• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky
Staff member
Premium Member
Its funny to look back on, but the level of disrespect was... inexcusable.
Even if I didn't want to do it and wanted someone else to, I did it. Didn't want the child suffering from a filthy diaper.

I think the thing that really took some courage was changing little girls. I was really embarrassed early on with my first child, my oldest daughter. I don't know why, but I just felt weird until practice and reminding myself that my daughter needed me brought me out of it.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
@JustGeorge is in continuous stress attack with no help. I wish we could help, George
Got any inappropriate jokes?
Even if I didn't want to do it and wanted someone else to, I did it. Didn't want the child suffering from a filthy diaper.

I think the thing that really took some courage was changing little girls. I was really embarrassed early on with my first child, my oldest daughter. I don't know why, but I just felt weird until practice and reminding myself that my daughter needed me brought me out of it.
My grandpa let my mom not only sit in her dirty diaper(and then poopy water; he didn't bother remove the diaper), he left her in the tub while he went and read a book.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
spampicardriker.jpg

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Has Ares improved in any way as he aged?
Ares made a HUGE improvement when he was sent home from school during the pandemic. He was not expected to be verbal, and then he started talking in a month. By the second year of homeschool, he had dropped a fair number of supports on his IEP. He was performing at or above grade level(except on writing; that was his bad subject).

And then last spring we caught him crying about fallen mulberries.

He's rapidly regressed. This kid, before this mania crap kicked in, cared for me and Yudhi when the family had Covid(made us simple meals, brought us water, etc). He rode to Georgia in a tiny car in the back seat with no behavior issues.

Now I don't trust him in the bathroom alone, and I can hardly get him across town without him being a safety hazard. His school work is shot. He won't work for me, or the school(when he was in school, he was climbing tables and throwing cupboards over, causing them to remove the kids from the room).

Something is wrong... its not "just the challenges of autism". Autism does not cause a person to have random ecstatic fits where they are laughing and screaming, and attacking people for no reason. This is another mental condition entirely.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Is He still homeschooling?
Yup. As little as I can get him to do.

I tried to put him back in school when the regressions hit, but they'd call me back as soon as I'd drop him off most days because he was tearing up the classroom. He won't do anything for them, either.

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
Yup. As little as I can get him to do.

I tried to put him back in school when the regressions hit, but they'd call me back as soon as I'd drop him off most days because he was tearing up the classroom. He won't do anything for them, either.
Are there older or bigger kids in his classes?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
This is another mental condition entirely
I could stand it no longer and asked chatgpt: A friend has a 10 year old boy who has had severe behavior regression including physical attacks, bizarre out of control episodes and so forth. Can there be a physical cause for this? If so, what are the possible diagnoses and what other symptoms should the friend tell her doctor about?

The answer was quite extensive. I'm not saying it's any of these, but if any of the associated symptoms ring a bell, I would start going down that road if I were you. Some don't match what you've written about Ares problems and some you've mentioned but for what it's worth here's the full answer:

Behavioral regression in a 10-year-old child, especially involving severe physical attacks and bizarre episodes, can indeed have various physical causes. It's essential for your friend to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause. Here are some possible diagnoses and symptoms to consider:

1. Neurological Disorders

• Epilepsy:Seizures can sometimes manifest as behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Uncontrollable jerking movements, staring spells, temporary confusion.
  • Brain Tumors or Lesions:Abnormal growths can affect behavior and cognition.
    • Symptoms: Headaches, vision problems, nausea, balance issues.
  • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI):Past injuries may lead to behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Headaches, dizziness, sensitivity to light/noise, concentration problems.

2. Mental Health Conditions

• Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD):Regression can sometimes be seen in autism.
    • Symptoms: Social withdrawal, repetitive behaviors, communication difficulties.
  • Bipolar Disorder:Manic episodes can cause extreme behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Hyperactivity, grandiose ideas, irritability, depressive episodes.

3. Metabolic and Genetic Disorders

• Phenylketonuria (PKU):A metabolic disorder that can affect behavior if untreated.
    • Symptoms: Musty odor, eczema, developmental delays.
  • Mitochondrial Disorders:Affect energy production in cells, potentially impacting behavior.
    • Symptoms: Muscle weakness, fatigue, developmental delays.

4. Infections

• Encephalitis:Inflammation of the brain can cause sudden behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Fever, headache, confusion, seizures.
  • Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS):Sudden onset of OCD or tic disorders following strep infection.
    • Symptoms: OCD, tics, mood swings, urinary frequency.

5. Toxins and Environmental Factors

• Lead Poisoning:Can result in severe behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Abdominal pain, developmental delays, learning difficulties.
  • Exposure to Other Environmental Toxins:Various chemicals can affect behavior.
    • Symptoms: Depending on the toxin, symptoms can vary widely.

6. Endocrine Disorders

• Thyroid Disorders:Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect behavior.
    • Symptoms: Weight changes, fatigue, mood swings.

7. Nutritional Deficiencies

• Vitamin Deficiencies:Deficiencies in vitamins like B12 can impact neurological function.
    • Symptoms: Fatigue, weakness, mood changes.

Information to Provide to the Doctor:

• Detailed description of the behavioral changes and regression.
  • Onset and progression timeline of the symptoms.
  • Any changes in the child's environment, diet, or routine.
  • History of head injuries or trauma.
  • Any recent infections or illnesses.
  • Family history of neurological or psychiatric disorders.
  • Any other physical symptoms (e.g., headaches, vision changes, fatigue).
Prompt evaluation by a pediatrician, neurologist, or psychiatrist is crucial to determine the cause and initiate appropriate treatment.

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
I could stand it no longer and asked chatgpt: A friend has a 10 year old boy who has had severe behavior regression including physical attacks, bizarre out of control episodes and so forth. Can there be a physical cause for this? If so, what are the possible diagnoses and what other symptoms should the friend tell her doctor about?

The answer was quite extensive. I'm not saying it's any of these, but if any of the associated symptoms ring a bell, I would start going down that road if I were you. Some don't match what you've written about Ares problems and some you've mentioned but for what it's worth here's the full answer:

Behavioral regression in a 10-year-old child, especially involving severe physical attacks and bizarre episodes, can indeed have various physical causes. It's essential for your friend to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the underlying cause. Here are some possible diagnoses and symptoms to consider:

1. Neurological Disorders

• Epilepsy:Seizures can sometimes manifest as behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Uncontrollable jerking movements, staring spells, temporary confusion.
  • Brain Tumors or Lesions:Abnormal growths can affect behavior and cognition.
    • Symptoms: Headaches, vision problems, nausea, balance issues.
  • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI):Past injuries may lead to behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Headaches, dizziness, sensitivity to light/noise, concentration problems.

2. Mental Health Conditions

• Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD):Regression can sometimes be seen in autism.
    • Symptoms: Social withdrawal, repetitive behaviors, communication difficulties.
  • Bipolar Disorder:Manic episodes can cause extreme behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Hyperactivity, grandiose ideas, irritability, depressive episodes.

3. Metabolic and Genetic Disorders

• Phenylketonuria (PKU):A metabolic disorder that can affect behavior if untreated.
    • Symptoms: Musty odor, eczema, developmental delays.
  • Mitochondrial Disorders:Affect energy production in cells, potentially impacting behavior.
    • Symptoms: Muscle weakness, fatigue, developmental delays.

4. Infections

• Encephalitis:Inflammation of the brain can cause sudden behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Fever, headache, confusion, seizures.
  • Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections (PANDAS):Sudden onset of OCD or tic disorders following strep infection.
    • Symptoms: OCD, tics, mood swings, urinary frequency.

5. Toxins and Environmental Factors

• Lead Poisoning:Can result in severe behavioral changes.
    • Symptoms: Abdominal pain, developmental delays, learning difficulties.
  • Exposure to Other Environmental Toxins:Various chemicals can affect behavior.
    • Symptoms: Depending on the toxin, symptoms can vary widely.

6. Endocrine Disorders

• Thyroid Disorders:Both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can affect behavior.
    • Symptoms: Weight changes, fatigue, mood swings.

7. Nutritional Deficiencies

• Vitamin Deficiencies:Deficiencies in vitamins like B12 can impact neurological function.
    • Symptoms: Fatigue, weakness, mood changes.

Information to Provide to the Doctor:

• Detailed description of the behavioral changes and regression.
  • Onset and progression timeline of the symptoms.
  • Any changes in the child's environment, diet, or routine.
  • History of head injuries or trauma.
  • Any recent infections or illnesses.
  • Family history of neurological or psychiatric disorders.
  • Any other physical symptoms (e.g., headaches, vision changes, fatigue).
Prompt evaluation by a pediatrician, neurologist, or psychiatrist is crucial to determine the cause and initiate appropriate treatment.
Bipolar has been dropped, but you're not allowed to say children have bipolar. That's not popular.

They did refer him to a neurologist. I was pleased with that.
Do you believe you know how Ares is treated by classmates or teachers?
Yes. His teacher would push him past what was wise. Some days it worked, but other days it went over into safety hazard. He did like her, but they pushed each other's buttons.

She also would not mark his work as successful if he didn't behave. That was part of the reason he was not learning initially(and started learning when he was removed from the school environment).

He is indifferent to other kids, mostly. He likes to talk about adult things, like music(Queen, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden), and he likes gossip. He wants to hear about a person's marriage drama, not video games. He is never bullied, but he can be a bully. He's lanky, but tall and strong for his age.
Ouch! I have my opinions on that and they not flattering.
Same. I never heard much good of him(died before I was born.)