• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

.lava

Veteran Member
Wouldn't breeding like rabbits, immigration, forcing your religious on others, etc. all be reasons for a religion to be the "fastest growing"?

i always find this saying "breeding like rabbits" very weird and little disturbing. forcing your religious belief on others would not even make your religious view grow among people. it has never happened actually. because oppression and rebellion is more like siamese twins, one always come after other. if people were forced to accept Islam then Islam would not grow if you ask me

Ba'al

i always find this saying "breeding like rabbits" very weird and little disturbing. forcing your religious belief on others would not even make your religious view grow among people. it has never happened actually. because oppression and rebellion is more like siamese twins, one always come after other. if people were forced to accept Islam then Islam would not grow if you ask me

I agree completely. They just can't accept the fact that some people actually want to become muslim.

Skeptisch

But just because you are a Pantheist doesn't mean you speak for all other Pantheist.
Sorry for giving the impression of speaking for all pantheists.
This is sounds pretty good to me:

- Reverence for Nature and the wider Universe.

- Active respect and care for the rights of all humans and other living beings.

- Realism - acceptance that the external world exists independently of human consciousness or perception.

- Strong naturalism, without belief in supernatural realms.

- Respect for reason, evidence and the scientific method as our best ways of understanding nature and the Universe.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is

Forcing religious views on your kids is by far the most effective way to grow your faith... along with having tons of them. How many of the apparently growing muslim population is due to shifting faith versus pure breeding? Until I see stats, I'd say 99.9% don't "choose" there faith... they are told what to believe as children. I'd like to hear from a single muslim who wasn't born into a muslim home (BTW... this goes for most religions).

Last edited:

Snowber

It's amazing how many people wanted to be Christian at the point of a sword yesterday, and how many people want to be Muslim at the muzzle of a gun today.

Truly believing in a religion isn't calling yourself whatever religion it may be but truly believing it, GOD knows that:

[3:28] The believers never ally themselves with the disbelievers, instead of the believers. Whoever does this is exiled from GOD. Exempted are those who are forced to do this to avoid persecution. GOD alerts you that you shall reverence Him alone. To GOD is the ultimate destiny.

[16:106] Those who disbelieve in GOD, after having acquired faith, and become fully content with disbelief, have incurred wrath from GOD. The only ones to be excused are those who are forced to profess disbelief, while their hearts are full of faith.*

GOD never told us to go all out like braveheart if it meant someone was putting a gun to your head.

In fact, the Koran does NOT advocate forcing religion on someone, therefore any force of religion done by someone would NOT be truly considered Muslim (even if they claim to be Muslim)

[10:99] Had your Lord willed, all the people on earth would have believed.* Do you want to force the people to become believers?

[11:28] He said, "O my people, what if I have a solid proof from my Lord? What if He has blessed me out of His mercy, though you cannot see it? Are we going to force you to believe therein?

In fact I think much of the arguments you guys have against "Islam" isn't really against Islam, it's against what evil people have innovated. If you have arguments against the Koran specifically, please start another thread I'd be happy to discuss that with you.

Forcing religious views on your kids is by far the most effective way to grow your faith... along with having tons of them. How many of the apparently growing muslim population is due to shifting faith versus pure breeding? Until I see stats, I'd say 99.9% don't "choose" there faith... they are told what to believe as children. I'd like to hear from a single muslim who wasn't born into a muslim home (BTW... this goes for most religions).

There are many Muslims who weren't born into Muslims homes. Whether they are on this forum or not doesn't matter. Before I go on about your comment I want you to know that I came from a traditional Sunni Muslim family yet my beliefs greatly differ from theres.

GOD condemns believing "just because their parents believed" and supports verifying all information:

Maintaining the Status Quo: A Human Tragedy

[2:170] When they are told, "Follow what GOD has revealed herein," they say, "We follow only what we found our parents doing." What if their parents did not understand, and were not guided?

You Shall Not Bear False Witness

[4:135] O you who believe, you shall be absolutely equitable, and observe GOD, when you serve as witnesses, even against yourselves, or your parents, or your relatives. Whether the accused is rich or poor, GOD takes care of both. Therefore, do not be biased by your personal wishes. If you deviate or disregard (this commandment), then GOD is fully Cognizant of everything you do.

Do Not Follow Your Parents' Religion Blindly

[5:104] When they are told, "Come to what GOD has revealed, and to the messenger," they say, "What we found our parents doing is sufficient for us." What if their parents knew nothing, and were not guided?

Examine All Inherited Information

[7:28] They commit a gross sin, then say, "We found our parents doing this, and GOD has commanded us to do it." Say, "GOD never advocates sin. Are you saying about GOD what you do not know?"

Following the Parents Blindly: A Human Tragedy

[7:70] They said, "Did you come to make us worship GOD alone, and abandon what our parents used to worship? We challenge you to bring the doom you threaten us with, if you are truthful."

and many more verses, ask me if you're interested.

As for verifying all information:

Crucial Advice

[17:36] You shall not accept any information, unless you verify it for yourself. I have given you the hearing, the eyesight, and the brain, and you are responsible for using them.

A healthy debate isn't one where we mock each other back and forth (this goes for everyone not specifically to quoted), if you have an issue you want to discuss rather than accusing a whole group of people bring a specific topic or teaching you want to refute and people can discuss it in a civilized manner. I doubt much good ever came from mocking and ridiculing one another.

How to Spread God's Message

[16:125] You shall invite to the path of your Lord with wisdom and kind enlightenment, and DEBATE with them in the best possible manner. Your Lord knows best who has strayed from His path, and He knows best who are the guided ones.

Also I wanted to add: Throughout history the TRUE believers were always a very small community, just because you see a billion Christians or Muslims doesn't mean they all practice the religion according to what GOD taught them:

[11:40] When our judgment came, and the atmosphere boiled over, we said, "Carry on it a pair of each kind,* together with your family, except those who are condemned. Carry with you those who have believed," and ONLY A FEW have believed with him.

*11:40 & 44 This is God's proven truth: Noah's ark was made of logs, tied together with primitive ropes (54:13). Contrary to common belief, the flood was limited to the area around today's Dead Sea, and the animals were Noah's livestock only; not every animal that lived on earth.

[11:116] If only some of those among the previous generations possessed enough intelligence to forbid evil! ONLY A FEW of them deserved to be saved by us. As for the transgressors, they were preoccupied with their material luxuries; they were guilty.

[18:22] Some would say, "They were three; their dog being the fourth," while others would say, "Five; the sixth being their dog," as they guessed. Others said, "Seven," and the eighth was their dog. Say, "My Lord is the best knower of their number." ONLY A FEW knew the correct number. Therefore, do not argue with them; just go along with them. You need not consult anyone about this.

[34:13] They made for him anything he wanted - niches, statues, deep pools, and heavy cooking pots. O family of David, work (righteousness) to show your appreciation. ONLY A FEW of My servants are appreciative.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Also I wanted to add: Throughout history the TRUE believers were always a very small community, just because you see a billion Christians or Muslims doesn't mean they all practice the religion according to what GOD taught them:
Do 'true believers' actually exist? or are they some kind of an idelogical relic used when one whishes to justify a faith in the face of the social problems around it? isn't it more constructive to face the social problems that a faith is experiencing, than imply that the social problems are rooted in 'false believers'. who are those true believers you refer to? are they separated from the 'false believers' are they two completely separated communities?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Truly believing in a religion isn't calling yourself whatever religion it may be but truly believing it, GOD knows that:

GOD never told us to go all out like braveheart if it meant someone was putting a gun to your head.

In fact, the Koran does NOT advocate forcing religion on someone, therefore any force of religion done by someone would NOT be truly considered Muslim (even if they claim to be Muslim)

1. You've just made a concrete argument against any possible statements claiming someone isn't Muslim/Christian because of the way they act.

2. Never said you should.

3. Neither does the bible, but it still occured to the point of the systematic destruction of ancient cultures and religions. The Taliban, for instance, doesn't give a crap whether you actually believed in Allah, or their version of Islam, as long as you live by their rules and go through the motions.

And your last paragraph above contradicts the first.

Skeptisch

Please, let’s have the courage to read this carefully, it tells us why we should all fear Islam.

Abdus Salam:

“There is no question, but today, of all civilizations on this planet, science is the weakest in the lands of Islam. The dangers of this weakness cannot be over-emphasized since honourable survival of a society depends directly on strength in science and technology in the conditions of the present age”.

http://www.cis-ca.org/voices/a/abdussalam_mn.htm

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Please, let’s have the courage to read this carefully, it tells us why we should all fear Islam.

Abdus Salam:

“There is no question, but today, of all civilizations on this planet, science is the weakest in the lands of Islam. The dangers of this weakness cannot be over-emphasized since honourable survival of a society depends directly on strength in science and technology in the conditions of the present age”.

[URL]http://www.cis-ca.org/voices/a/abdussalam_mn.htm[/URL]

Abdus Salam:

"Every potent life-saving medicament of today, from penicillin upwards, has been created without our share of input from any of us from the Muslim world."

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!

Abdus Salam:

http://www.cis-ca.org/voices/a/abdussalam_mn.htm

How many Muslims born and raised in western cultures should we "fear"?

Or is it those who still remain in near stone age cultures in the Pashtun Mountains, for example, or born into such culturally repressed areas of the world?

Ba'al

How many Muslims born and raised in western cultures should we "fear"?

Or is it those who still remain in near stone age cultures in the Pashtun Mountains, for example, or born into such culturally repressed areas of the world?

What a foolish statement. Technology doesn't make any society more humane in any way, whatsoever.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

This is something i find disturbing,Children should be allowed to grow to maturity and then make a valued judgement if a religion is for them,i guess if that were to happen many religions would all but dissapear)(

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
This is something i find disturbing,Children should be allowed to grow to maturity and then make a valued judgement if a religion is for them,i guess if that were to happen many religions would all but dissapear)(

Which is why indoctrination of the young is so vital to religions, and why one sees the religious right (which is neither) constantly trying to get religious doctrine/myths back into public schools.

Last edited: