• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should we fear Islam?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
are you?

i acept that ignorance is everywhere, in muslims and non-muslims.

So in your world is everyone equally ignorant?

O.K., well if everyone is ignorant, then ignorance cannot be the explanation for why so-called Muslims do so many horrific things that non-Muslims do not? Just to choose an example, why do you suppose so-called Muslims practice suicide bombing so much more than non-Muslims?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
so you are saying muslims defending themselves are the same as "muslims" killing innocent people?

well obviously.

explain what you are reffering to as 'problems'

Please tell me you don't want me to list them again. Every time I do, you seem to take offense.

Let's try just one: suicide bombing.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
are you?

i acept that ignorance is everywhere, in muslims and non-muslims.
See, I think the real reason you get so upset with Autodidact is that she generally does not divert, and on the occasions she does divert, she gets right back on topic.

Right here is a prime example of you trying real hard to get the attention away from Islam and onto non-Muslims.

But see, the few Muslims that have showed up in this thread have actually done much more to help Autodidact than they did at refuting her.

And he really truly sad part is that not only can you not see that fact, you completely deny it as even being remotely possible.

So we can see that, yet again, you are ignoring the problems Islam faces.

I have to tell you, I am so glad that I do not rely upon RF to learn about Islam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So in your world is everyone equally ignorant?

O.K., well if everyone is ignorant, then ignorance cannot be the explanation for why so-called Muslims do so many horrific things that non-Muslims do not? Just to choose an example, why do you suppose so-called Muslims practice suicide bombing so much more than non-Muslims?

in that case why do you sopose the non-muslims stuff their nose everywhere it doesn't belong much more than the muslims?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
in that case why do you sopose the non-muslims stuff their nose everywhere it doesn't belong much more than the muslims?

What are you referring to? Don't you think non-Muslims are entitled to determine whether they need to fear so-called Islam? For example, shouldn't potential victims of suicide bombers be concerned about who might bomb them? Or, to use another example, as a lesbian, am I not entitled to be concerned about people who seek to punish, or even execute me?

Last edited:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
so you are saying muslims defending themselves are the same as "muslims" killing innocent people?
Bull ****.
I mean this is just plain simple out right bull ****.
I mean really now.
You honestly think that I am going to fall for the "they were defending themselves" excuse for suicide bombers?
Are you honestly stupid enough to fall for that line of bull **** yourself?

well obviously.
No idea why you think your opinion should carry so much weight with the world.

explain what you are reffering to as 'problems'
Please be so kind as to look at and actually read and actually try to understand almost any one of Autodidact's posts.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
See, I think the real reason you get so upset with Autodidact is that she generally does not divert, and on the occasions she does divert, she gets right back on topic.

Right here is a prime example of you trying real hard to get the attention away from Islam and onto non-Muslims.

But see, the few Muslims that have showed up in this thread have actually done much more to help Autodidact than they did at refuting her.

And he really truly sad part is that not only can you see that fact, you completely deny it as even being remotely possible.

So we can see that, yet again, you are ignoring the problems Islam faces.

I have to tell you, I am so glad that I do not rely upon RF to learn about Islam.

baloney. i keep telling her the clear islamic teachings and she calls non-islamic practices islamic again and again. i can't be bothered to play the mery go round in RF.

whether those people are/do call themself muslim and do unislamic things that is different. it has nothing to do with islam which is what the thread is all about. if you or her want to understand why afghans stone the rape victim then ask afghans about it, i do not know. all i know is that killing the rape victim is not islamic as i have explained many times before not only this misconception but many others too that are still called islamic over and over again.

if you guys want to go lower than that by all means go for it. but don't expect me to ride along your drivel train.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
baloney. i keep telling her the clear islamic teachings and she calls non-islamic practices islamic again and again. i can't be bothered to play the mery go round in RF.

whether those people are/do call themself muslim and do unislamic things that is different. it has nothing to do with islam which is what the thread is all about. if you or her want to understand why afghans stone the rape victim then ask afghans about it, i do not know. all i know is that killing the rape victim is not islamic as i have explained many times before not only this misconception but many others too that are still called islamic over and over again.

if you guys want to go lower than that by all means go for it. but don't expect me to ride along your drivel train.
So basically you are merely saying that if dislike the actions of a Muslim, they are no longer a Muslim?
I am trying to figure out why you have such a hard problem understanding your No True Scotsman.

I cannot tell if you are fully aware of it and trying desperately to hide it or if you are honestly that ignorant of it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Bull ****.
I mean this is just plain simple out right bull ****.
I mean really now.
You honestly think that I am going to fall for the "they were defending themselves" excuse for suicide bombers?
Are you honestly stupid enough to fall for that line of bull **** yourself?

subhan allah. ok answer this question for me:

your govenrment invades a country who does not have the same weapons as your does. so now just because the invaded country doesn't have f16's are you saying they are not allowed to kill your soldiers by other weapons like using bombs for example?

and do you consider that to be the same as blowing up market places full of people?

No idea why you think your opinion should carry so much weight with the world.

mine doesn't. that of the scholars of islam does.

Please be so kind as to look at and actually read and actually try to understand almost any one of Autodidact's posts.

whats the point, she calls non-islamic practices islamic even after i have given her the correct islamic teachings.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I fear Islam, because "eselam" sounds like "Islam" and he STILL won't admit that I'm right in our one-on-one debate thread.

:D

what? :eek:

i'm almost ready Mr Spinkles, i should have it ready either this week or on monday or tuesday next week. i don't want to respond without having all the information i want. i have most, i just need a few more, for example where did you get the information on the bighorn sheep, i've been looking 2 days to find it?

Why would it take so long to type, "I was wrong"? ;)
Okay eselam here are the sources on domestic rams and bighorn sheep. The format is: Author(s), title, name of journal, volume:issue, year published.

Perkins and Roselli. The ram as a model for behavioral neuroendocrinology. Hormones and Behavior, 52 (2007)

Bailey and Zuk. Same-sex sexual behavior and evolution. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 24:8; (2009)

Also the book by B. Bagemihl, Biological Exuberance, St. Martin's Press (1999)

If you have an internet connection to a library or university network with access to scientific journals, you can find these articles here:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...d=963248&md5=48aaabdcda6ea65ae73c1adcbbc94ba7

http://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...48&md5=0af8d72e4390c2cd9abb53c2ef274485#bib16

Last edited:

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So basically you are merely saying that if dislike the actions of a Muslim, they are no longer a Muslim?

islamically speaking, thats how it is according to islamic law. the word 'muslim' reffers to 'one who has submitted to Allahs will'. so Allahs will is not to kill the rape victim, not to blow up innocent people etc etc, thus islamically speaking anyone who dissobeys Allah after accepting his will is a non-muslim at the time when he is commiting a crime that is not permited in islam. but that is not what i want non-muslims like yourself to accept. all i'm saying is that the acts performed by some muslims are non-islamic. muslims like all people have free will, we like all people do dissobey Allah and do un-islamic things. but don't hold islam responsible for those actions.

I am trying to figure out why you have such a hard problem understanding your No True Scotsman.

let me know when i become a true scotsman.

I cannot tell if you are fully aware of it and trying desperately to hide it or if you are honestly that ignorant of it.

if you are speaking about muslims doing bad things, yes i accept that, obviously. every muslim does bad things. some are doing bad things to others and some are doing it to themself.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Why would it take so long to type, "I was wrong"? ;)
Okay eselam here are the sources on domestic rams and bighorn sheep. The format is: Author(s), title, name of journal, volume:issue, year published.

Perkins and Roselli. The ram as a model for behavioral neuroendocrinology. Hormones and Behavior, 52 (2007)

Bailey and Zuk. Same-sex sexual behavior and evolution. Trends in Ecology & Evolution, 24:8; (2009)

Also the book by B. Bagemihl, Biological Exuberance, St. Martin's Press (1999)

Mr Spinkles don't jump to conclusions, it can be very dangerous, very un-expected.

don't you have link? pasted that info on google but i get all sorts of links and none have the information you have quoted.