• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

kai

ragamuffin
As long as there are foreign troops there, it will not stop.

where? lay it out for me where do you want foreign troops removed from? and why do you think blowing up muslims will make foreign troops leave? explain to me how blowing fellow muslims is freedom fighting? or resistance?

Snowber

But in the end Muhammad flying to heaven on a winged horse, or talking snakes, the rapture, Noah’s ark, virgin births, angels and devils, etc are all supernatural and a pantheist does not understand the supernatural.

I don't know if refuting this would be better than leaving you in your old ignorance sir Skeptisch.
Thanks for putting your slant on what the Koran is supposed to tell the world.

You only need look as far as your mind for slants :)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
As long as there are foreign troops there, it will not stop.

Then that just goes to show how stupid these people are,if the insurgents stopped attacking everyone we would have been out of Iraq ages ago,go figure its the height of stupidness,a mixture of Islamist facism and no brains

gnostic

The Lost One
I think we should be caution, if not fearful, of the modern interpretations of Islam, and how the people proposed to implement Islam, with their laws and use of forces.

I don't trust Muslims in power, or those said to be imans or clerics. Some may be good and wise, but there are others who are hostile, who won't allow people to question their teachings and interpretations, or their authorities. But then again, I don't Christians too, especially when they tried to play politics, both at secular levels and religious levels.

Skeptisch

I don't know if refuting this would be better than leaving you in your old ignorance sir Skeptisch.
To admit ignorance about the unknowable and supernatural does not seem to be such a bad choice. However, to be ignorant about the laws of nature and how the real world works, IS a bad choice.

Ignorant = lacking knowledge or information

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
A pantheist does not understand the supernatural.
Friend, this might be what you believe and understand as a Pantheist. But just because you are a Pantheist doesn't mean you speak for all other Pantheist. There are Pagans that don't understand the 'Supernatural' does that mean all do?,There are New Agers that don't understand, does that mean all don't?.... ^_^

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I think we should be caution, if not fearful, of the modern interpretations of Islam, and how the people proposed to implement Islam, with their laws and use of forces.

I agree,there is some bad literature out there and its having a detrimental effect in many Islamist Countries.

I don't trust Muslims in power, or those said to be imans or clerics. Some may be good and wise, but there are others who are hostile, who won't allow people to question their teachings and interpretations, or their authorities. But then again, I don't Christians too, especially when they tried to play politics, both at secular levels and religious levels.

Agree again,religion of any kind and Politics is a big no no IMO

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
The United Nations (of Islam)

Yes we should be afraid, very afraid... because Islamic states use democratic and diplomatic processes established by the West (to protect things like human rights and free speech), to instead "protect" their religion and facilitate it's spread (at the hands of extremists). The first to suffer are moderate muslims in these countries.

Here's an example... a U.N. resolution (which is dominated by Islamic states) defining the questioning of Islamic dogma as a human rights violation.

UN Watch Briefing - UN Watch

What a joke... Why don't they add questioning the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster as a human rights violation. The UN is such a useless organization.

Last edited:

Ba'al

To admit ignorance about the unknowable and supernatural does not seem to be such a bad choice. However, to be ignorant about the laws of nature and how the real world works, IS a bad choice.

Ignorant = lacking knowledge or information

I think he means your ignorance of the what the quran teaches. You see, you are mixing a political situation with their religious text which you refuse to read but think you understand. It's like if I were to blame your naiveness on pantheism.

Ba'al

Yes we should be afraid, very afraid... because Islamic states use democratic and diplomatic processes established by the West (to protect things like human rights and free speech), to instead "protect" their religion and facilitate it's spread (at the hands of extremists).

Islam isn't spreading through war torn countries. Most of them are already muslim. Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, through peaceful means.

Last edited by a moderator:

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
oh dear...what's wrong with you? why do you keep asking this weird question? one becomes Muslim if he wants to, by that he accepts there is one Creator, he confirms existance of angels, after life, Prophets and holy books. studying Qur'an is individual's responsibility as a Muslim. not everyone does that but they are still Muslims for accepting certain things and claiming to be one. what's there you don't get?

I believe that Fatihah has said that when one does wrong, one is not Muslim. Rather convenient out for so-called Muslims, no? I'm trying to get him to look at the consequences of that assertion. If so, then apparently people who call themselves Muslim have a tendency to be liars or deluded. Please note--not what I'm saying, what Fatihah is saying.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
It's not his version..it's the version of a billion muslims except for a very small extremist minority....
I question these numbers. Is it a small extremist minority? Do you have support for this assertion?

For example, those cartoon riots: thousands of Muslims, not just a few, but thousands rioted.

Let's look at recent news reports:

Two killed as Indian newspaper sparks Muslim riots
02 Mar 2010 10:23:24 GMT
Source: Reuters

BANGALORE, India, March 2 (Reuters) - A curfew was imposed on a southern Indian town on Tuesday after two people were killed when Muslims rioted to protest against a newspaper article they said offended Islam, police said. ... Hundreds of Muslims took to the streets on Monday after a local newspaper published what it said was an article by controversial Bangladeshi author Taslima Nasrin challenging the traditional Muslim veil as curbing women's freedom. They vandalised shops and damaged vehicles. Protests also spread to Hassan town. Police said Hindus had retaliated at some places.

MUSLIM CLERICS DRIVE KENYA'S ANTI-GAY RIOTS

In the coastal town of Mtwapa in Kenya’s Kilifi district, media hysteria and outrage by clerics over a non-existent gay wedding whipped up mob violence that began on February 12, unleashing a house-to-house witch hunt by anti-gay vigilantes, street attacks targeting gay men, the sacking of an AIDS-fighting medical center, and a widening wave of ultra-homophobic national media coverage.

This is just within the last month. And just riots.

Is it a tiny minority that denies women equal rights with men?

A tiny minority that allows male relatives to get away with killing their own family members? Or is it the entire power structure of anywhere with a Muslim government?

And since you are a jew , and supposedly an honest person ,why haven't i heard you condemning the massacring of civilians in Gaza ?!!
Start a thread. As I have said before, tu quoque is a fallacy and a very weak, irresponsible argument.

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Islam isn't spreading through war torn countries. Most of them are already muslim. Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, through peaceful means. Sonofskeptish, your avatar suits you.

And if your avatar was of an Islamic religious figure, there'd be riots, and a fatwa would be issued on you for disrespecting to the Islamic faith. Yet there is no such riots or fatwas.

Regarding Islam having completed it's spread through war torn countries... thanks for pointing that out... Islam pervasive in war torn countries... interesting... yet another benefit.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Islam isn't spreading through war torn countries. Most of them are already muslim.
What an interesting pair of sentences. Fascinating, actually.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, through peaceful means. Sonofskeptish, your avatar suits you.
Codswallop. I don't suppose you would like to give us your sources for these interesting, but highly misleading, assertions, would you, Ba'al?

AxisMundi

E Pluribus Unum!!!
Islam isn't spreading through war torn countries. Most of them are already muslim. Islam is the fastest growing religion in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia, through peaceful means. Sonofskeptish, your avatar suits you.

Incorrect.

While both of the younger Abrahamics claim to be the "fastest growing", both remain at the same percentage of the global population.

Atheism is actually the fastest growing segment of society in the western world.

.lava

Veteran Member
I believe that Fatihah has said that when one does wrong, one is not Muslim. Rather convenient out for so-called Muslims, no? I'm trying to get him to look at the consequences of that assertion. If so, then apparently people who call themselves Muslim have a tendency to be liars or deluded. Please note--not what I'm saying, what Fatihah is saying.

dear friend, there are certain verses of Qur'an that tell about Imams who invite to hell and also about people who say they are Muslims but they are wrong doers. there are any kind of people. what i am saying is judgement can not be done by people. i can not say this guy is not Muslim because he is doing this or that. people are weak, we follow our desires, we all make mistakes. there are Muslims who's misinformed for instance. they do not mean to do things against Islam but they are taught wrong

Ba'al

What an interesting pair of sentences. Fascinating, actually.

Yeah, it basically shows a correlation between Islamic countries and countries that have been blown up by the west. That must make you feel good inside.

Codswallop. I don't suppose you would like to give us your sources for these interesting, but highly misleading, assertions, would you, Ba'al?

Muslim population growth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Growth of Islam and World Religions : Loving Muslims Through Prayer | www.30-days.net

Pew Forum: An Uncertain Road: Muslims and the Future of Europe

BBC NEWS | Europe | Muslims in Europe: Country guide

and just so I don't disappoint AxisMundi I will even throw in an islamic source:

Google Image Result for http://www.isgoc.com/images/aboutislam/Islam%20vs.%20other%27s%20growth%20rate.png

sonofskeptish

It is what it is
Wouldn't breeding like rabbits, immigration, forcing your religious on others, etc. all be reasons for a religion to be the "fastest growing"?