• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I made the mistake of using a cheap dentist. She claimed her office was set up to charge inexpensive dentistry to people who lived in a lower-middle-class neighborhood....I grew up there. So even though I had moved I chose to use her. I started to argue with her during visits. She wasn't making sense diagnosing some problems she said I had. She wanted me to see another dentist to pull teeth as she had a bad arm and could not pull teeth....She told me the ex-rays indicated an abcess. I said they didn't....So I go to the referred dentist, he agrees with me and I have a cavity.....He didn't repair cavities...so.....a third dentist was required....
That's a load of trouble!

We have a place like that around here... the first visit is free! Then the rest...

That's how they get you in.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I've heard of Horseheads, having lived in upstate NY myself. I heard a story that, at some point during the American Revolution, a British unit was stuck there for the winter and had to eat their horses - except for the heads, which were just left in a heap. So, they decided to call the place Horseheads.
I didn't need to know that

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
It took me way way way too long to learn. Now I've got $1500 in dental insurance and regularly blow through it because I was really stupid for many too many years.
I went to the dentist fairly regularly when insured. Not so much when not.

Teeth are obnoxious. Such a small part of a person, but have the ability to cause so much misery(physically and financially).

I wouldn't have had any idea about the cavities... Ares head butted me in the mouth awhile back(I think that one was accidental), and I thought he damaged my tooth... Had it checked out. Dentist said he did not... but he probably made me aware of the cavities(I had no idea, and he said he'd have never guessed himself if not for the X-ray).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I went to the dentist fairly regularly when insured. Not so much when not.

Teeth are obnoxious. Such a small part of a person, but have the ability to cause so much misery(physically and financially).

I wouldn't have had any idea about the cavities... Ares head butted me in the mouth awhile back(I think that one was accidental), and I thought he damaged my tooth... Had it checked out. Dentist said he did not... but he probably made me aware of the cavities(I had no idea, and he said he'd have never guessed himself if not for the X-ray).
Cavities are insidious. I lost a tooth because a dentist (since fired) did not see a largish cavity on an x-ray until it was too late.

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
no it is just an engineer thing...they are CERTAIN they are right and all the do is mess stuff up... just ask @Revoltingest
During the several construction events that took place during my time at a previous job, I used to make a joke about some of the groups of construction workers that we would observe. There would be 4 or 5 in a group walking around, looking around and talking. Over the course of a few minutes a person or two would break off from the group and start doing things. I would ask "How do you know which one is the engineer?"

He's the one with the clipboard not doing anything.

I have a lot of friends that are engineers. Work with several now. Thought about it myself once. Still fun to light a fire under them.