• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The debate is on

We Never Know

No Slack
Did I say that Trump said he wouldn't?
No, i did not.

I said if Trump loses he will claim it was an unfair election.
JUST LIKE THE LAST ONE HE LOST.
He is STILL claiming it was unfair despite the fact there has not been a shred of evidence produced to support his claims of it being unfair.

"Do not believe what a person says over their actions.​
For it is what a person does, and not just says, that will reveal to you the reality of their words/intent"​
~Not Me​
So basically are you saying once someone does something they will always do it? Or just Trump?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
So basically are you saying everyone that has ever done wrong will continue to do wrong?
That tends to be accurate for most yes.

main-qimg-8ad1544558379f93e4f7f1cb1b29180a-lq.jpeg

We Never Know

No Slack
If they don't admit it and do nothing to reconcile. Absolutely.
I think Trump actually believes in his mind it was stolen. Many believe that.
It doesn't make it true but admitting that something you believe is actually false is like trying to get a christian to say god doesn't exist.

We Never Know

No Slack
Compared to Trumps last debate where he was loud and very argumentative, IMO he stayed pretty cool headed tonight. People didn't expect that. They thought he would be that way again.
They not only expected it, they hoped he would be.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
All you said is Trump won't accept it because he didn't before. IOW he won't change.
Good thing many addicts and criminals aren't looked at in that same way.
Those addicts and convicts who have gone straight, all have admitted wrong doing and then reconciled. Most who don't can't get past the denial and blaming others stage.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Trump is just telling lie after lie. He told the lie again about Pelosi rejecting troops, he is lying about sending in the national guard to Portland.

The truth is Trump sat on his *** for 187 minutes doing nothing. That is a fact!
My understanding that makes the whole episode "premeditated" if and when it comes time to judge his responsibility, is that "before" his rally on Jan 6, Trump offered to call in the NG because he was expecting huge numbers to show up. Pelosi thought he was just being his usual braggot-self and said the NG wouldn't be needed. Now she's on tape saying he suggested getting the NG and she takes responsibility for not agreeing to it. What I haven't been able to determine is exactly when this offer was made.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Get caught up with research that isn't 14 years old.

Thanks for the info. I still disagree.

I'm not saying people can't. But that the majority of people are incapable of the inner work required to do so. Those that can are max 1 in 5 persons. So. No. Some people might change. Most can't and won't.

And those that DO change. Become more themselves than not.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
All you said is Trump won't accept it because he didn't before. IOW he won't change.
Good thing many addicts and criminals aren't looked at in that same way.
Who is locking up Trump?

Seems to me you are stretching this as thin as it will go.
And still not getting anywhere with it.

I tell you what, let us wait until after he loses in Nov and see how long it takes him to claim it was unfair?

We Never Know

No Slack
My understanding that makes the whole episode "premeditated" if and when it comes time to judge his responsibility, is that "before" his rally on Jan 6, Trump offered to call in the NG because he was expecting huge numbers to show up. Pelosi thought he was just being his usual braggot-self and said the NG wouldn't be needed. Now she's on tape saying he suggested getting the NG and she takes responsibility for not agreeing to it. What I haven't been able to determine is exactly when this offer was made.
"Now she's on tape saying he suggested getting the NG and she takes responsibility for not agreeing to it."

But but.. We've been told for years that's a lie.