• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The 1000 year reign of Christ

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Are there any Christians here on the forums who believe Christ will physically reign a literal 1000 years on earth before it is destroyed? Can anyone here tell me where this idea comes from? Please provide scripture if applicable.
Dude couldn't even reign for 32 years much less than 1000.

james2ko

I'll have to assume not since you did not answer.
I'll assume not since you didn't answer.
I'll assume not since you didn't answer.

If you have no answer to these questions then I'll have to assume that your point concerning the Kingdom of God being "within you" as a mistranslation has no merit and I'll accept it as it is in the KJV.

I gave you plenty of answers from dictionaries, concordances, lexicons, and Scripture. You, in turn, have given us nothing but one misinterpreted verse and weak defensive rebuttals that only attempt to spread doubt about my answer and says nothing to prove your position. You simply choose to ignore the plain teaching of scripture to hold on to your beloved private interpretation. BTW Speaking of rebuttals:

I'm not sure if you realize it but you are hanging a foundational doctrine on one verse for which there are no supporting passages. With the word in question (within or Entos in the Greek) having four definitions and appearing only twice in the whole New Testament. If it's stretched any further, something is going to snap.

I'll assume so, since you did not comment. ;)

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
I gave you plenty of answers from dictionaries, concordances, lexicons, and Scripture. You, in turn, have given us nothing but one misinterpreted verse and weak defensive rebuttals that only attempt to spread doubt about my answer and says nothing to prove your position.
You are very good at giving long winded answers and not replying to specific questions about your assertations. So, just looking up a word in a dictionary does not make you an expert in translation. Neither does using a concordance. The people who actually have studied Greek and can translate are the experts. All I'm looking for right now (without going into a muti-faceted presentation which becomes complicated in trying to verify) is, "Can you translate Greek and how good are you at it?"

After you answer this we can move on to the next point. That is if you wish your position to stand up to scrutiny.

james2ko

You are very good at giving long winded answers and not replying to specific questions about your assertations. So, just looking up a word in a dictionary does not make you an expert in translation. Neither does using a concordance. The people who actually have studied Greek and can translate are the experts. All I'm looking for right now (without going into a muti-faceted presentation which becomes complicated in trying to verify) is, "Can you translate Greek and how good are you at it?"

After you answer this we can move on to the next point. That is if you wish your position to stand up to scrutiny.

Long-winded answers are necessary when rebutting short-sighted viewpoints :) I sincerely hope you are kidding in thinking that one needs to be a Greek scholar to accurately interpret scripture.

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Long-winded answers are necessary when rebutting short-sighted viewpoints :) I sincerely hope you are kidding in thinking that one needs to be a Greek scholar to accurately interpret scripture.
Once again you failed to answer the question. Are you fluent in Greek? Answer that and you canquit surmising where I'll go with it. I'll tell you.

james2ko

Once again you failed to answer the question. Are you fluent in Greek? Answer that and you canquit surmising where I'll go with it. I'll tell you.

There is no pertinence to your question therefore it does not deserve an answer. Whether I am fluent in Greek or not is irrelevant.

Once again, there is an over abundance of scripture, biblical and scholarly resources to support the position of a literal kingdom on earth. This renders the knowledge of fluent Greek a moot issue.

I am amazed at the fact you are hanging such a cornerstone doctrine on one questionable verse--thumbing your nose at the plain evidence all while ignoring a basic principle of Biblical exegesis!

gnostic

The Lost One
I am just perplex as to why some Christians would even take anything in the Book of Revelation seriously or literally, considering the whole things in Revelation were written metaphorically, and can be interpret anyway you like.

james2ko

I am just perplex as to why some Christians would even take anything in the Book of Revelation seriously or literally, considering the whole things in Revelation were written metaphorically, and can be interpret anyway you like.

Some is metaphor. Much is literal and can be confirmed by scriptures outside the book.

Etritonakin

Anything can be interpreted any way you like -but that has nothing to do with what they actually mean.

I take all of the book of Revelation seriously. It contains both symbolism and literal descriptions of events, but the "whole thing" was certainly not intended to be a mere metaphor.

Some of the symbols in Revelation are of "beast"s -and this is true of other books, also -such as Daniel. Daniel also gives an overview of world-ruling kingdoms from Nebuchadnezzar's Babylon to Christ's kingdom on earth. It records a dream king Nebuchadnezzar which was given by God. The dream disturbed the king so much that he did not tell anyone what he dreamt -and wanted to understand it so badly that he told his seers/diviners, etc. to tell him what he dreamt -so he could be sure of the interpretation. They could not do so -but Daniel was given understanding by God to explain it to him. He dreamt of a great statue made of various materials which represented a succession of world-ruling kingdoms -his kingdom being the head of gold. The last earthly kingdom was represented as feet and toes of Iron and clay -after which the statue was broken in pieces by a stone cut without hands striking it at its feet -then the stone became a mountain and filled the whole earth.

The symbols of "beast"s in Daniel further describe this succession of kingdoms in more detail -and the feet and toes of iron and clay are described in more detail in Revelation -as the beast that rises from abyss, etc. (and in other ways in other books).

The most recent among these were the Axis powers. The last is now rising out of the E.U.

Please refer to the following for a description of these kingdoms thus far in history...

http://rekindlingthereformation.com/assets/images/Bible/babylon6.jpg

Please also see my last post in the following thread -which I will be explaining in more detail later. I'll post a link when I do.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/religious-debates/106591-hell-necessary-christianity-16.html

Here is an interesting description of a modern tank/fighting vehicle by one who had never actually seen one-

Rev 9:17 And thus I saw the horses in the vision, and them that sat on them, having breastplates of fire, and of jacinth, and brimstone: and the heads of the horses were as the heads of lions; and out of their mouths issued fire and smoke and brimstone.
Rev 9:18 By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths.

Fire, jacinth and brimstone are essentially the primary colors -when they are mixed, they produce army drab.

Last edited:

Beta

I agree - just because something is not understood by man does in no way render it meaningless.
God has never done anything without reason or purpose !
All is revealed in good time to those who need to know :yes:

Etritonakin

I agree - just because something is not understood by man does in no way render it meaningless.
God has never done anything without reason or purpose !
All is revealed in good time to those who need to know :yes:

Unfortunately, men try to decide who should know what concerning bible prophecy -because accurate understanding of prophecy catches the ear of the intelligence community. Even long ago, they wanted to control it and use it to their advantage -to their hurt, and the hurt of many.... they are also angered that any might suggest that they are doing things which will cause them to fall...

....But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
Jer 20:10 For I heard the defaming of many, fear on every side. Report, say they, and we will report it......

(The U.S. and Britain are Manesseh and Ephraim in prophecy)
Amo 7:16 Now therefore hear thou the word of the LORD: Thou sayest, Prophesy not against Israel, and drop not thy word against the house of Isaac.
Amo 7:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD; Thy wife shall be an harlot in the city, and thy sons and thy daughters shall fall by the sword, and thy land shall be divided by line; and thou shalt die in a polluted land: and Israel shall surely go into captivity forth of his land.

Especially today, this control of information is working for our enemy -rather than ourselves. There is much happening that the people are not being told -for various reasons concerning national security. However, as we cannot hide anything from our present enemy, we are only hiding necessary things from ourselves... because this enemy has had his fingers in our intelligence community, underworld, industry, etc... since before WWII. There is an unofficial network of people and technologies WHICH HE WAS INSTRUMENTAL IN BUILDING AND NOW CONTROLS -AND WE ARE RELYING ON IT TO WORK AGAINST HIM! IT CAN NOT WORK. Not only does it destroy our official chain of command, but it is used by the enemy to set up our fall by making people believe they are acting in the best interest of national security. IT/THEY -IS/ARE DIRECTED AGAINST THOSE WHO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS HAPPENING, AND COULD TRULY ACT AGAINST IT!

It is described thusly....
Eze 17:6 And it grew, and became a spreading vine of low stature, whose branches turned toward him, and the roots thereof were under him...

Dan 8:23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.
Dan 8:24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.
Dan 8:25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

There is a reason they will worship the beast!
Rev 13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

Eze 28:3 Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is nosecret that they can hide from thee:

Those who prophesy rightly are doing "the DAILY" -which he will take away 1,290 days before setting up the abomination of desolation (destruction at Jerusalem -Luk 21:20-21, Mat 24:15-16)! Given the present intensity of persecution of those who prophesy rightly, this could be very soon!
Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily ... shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

The network I spoke of above is this.....
Dan 8:12 And an host was given him against the daily .... by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

The most important reason for people to hear the word of God is so that they might know what is about to happen (great tribulation -which could have been avoided if they heard and changed accordingly), understand why it is happening -and know what is required for them to be saved out of it.

God will accomplish his purpose, but those who try to get in his way will not fare well!

Last edited:

Beta

The most important reason for people to hear the word of God is so that they might know what is about to happen (great tribulation -which could have been avoided if they heard and changed accordingly), understand why it is happening -and know what is required for them to be saved out of it.
God will accomplish his purpose, but those who try to get in his way will not fare well!
People have become conditioned to bad news and false prophecies have lulled them into unbelief so I fear that many shall not fare well in what is coming. When spiritually asleep one can not hear - it has to do with a wrong attitude toward God. Mainly that is only corrected through great tribulation and hardship. Happen some will repent sooner.:thud:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
There is no pertinence to your question therefore it does not deserve an answer. Whether I am fluent in Greek or not is irrelevant.
Ok, so you are not fluent in Greek, so offering up your view of a mistranslation cannot be taken seriously in light of the verse in question still being translated two different ways. It seem that the people who are experts at translating Greek disagree.

Do you know the substance of the disagreement?

james2ko

Ok, so you are not fluent in Greek, so offering up your view of a mistranslation cannot be taken seriously in light of the verse in question still being translated two different ways. It seem that the people who are experts at translating Greek disagree.

Do you know the substance of the disagreement?

The evidence of a mistranslation is so obvious and indisputable, I don't need or want to know. I appreciate the offer. You are attempting to "strain a gnat", Sandy. And your efforts are almost becoming comical. Let's move on to the next point shall we.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
The evidence of a mistranslation is so obvious and indisputable...
Well, since modern translators disagree with you I put that part of your argument down as insubstantial.
I don't need or want to know.
Obstinant ignorance is then a trademark for you?

I appreciate the offer. You are attempting to "strain a gnat", Sandy. And your efforts are almost becoming comical.
If picking apart your argument is comical to you then I'm glad to supply a laugh.

Let's move on to the next point shall we.
Ok a previous question you failed to answer. You said that Christ was speaking as an ambassador when He referred to Himself (according to you) as the Kingdom of God. do you have any Scriptural Proof to back this up.

james2ko

Well, since modern translators disagree with you I put that part of your argument down as insubstantial. Obstinant ignorance is then a trademark for you? If picking apart your argument is comical to you then I'm glad to supply a laugh.

You ok, Sandy...Sound a little frustrated. Scripture does say the truth hurts. (Heb 4:12) ;)

Ok a previous question you failed to answer. You said that Christ was speaking as an ambassador when He referred to Himself (according to you) as the Kingdom of God. do you have any Scriptural Proof to back this up.

Christ being an ambassador was a simile used as an example. :facepalm:

Do you want to move on to the next point or not?