• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should the oneness of humanity be taught in all schools worldwide

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Where is this alleged community?
Is it the internet collection of Baha'i organizations you linked to earlier in the thread?
What manner of "war" do you believe an internet community comprised solely of Baha'i will wage?
We are a world community not an internet community. Roughly 6 million people from all races, religions and nationalities functioning on the concept of the oneness of humanity. I’ve visited the national Baha’i communities of Thailand, Burma, India and UK. Each nation has hundreds of local Baha’i communities.

Im not sure if this is the link I sent so apologies if it is.

This is a physical and geographical community not an internet one. Our world community is under world governance under a body called the Universal House of Justice in Haifa, Israel. We are the only world community under world governance and have never had any conflicts.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
If it's Hamas you're after, why don't you write a letter to them? Why pile the entire world onto a few? It's illogical.
Our different national communities try to address the specific main problem in each nation. For example the Baha’i community of the USA focus a lot on racial harmony by educating people of the oneness of races and having curriculum to educate and heal the rifts between races there. In other national communities it may be a different reality and problem that requires healing. In the Middle East it is religious prejudice and fanaticism which needs addressing and so on. While at the same time we are trying to learn and better ourselves.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
We are a world community not an internet community. Roughly 6 million people from all races, religions and nationalities functioning on the concept of the oneness of humanity. I’ve visited the national Baha’i communities of Thailand, Burma, India and UK. Each nation has hundreds of local Baha’i communities.

Im not sure if this is the link I sent so apologies if it is.

This is a physical and geographical community not an internet one. Our world community is under world governance under a body called the Universal House of Justice in Haifa, Israel. We are the only world community under world governance and have never had any conflicts.
So basically, your only "working model" is comprised solely of Baha'i, some whom have converted from other religions, but are now Baha'i?

The more you post, the more it looks as though you are looking for more converts.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You claim that your linked Baha'i community contains people from all religions...
How many Muslims identify as Baha'i?
How many Christians?

Are you perhaps talking about converts from other religions to Baha'i?
If so, then it is most dishonest to claim they are still Muslims, Christians, etc.
Baha’is accept all the major religions as equally true and valid. So although I call myself a Baha’i I am also a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian. We read from all the holy books of all these religions in our services and even the symbols of each faith is carved into the architecture of our houses of worship. So 6 million Baha’is accept all the major religions.

One does not give up one’s former belief when one becomes a Baha’i. So I was a Christian and only accepted Jesus. Now I believe in Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna and Zoroaster as well. So I have now converted to all religions. Such a world community could not exist without belief in the oneness of humanity. That is the foundation of our unity.

bahamut19

Baha’is accept all the major religions as equally true and valid. So although I call myself a Baha’i I am also a Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and Zoroastrian. We read from all the holy books of all these religions in our services and even the symbols of each faith is carved into the architecture of our houses of worship. So 6 million Baha’is accept all the major religions.

One does not give up one’s former belief when one becomes a Baha’i. So I was a Christian and only accepted Jesus. Now I believe in Buddha, Muhammad, Krishna and Zoroaster as well. So I have now converted to all religions. Such a world community could not exist without belief in the oneness of humanity. That is the foundation of our unity.
What was something unique Zoroaster taught that you believe in?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I think ideological thoughts are not terrible , but there's very little practical value in addressing something that just cannot be accomplished in the world.

I'd rather stick with the reality of the world around us and navigate through a realistic straightforward lens , resulting in more pragmatic boots on the ground people coming out of the educational system.
I believe in reaching for the stars rather than accepting mediocrity. We might not reach them but we will scale nobler heights just by making the effort. To say it’s too ideal and not try is defeatism. Let’s try and maybe we will be surprised at what our untapped human potential may achieve even world peace.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
So basically, your only "working model" is comprised solely of Baha'i, some whom have converted from other religions, but are now Baha'i?

The more you post, the more it looks as though you are looking for more converts.
Its definitely not about converting anyone but more about changing the nature of our relationships with one another towards a more friendly and tolerant one where wars end and we respect each other.

My wish personally is that the oneness of humanity becomes a consciousness in the world. So that all humanity are relieved of war and oppression. That prejudices disappear and the different nations, races and religions become close friends. So for example. If you reach out to others and befriend all then that’s all I want. To spread this thought that we desire friendship with all on earth. Now this sentiment has not penetrated everywhere. We can see that by the wars and cruelty in the world. Hopefully it reaches those places and changes hearts.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Its definitely not about converting anyone but more about changing the nature of our relationships with one another towards a more friendly and tolerant one where wars end and we respect each other.

My wish personally is that the oneness of humanity becomes a consciousness in the world. So that all humanity are relieved of war and oppression. That prejudices disappear and the different nations, races and religions become close friends. So for example. If you reach out to others and befriend all then that’s all I want. To spread this thought that we desire friendship with all on earth. Now this sentiment has not penetrated everywhere. We can see that by the wars and cruelty in the world. Hopefully it reaches those places and changes hearts.
So this sermon is your long winded version of "yes"?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
So, it is safe to assume you started this post as a method to gain support or students of Ruhi courses. If I am wrong, what other coursework or education system would you recommend as an alternative to Ruhi? If I am right, how has your experience with Ruhi helped lead to the education of the oneness of mankind? How many non Bahais have attended Ruhi classes you have participated in? Of these non Bahais, how many have ended up teaching these courses to others? What projects or initiatives have been started which were directly inspired by the Ruhi courses you have participated in?
I think I’ve already answered this. The object of this thread is promote the concept of the oneness of humankind not Ruhi although Ruhi does teach it. I’m in an isolated community so we study Ruhi online. As far as number it varies but about 5-6 is ideal. Too many and you don’t get much reflecting. I have Baha’i friends who have taught Ruhi to many non Baha’is and they then passed it on to others. It’s not well known yet but in places where it is, governments I have heard have requested some programs such as junior youth or children’s classes for their classes.

My niece in Burma runs a full time Baha’i inspired nursery school which comes under Ruhi Book 3 and its other units. I facilitate Ruhi a few times every week and we learn so much. The thing non Baha’is don’t know is that nowhere throughout all the courses is there any conversion attempt or element. Anyone could just do the course, gain valuable skills and walk away.

Audie

Veteran Member
Would you be able to give an example of the gibberish you say came from Baha'u'llah?
Pretty funny who thinks thats
a "winner".

Post any paragraph you like,
the noise / signal ratio is at least
10:1. Maybe 50 or 100.
Or didnt you notice.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Ah.
So perhaps you can present a "working model" of this oneness of humanity that is not exclusively Baha'i?
The ‘oneness of mankind’ is a principle. As such we have no monopoly or trademark on it. People anywhere can create their own curriculum based on this principle using humanitarian, Buddhist, Hindu or any other material. The main thing is it promotes unity and harmony between all people. Our model can be used by anyone. No need to be a Baha’i.