternative to Ruhi? If I am right, how has your experience with Ruhi helped lead to the education of the oneness of mankind? How many non Bahais have attended Ruhi classes you have participated in? Of these non Bahais, how many have ended up teaching these courses to others? What projects or initiatives have been started which were directly inspired by the Ruhi courses you have participated in?
@loverofhumanity

I was wondering if you could respond. From post #260.

bahamut19

This is what troubles me because I want to live according to what Baha'u'llah taught. That is what I try to do but I do it alone.
It is hard not having a local community to be a part of. Here in my locality, I'm going to try to start a new faith-based group sometime around Nawruz. It may or may not work, but I'll give it a try for a few years.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Your believe that there is a god who
told people things. Thats all you have.
Aside from some exceptionally bad prose.

Its what every mixed up person in
every religion believes.
And that they were so very lucky to
guess the right one.
The situation in the world is completely out of control. What we need is clarity which is what the Prophets bring. Today the urgent need I believe is to restore relationships between races, nations and religions. We do not want any more wars so we need to find ways to heal these fragmented relationships and I believe that is through education of the oneness of all humanity. This is the message today from God, through Baha’u’llah- to unite and reconcile our differences before it’s too late.

Audie

Veteran Member
The situation in the world is completely out of control. What we need is clarity which is what the Prophets bring. Today the urgent need I believe is to restore relationships between races, nations and religions. We do not want any more wars so we need to find ways to heal these fragmented relationships and I believe that is through education of the oneness of all humanity. This is the message today from God, through Baha’u’llah- to unite and reconcile our differences before it’s too late.
The world has never been "under control".

" Restore" is returning to a previous state of harmony-
that never existed . Any reader of history would
see this is an exceptionally peaceful.and secure time.

The last thing to be found in that turgid mess
of your prophet's writings is clarity.

There ix no. ' oneness" of all humanity. I sure dont want. Wont accept oneness with any relihion.

You are not talking education. You want to change human
nature, Your god, prophet, utopia of harmony- its all fantasy.

IF this "god" wanted to say something, inspiring
this balulah guy to wrote gibberish is an incredibly
stupid way to do it, guaranteed not to wotk.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The world has never been "under control".

" Restore" is returning to a previous state of harmony-
that never existed . Any reader of history would
see this is an exceptionally peaceful.and secure time.

The last thing to be found in that turgid mess
of your prophet's writings is clarity.

There ix no. ' oneness" of all humanity. I sure dont want. Wont accept oneness with any relihion.

You are not talking education. You want to change human
nature, Your god, prophet, utopia of harmony- its all fantasy.

IF this "god" wanted to say something, inspiring
this balulah guy to wrote gibberish is an incredibly
stupid way to do it, guaranteed not to wotk.
No fantasy. We already have established a world community comprised of the different races, religions and nationalities so it’s no utopia. And we don’t have the conflicts, disunity and wars that the rest of the world has. The oneness of mankind works and the Baha’i World Community is proof of that.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
No fantasy. We already have established a world community comprised of the different races, religions and nationalities so it’s no utopia.
Where is this alleged community?
Is it the internet collection of Baha'i organizations you linked to earlier in the thread?
What manner of "war" do you believe an internet community comprised solely of Baha'i will wage?