• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Bang Theory is dead.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Is evolution needed to change that? Yes or no. :)
Probably. There would need to be changes to the vocal tract for language to be used, at least in the way we use it. There would need to be some anatomical changes to walk upright consistently. There would need to be some changes to increase brain size and connections.

All fairly minor changes. But their environment hasn’t required those changes to survive.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
The first is a claim of inspiration by an entity whose existence has not been demonstrated.

The second is subject to testing by observation and has been found to be wrong.
It is clear to me that not all will see it. (Pun acknowledged, not intended, but cute anyway.) Some people miss big events, they just didn't see or know about them.

YoursTrue

No matter how many times it is explained. The dogma seems to keep them from learning even the basics.
Don't pat yourself on the back, maybe hard to reach, I don't know. I've read the stuff posted sometimes from scientific sources. Maybe it is; maybe it isn't; maybe it will change, maybe it won't. Again -- take care.

YoursTrue

Probably. There would need to be changes to the vocal tract for language to be used, at least in the way we use it. There would need to be some anatomical changes to walk upright consistently. There would need to be some changes to increase brain size and connections.

All fairly minor changes. But their environment hasn’t required those changes to survive.
Seems that swinging in trees can be beneficial for those that have the capacity to do it. :)

Colt

No matter how many times it is explained. The dogma seems to keep them from learning even the basics.
With scripture worship facts and science are meaningless! Believers don't arrive at belief in the Bible because it makes sense rather its first erroneously established that God wrote the Bible, therefore any doubts are a lack of faith on the part of those who question the Bible! These sincere people are shamed into fetishism!

If Noah's flood myth wasn't in the Bible and it was found on an old stone tablet in Mesopotamia, then one would naturally discount it based on the absurdity of the story! But because the Israelites used the localized flood legend to establish their blood lines back to Adam of Mesopotamian lore, it found its way into the so-called sacred scripture!

IMOP this is what you are experiencing:

"Words eventually became fetishes, more especially those which were regarded as God's words; in this way the sacred books of many religions have become fetishistic prisons incarcerating the spiritual imagination of man. Moses' very effort against fetishes became a supreme fetish; his commandment was later used to stultify art and to retard the enjoyment and adoration of the beautiful.​
In olden times the fetish word of authority was a fear-inspiring doctrine, the most terrible of all tyrants which enslave men. A doctrinal fetish will lead mortal man to betray himself into the clutches of bigotry, fanaticism, superstition, intolerance, and the most atrocious of barbarous cruelties. Modern respect for wisdom and truth is but the recent escape from the fetish-making tendency up to the higher levels of thinking and reasoning. Concerning the accumulated fetish writings which various religionists hold as sacred books, it is not only believed that what is in the book is true, but also that every truth is contained in the book. If one of these sacred books happens to speak of the earth as being flat, then, for long generations, otherwise sane men and women will refuse to accept positive evidence that the planet is round.........​
........ To become fetishes, words had to be considered inspired, and the invocation of supposed divinely inspired writings led directly to the establishment of the authority of the church, while the evolution of civil forms led to the fruition of the authority of the state." UB 1955​

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Seems that swinging in trees can be beneficial for those that have the capacity to do it. :)

The forest is a rich environment that can support survival in many different ways.

Human ancestors moved into the savannas, where getting food required hunting, gathering, scavenging, etc.

Dan From Smithville

"We are both impressed and daunted." Cargn
Staff member
Premium Member
And similarly, I don't find much inspiration in the above response -- no information, just castigation in a slightly 'polite' style. Yes, there are questions -- but just as with science, the benefits of understanding and applying what is learned and to certain perople's hearts can outweigh other possibilities. Hey! Take care...still can't figure why SOME people who consistently oppose what the Bible says then claim they believe in God and/or go to "houses of worship," or claim to be part of a religion whatever...do you possibly know why?? (maybe a new thread -- :) ) Why not?
So let's see -- I don't agree with everything @SavedByTheLord says == but her questions are good and the maybe if/maybe not answers from science posts and non-believers that some (not all) offer don't necessarily have to be true, do they? No, they do not.
I don't care. You have convinced me you don't respect me or my views. Let's just leave it at that and save each other any future bother.

YoursTrue

Many don't seem to realize that 'faith' means you believe without or in spite of evidence. That makes it a poor way to truth.
A question perhaps you might wonder about (I certainly do) is why some people here say they believe in God or something like that, go to a house of religious worship perhaps, say they belong to this or that religion, and are not willing to provide evidence for their pro-God beliefs, if they have any? Or even discuss it, but constantly are posting anti-biblical ideas?

YoursTrue

You believe that as an item of faith. But you cannot prove it, thus although you believe it, you don't know it to be a fact.
Since you bring up matter of faith, what is your reason beyond imagination that you say you believe in God?

YoursTrue

I don't care. You have convinced me you don't respect me or my views. Let's just leave it at that and save each other any future bother.
Actually I'm not bothered by you. Sorry you feel you cannot or do not want to answer some questions. As to particularly why you believe in God or don't believe in God. Have a good day and I'm sure you wish me the same.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The words are inspired by God Almighty and are exactly true.
Nice claim. I could say the same about the Bible of the FSM. And you keep forgetting that you have been shown clear historical errors in the Bible. clear scientific errors in the Bible. You have been probably shown clear moral errors as well.

Your inability to understand those errors does not mean that your Bible has not been refuted. So why should any rational thinker take the Bible seriously?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are things some people just don't see.
1701894649630.png

I try to shield my equipment the best that I can and then there is this.

Tell me, why are you afraid to even discuss the basics of science?

SavedByTheLord

Nice claim. I could say the same about the Bible of the FSM. And you keep forgetting that you have been shown clear historical errors in the Bible. clear scientific errors in the Bible. You have been probably shown clear moral errors as well.

Your inability to understand those errors does not mean that your Bible has not been refuted. So why should any rational thinker take the Bible seriously?
There are no errors in the King James Bible.