• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I don't know Mayada, since he knew about something called Muslim Brotherhood and Sayyed Qutb (a couple of months ago), he didn't stop repeating this stuff all over the forum. :facepalm: :areyoucra

Sometimes the truth can be unattractive especially when you are not wearing Rose tinted glasses;)

Ba'al

So only casualties caused by the West is the business of everyone all the others carried out by religious nutcases are ok

Please be specific in your examples. Casualties caused by the west including bombs, missiles, gunfire, DU, sanctions and any other weapon our tax money pays for is not ok. The deaths caused internal fighting is not our business.

Ba'al

No I was speaking to your assertion that islamic extremism was a response to western extremism, and you then used George Bush as your example.

It is a response to the actions of the west. Look at the number of muslim extremists now as compared to before 911. No comparison. The best recruitment tool for al-Qaeda is western aggression and any military analyst will tell you that.

The examples I gave were of Islamic expansionism and conquest long before there ever was a USA.

Islamic expansionism wasn't any different than any other nation of the times, in fact, English colonialism was far worse.

And I must point out ...Your argument that an example of peace will be met with peace is completely wrong, IMO. History has shown that again and again and again.
Seeking peace with someone who just wants war will only lead to you getting stabbed in the back.

Well, here we disagree. History books are highlighted with wars yes, but they do not highlight instances of nations at peace.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Ba'al and Fatihah (2 peas in a pod), I suppose you blame the West for muslim-on-muslim violence too, when muslim extremists targeting moderate muslims...

http://www.beliefnet.com/Faiths/Islam/2006/05/In-The-Crosshairs-Moderate-Muslims.aspx

"Many observers suspect extremist Muslims were responsible for an April 11 suicide attack in Pakistan that killed 57 people at a prayer festival celebrating the birthday of Prophet Muhammad. The festival was organized by moderate Sunni Muslim groups, and influential leaders were among the dead."

Suppose next the West will be blamed for the practice of female genital mutilation.

Last edited:

Ba'al

Ba'al and Fatihah (2 peas in a pod), I suppose you blame the West for muslim-on-muslim violence too, when muslim extremists targeting moderate muslims...

If you had read my last few posts you'd have your supposed answer. You really have alot hatred built up, sonofskeptish. Let it go man.

Snowber

In the end,

I have a 'theory' (lawl) that the less informed you are, and this is what we see in much of the third world (not their fault just lack of resources) then you become more extreme in thoughts.

So Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Jew, etc chances are if they come from an extremely impoverished nation then their views will lean more towards violence (though not in all cases of course).

As for the comments about Muslim extremism coming from the West, in a way this does have a lot to do with how Muslims (or even non-Muslims Arabs, etc) view the West. To them (and I know this from experience in many cases) the West is the true evil. They've "stripped" them of their culture, in the case of Palestine-Israel they've "given" Israel the Palestinian's land (and of course this situation affects many surrounding Arabs even though arabs practically hate each other anyway). Many people hate the West (religious or not) because they feel that the West had an obligation to help them in tragedy and didn't. I'm not saying i agree/disagree with any of the reasoning but you have to put your self in their shoes to see the kind of understanding they come from.

In the end polite debate and understanding is the best way to peace, I think.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Please be specific in your examples. Casualties caused by the west including bombs, missiles, gunfire, DU, sanctions and any other weapon our tax money pays for is not ok. The deaths caused internal fighting is not our business.

At least 37 people were killed and 62 injured in bomb and rocket attacks at various places of this capital city on the day of parliamentary election in the country, an interior ministry source said.
Twenty five people were killed and 19 wounded when a mortar round struck a residential building in Baghdad's north eastern Ur area Sunday, the source said on condition of anonymity.
Four people were killed and eight injured when a building collapsed after a powerful bomb explosion in the al-Shurta al-Rabia neighbourhood in south western Baghdad, Xinhua reported quoting the ministry source.
Also in the day, a rocket struck Hurriyah area in northern Baghdad, killing four people and injuring six.

This is just one example and a regular occurance,the most stupid thing about the people who carry out such attacks apart from being stupid themselves is the sooner it stops the sooner all the foreign troops can leave.

kai

ragamuffin
At least 37 people were killed and 62 injured in bomb and rocket attacks at various places of this capital city on the day of parliamentary election in the country, an interior ministry source said.
Twenty five people were killed and 19 wounded when a mortar round struck a residential building in Baghdad's north eastern Ur area Sunday, the source said on condition of anonymity.
Four people were killed and eight injured when a building collapsed after a powerful bomb explosion in the al-Shurta al-Rabia neighbourhood in south western Baghdad, Xinhua reported quoting the ministry source.
Also in the day, a rocket struck Hurriyah area in northern Baghdad, killing four people and injuring six.

This is just one example and a regular occurance,the most stupid thing about the people who carry out such attacks apart from being stupid themselves is
the sooner it stops the sooner all the foreign troops can leave

perhaps they dont want them to leave! maybe they wont have a goal in life if theres peace?

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
If you had read my last few posts you'd have your supposed answer. You really have alot hatred built up, sonofskeptish. Let it go man.

Yes, I have a strong dislike of Islamic extremists, as much so as your strong dislike of the West.

Ba'al

This is just one example and a regular occurance,the most stupid thing about the people who carry out such attacks apart from being stupid themselves is the sooner it stops the sooner all the foreign troops can leave.

As long as there are foreign troops there, it will not stop.

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
As long as there are foreign troops there, it will not stop.

No, it won't, not IMHO.

As Islam works to catch-up to the 21st Century, there will always be a conflict between what passes for "progressives" in the culture of the ME, and the hardliners who want to maintain the status quo.

As Islam adjusts itself, much like Christianity did during the Enlightenment Movement, the "progressives" will become the vast majority and the hard-liners will increase their efforts to force everyone back into their line of thinking.

Western troops don't help the situation, that is true.

Gabethewiking

No, it won't, not IMHO.

As Islam works to catch-up to the 21st Century, there will always be a conflict between what passes for "progressives" in the culture of the ME, and the hardliners who want to maintain the status quo.

As Islam adjusts itself, much like Christianity did during the Enlightenment Movement, the "progressives" will become the vast majority and the hard-liners will increase their efforts to force everyone back into their line of thinking.

Western troops don't help the situation, that is true.

Question is, how long will it take until they reach that line, "Civilization", and they stop murdering people?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Question is, how long will it take until they reach that line, "Civilization", and they stop murdering people?

That will be a question answered only in hind site.

One could ask how long before our own home-grown fundies catch up with the 21st century too. :p

Only real difference is ours try and use our own legal system to push their brand of their religion.

Gabethewiking

There will always be murder. I doubt the US will ever stop it either.

I see, you seem to not know what we are talking about, let me edit it for you:
Question is, how long will it take until they reach the line of not Killing People in the name of their God?

Gabethewiking

That will be a question answered only in hind site.

One could ask how long before our own home-grown fundies catch up with the 21st century too. :p

Only real difference is ours try and use our own legal system to push their brand of their religion.

Yes, but honestly, even if does fundie madmen would take over our nation, I think it would take some time before they would start a nuclear war, they are to comfortable with modern technology to destroy it so fast whils our Allah followers seem far to enthusiastic to end their lives far to quickly.

Ba'al

I see, you seem to not know what we are talking about, let me edit it for you:
Question is, how long will it take until they reach the line of not Killing People in the name of their God?

Most of the killing there has been done by westerners killing muslims. That's still not good enough for you?

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Most of the killing there has been done by westerners killing muslims. That's still not good enough for you?
Do you have proof of this. I'd say just has much other the Killings have been done by Muslim killing other Muslims. No one is innocent.

Skeptisch

You've included the Koran in the question above but all these verses are from the Bible? Sorry if I missed something here.
I was wondering if the Bible and the Koran were inspired by the same God.

But in the end Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse, or talking snakes, the rapture, Noah’s ark, virgin births, angels and devils, etc are all supernatural and a pantheist does not understand the supernatural.

Thanks for putting your slant on what the Koran is supposed to tell the world.