• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
are you are we are talking about Usama Bin Laden? this is not about how to know and analyze people that we met on internet

Just anyone. If I meet someone, in person or on the internet, or read about them, and they call themselves Muslim, should I automatically distrust them, as the chances are high that they cannot even be trusted to accurately state their religion?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
being religious would not make anyone potential criminal. ever considered that religion is used to manipulate people only because people care for religion?

I certainly have, and strongly agree. Just one of the many reasons the world would be better without it.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
i would disagree with Muslims about certain things, that is possible but killing civilians is definetely not one of them, Autodidact. so now saying Bin Laden is a wrong doer and should not be followed by Muslims is wrong and you look for people to disagree with me? what's wrong with you?

Hey, I'm not the one blowing up babies and shoppers.

I'm not saying you need to agree with him, I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that you have no more authority to say who is a True Muslim than he does; probably less, as a practical matter. Apparently millions of so-called Muslims endorse his views. It appears that your views may be in the minority of so-called Muslims. I guess they would say you're a so-called Muslim. What a mess.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
no, thank God, no. but as you see, it is us who has to clean the mess he caused. because of his own doings all the Muslims are seen suspicious and dangerous. i don't need to know him personally. i know and see what he did, his work and result of his actions. that's enough for me

I sympathize with you, and wish you well in your efforts. You may be interested in the Women's Jihad Against Violence.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
well, if someone is killing dozens of civilians i think you can say that. because it is a crime by all standards, got it?

And apparently approved by millions of so-called Muslims around the world.

O.K., RF so-called Muslims, following .lava's advice, I will henceforward mistrust you without knowing you, and assume you are probably not to be believed, until you prove different. Sad.

.lava

Veteran Member
Just anyone. If I meet someone, in person or on the internet, or read about them, and they call themselves Muslim, should I automatically distrust them, as the chances are high that they cannot even be trusted to accurately state their religion?

we talked about this before, Autodidact. you can't expect everyone to be at certain level of education, with same cultural background and above all you expect each Muslim to adopt all virtues simply by calling himself a Muslim. people are not perfect. a guy may be a Muslim who drinks alcohol. i know many people like that. they are Muslims and they commit sin. but killing civilians, i am sorry but it is nothing like drinking alcohol or eating pork.

use your intellect, that is what i try to do. if you sincerely want to reach a final conclusion about Muslims, just give it up. it is like boiling water and this is dangerous issue. everything is so complicated and confusing and that is the point. don't let yourself get drifted in this mess. want to see what Islam is, try to read Qur'an and decide yourself who's trying to serve Islam. don't go to Islamic nations. stay wherever feels like home until this chaos was over. what more can i say? you don't even know who is serving what and you still want to be in it

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
we talked about this before, Autodidact. you can't expect everyone to be at certain level of education, with same cultural background and above all you expect each Muslim to adopt all virtues simply by calling himself a Muslim. people are not perfect. a guy may be a Muslim who drinks alcohol. i know many people like that. they are Muslims and they commit sin. but killing civilians, i am sorry but it is nothing like drinking alcohol or eating pork.
No, I don't expect special virtue. What I expect is not to actively pursue and create evil.

If Muslims can't even agree on whether their religion commands them to kill innocent babies, many of them Muslim, then it's not very clear, is it?

use your intellect, that is what i try to do. if you sincerely want to reach a final conclusion about Muslims, just give it up. it is like boiling water and this is dangerous issue. everything is so complicated and confusing and that is the point. don't let yourself get drifted in this mess. want to see what Islam is, try to read Qur'an and decide yourself who's trying to serve Islam. don't go to Islamic nations. stay wherever feels like home until this chaos was over. what more can i say? you don't even know who is serving what and you still want to be in it
what I want is to make the world a safer, more peaceful and fair place. It appears that to do that I need to struggle against so-called Islam, as it threatens all of those things.

.lava

Veteran Member
And apparently approved by millions of so-called Muslims around the world.

O.K., RF so-called Muslims, following .lava's advice, I will henceforward mistrust you without knowing you, and assume you are probably not to be believed, until you prove different. Sad.

is there one single Muslim you know from RF who says it is OK to kill civilians?

.lava

Veteran Member
I certainly have, and strongly agree. Just one of the many reasons the world would be better without it.

even if religion goes away, as long as those who organize wars are still on Earth there would be wars and conflict. they would either use this or that to manipulate people because we humans are naive creatures. if you want bloodshed to end, then end ignorance. ignorance of religious is not going anywhere if they are not learning religion

.lava

Veteran Member
Apparently eselam thinks it's O.K. for Islamic governments to kill homosexual civilians. Is eselam a true Muslim?

yes, i happened to believe he is a sincere Muslim who puts trust on religious leaders while i don't. that's the difference between us. i won't call anyone my authority if i was invited to destroy, kill and hate. i follow my reliigous leader, my Imam, my teacher who says hatred is always from Satan and noone should oppress one another. it is proven by verses of Qur'an but oppressing is only proven by hadiths that contradict Qur'an. yes, there is a problem but it is not yours, Autodidact

.lava

Veteran Member
Hey, I'm not the one blowing up babies and shoppers.

I'm not saying you need to agree with him, I'm just pointing out the obvious fact that you have no more authority to say who is a True Muslim than he does; probably less, as a practical matter. Apparently millions of so-called Muslims endorse his views. It appears that your views may be in the minority of so-called Muslims. I guess they would say you're a so-called Muslim. What a mess.

i am not the one blowing up people either. this is not about judging persons. this is about actions and yes, i can judge actions and it is clear suicide is forbidden, killing civilians are also. if someone enters your nation, kill your people...etc then of course, there must be Jihad which means self defense. matter of fact i would not respect even an American man in case he refuses to protect his own people. but fighting in another nation is not self defense. self defense is always done in your own land, naturally

.lava

Veteran Member
I love you too. :hug:

then hold onto it. that's the only valuable thing one can have, love. that's the only thing that let people hear their conscience. how could one go and blow up people if he loved people? it is impossible. hate blinds any human with or without religion and many people are blinded by fear and hatred now, on both sides

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
yes, i happened to believe he is a sincere Muslim who puts trust on religious leaders while i don't. that's the difference between us. i won't call anyone my authority if i was invited to destroy, kill and hate. i follow my reliigous leader, my Imam, my teacher who says hatred is always from Satan and noone should oppress one another. it is proven by verses of Qur'an but oppressing is only proven by hadiths that contradict Qur'an. yes, there is a problem but it is not yours, Autodidact

Unfortunately, the problem affects me, and that is what the thread is about. Should non-Muslims be afraid of so-called Islam. Apparently I have good cause to be afraid of it, since it authorizes killing me. Which, it should go without saying, is evil.

.lava

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, the problem affects me, and that is what the thread is about. Should non-Muslims be afraid of so-called Islam. Apparently I have good cause to be afraid of it, since it authorizes killing me. Which, it should go without saying, is evil.

no it does not affect you. you are just so scared by being emphatic and i get that. i know that it is scary. i don't think you are in danger though