• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Sadly, Trump supporters don't care that he lies. And most of what he said tonight was pure falsehood. But these sorts of debates aren't about what is said -- they're about the visuals (welcome to the electronic age; once upon a time, people could read transcripts of debate and actually know what the candidates said). Biden's age showed far more than I (and probably his party) had hoped. He is old -- and it shows. Trump looked younger and more vibrant -- which only made his lies more believable to his minions.

I don't know if there will be another debate after this, but it should be interesting to see how Biden does for his speech at the convention.

Clizby Wampuscat

Sadly, Trump supporters don't care that he lies.
Slander. I do. Do you care about Biden’s lies?
And most of what he said tonight was pure falsehood. But these sorts of debates aren't about what is said -- they're about the visuals (welcome to the electronic age; once upon a time, people could read transcripts of debate and actually know what the candidates said). Biden's age showed far more than I (and probably his party) had hoped. He is old -- and it shows. Trump looked younger and more vibrant -- which only made his lies more believable to his minions.
Biden lied at least as much.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Sadly, Trump supporters don't care that he lies. And most of what he said tonight was pure falsehood. But these sorts of debates aren't about what is said -- they're about the visuals (welcome to the electronic age; once upon a time, people could read transcripts of debate and actually know what the candidates said). Biden's age showed far more than I (and probably his party) had hoped. He is old -- and it shows. Trump looked younger and more vibrant -- which only made his lies more believable to his minions.
If the debate was to sway undecided voters then it's not a good situation. If these voters aren;t decided on the facts and reality, then they must be looking for superficial reasons. If we look at mere performance Trump won. If we look at content that requires a person be well informed with reputable sources then Biden won. But this latter category already sides with Biden. So the superficial winner might have the advanatge here. But then again, if they are superficial, why ignore a criminal conviction? The debate might not have an impact.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
He has always said he would accept it if it is fair. Why lie about that?
Because that is what he does. How long has he been in politics and you do not know that? He lied about his previous loss not being fair. That was why he kept fighting even though he lost 60 court cases and he still lied tonight about that election. If he is still lying about the last election why would you believe that he was not lying now?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did Trump say he wouldn't?
Once again, he does not have to. He has a history of lying when he loses. He even lied when he lost the Iowa primary when he first ran for President. He lies when he loses lawsuits, he lied when he lost the last election. If he loses his favorite excuse is "It was rigged". When a person puts in a conditional statement where there is no reason for a conditional statement he is already lying.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I have not seen any excuses by the Democrats. Factually Biden did better, but debates are about presentation and he did poorly in that. It is time for Kamala.

I would love to see a Harris/Trump debate.
That would be perfect.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Did Trump say he wouldn't?
Did I say that Trump said he wouldn't?
No, i did not.

I said if Trump loses he will claim it was an unfair election.
JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE HE LOST.
He is STILL claiming it was unfair despite the fact there has not been a shred of evidence produced to support his claims of it being unfair.

"Do not believe what a person says over their actions.​
For it is what a person does, and not just says, that will reveal to you the reality of their words/intent"​
~Not Me​