• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Cavities are insidious. I lost a tooth because a dentist (since fired) did not see a largish cavity on an x-ray until it was too late.
I think I'm working on one now. But the only time I've lost a tooth was from the first set.

Daemon Sophic

My mom was an engineer (until she retired) (PhD, university researcher type).
One joke that she told me went as follows…..

One day, an engineer dies, and goes to hell.
A few months later, God is traveling down in hell just to have a look-see and a laugh. But instead of cliffs, fire, and suffering souls, he sees escalators and air-conditioning and geothermal pumps powering it all, with souls driving around in little electric golf carts.
So God says to the devil, “ How did you build all of this? This is supposed to be for evil people to suffer.”
And the devil responds, “Yeah, well we got us an engineer.”
God says, “Impossible! Engineers, don’t go to hell! All engineers go to heaven!” “Hand him over to me, right now.”
To which Satan says, “No way! We like him here.”
Flustered, God says, “You give him to me right now, or…. or….. I’ll sue you!”
Relaxing back in his throne, the devil scoffs, “Oh yeah? And where are YOU gonna find a lawyer?”

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
My mom was an engineer (until she retired) (PhD, university researcher type).
One joke that she told me went as follows…..

One day, an engineer dies, and goes to hell.
A few months later, God is traveling down in hell just to have a look-see and a laugh. But instead of cliffs, fire, and suffering souls, he sees escalators and air-conditioning and geothermal pumps powering it all, with souls driving around in little electric golf carts.
So God says to the devil, “ How did you build all of this? This is supposed to be for evil people to suffer.”
And the devil responds, “Yeah, well we got us an engineer.”
God says, “Impossible! Engineers, don’t go to hell! All engineers go to heaven!” “Hand him over to me, right now.”
To which Satan says, “No way! We like him here.”
Flustered, God says, “You give him to me right now, or…. or….. I’ll sue you!”
Relaxing back in his throne, the devil scoffs, “Oh yeah? And where are YOU gonna find a lawyer?”

A man says, “I won’t say anything without my lawyer present.”
The judge says, “But sir, you are the lawyer!"
“Exactly, where’s my present?” says the lawyer, looking around.

Daemon Sophic

A man says, “I won’t say anything without my lawyer present.”
The judge says, “But sir, you are the lawyer!"
“Exactly, where’s my present?” says the lawyer, looking around.
giphy.gif

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
During the several construction events that took place during my time at a previous job, I used to make a joke about some of the groups of construction workers that we would observe. There would be 4 or 5 in a group walking around, looking around and talking. Over the course of a few minutes a person or two would break off from the group and start doing things. I would ask "How do you know which one is the engineer?"

He's the one with the clipboard not doing anything.

I have a lot of friends that are engineers. Work with several now. Thought about it myself once. Still fun to light a fire under them.
My oldest will graduate with a PhD in Mechanical Engineering and Fluid Dynamics later this year......