• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Emerging World Religion

Sees

Dragonslayer
I believe those who are in heaven will have already chosen to agree with God and therefore in heaven their wills will be in harmony with God and all who are in heaven. The scriptures speak of being transformed, conformed to Christ, one with the Father and the Son, etc. So, while I believe there will still be individual uniqueness and creativity I think everyone will freely, eternally, and joyfully be in harmony with God's will.

Thanks, sounds very Thomas Aquinas

Princeps Eugenius

I don't believe this is the case when or if God has chosen to allow things to occur outside His will temporarily on the earth. When you read the scriptures it is obvious this is the case since many times commands or instructions are given, yet numerous examples are also included of individuals and nations disregarding such instructions. Jesus, when teaching the disciples to pray instructed them to pray to the Father, "Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven...". So I think it is clear that much occurs on this earth which is not God's will, but He is allowing this time of human freewill, a time of choice, and a time to see and realize consequences and our need for Him.
this is why the christian view of an allpowerful god is absolutely ridiculous. how could YHWH be allpowerful if he made his creatures overpower his own will?

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
this is why the christian view of an allpowerful god is absolutely ridiculous. how could YHWH be allpowerful if he made his creatures overpower his own will?
Christianity tends to want it both ways to an extent. It's very dualist, but they want their deity to be all-powerful. So the only way they can work around that, really, is that their god is all-powerful in potential but doesn't utilize this unlimited power in reality. Basically, he limits himself.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Christianity tends to want it both ways to an extent. It's very dualist, but they want their deity to be all-powerful. So the only way they can work around that, really, is that their god is all-powerful in potential but doesn't utilize this unlimited power in reality. Basically, he limits himself.

Wow, completely wrong! Jesus is God,/ JHVH, in spirit form. In human form, He is either deific, or God incarnate, so forth. You have noticed the problems in your own faulty 'view of Xianity, however; very perceptive.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Wow, completely wrong! Jesus is God,/ JHVH, in spirit form. In human form, He is either deific, or God incarnate, so forth. You have noticed the problems in your own faulty 'view of Xianity, however; very perceptive.
How do you know that, from a book called a scripture, that was written many years ago, by who we can never know ?.

Princeps Eugenius

Absolutely strange view. Had a similar debate with 2 Jehovas Witnesses the other day at the doorstep. They too could not answer me after half an hour and decided to make it quits, promising to come back later.

Also funny how they see that its a contradiction but they dont dwell on it and stick to their faith.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Absolutely strange view. Had a similar debate with 2 Jehovas Witnesses the other day at the doorstep. They too could not answer me after half an hour and decided to make it quits, promising to come back later.

Also funny how they see that its a contradiction but they dont dwell on it and stick to their faith.
I had many issues with it, myself, as a Catholic. I was always trying to work out how all of that is supposed to logically make sense. Eventually, you either rationalize it (which just creates more issues than you had in the first place) or don't think about it. Not thinking about things isn't my style, though. ;) Eventually, I am just forced to conclude that Christian doctrine is an illogical mess that's best not to even bother with. It's emotionally appealing and even philosophically appealing, but only up to a certain point. When you start questioning it too much, it falls apart.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Absolutely strange view.
Bingo. Because it's wrong.:p
Had a similar debate with 2 Jehovas Witnesses the other day at the doorstep. They too could not answer me after half an hour and decided to make it quits, promising to come back later.

Yoshua

It is not the Christianity who want their deity to be all-powerful, but their deity (God) is absolutely and truly powerful.

Thanks;)

Yoshua

Why does "a god" always have to be a supernatural, all-knowing deity that can do anything? Simple enough, a "god" can be one who exists, who feels, thinks, and has the ability to create and choose.
Hi Unification,

I assume that your word “a god” is “God” to me--for clarification. A “God” is all-knowing, and a human who claimed to be “God” is not all-knowing. Therefore, human being is limited, he cannot surpass God’s knowledge. God is spirit, as the Scripture say we worship Him in spirit and truth (John 4:24), so God can make supernatural things. Angels (a spirit being) can also do supernatural things.
The texts are about the human brain, mind, and body. A book about the human.

A "Christian," "Buddhist," anyone from any religion or non-religion is a human being with a brain, mind, and body and all of the same objective inner components.
Yes, of course. Human beings are created equal with brain, mind and body (flesh). They have the same objective in physical as eating food, washing their hands, carrying things, etc…
Your own texts say "God" is not a person or an image or idol. Why, somehow is "God" 3 persons now?
The word “person” is “individual subsistence” as real existence.

Matt. 3:16-17
16. Then Jesus, when He had been baptized, came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him.

17. And suddenly a voice (Father) came from heaven, saying, "This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.''

Thanks