• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracles of Hamas

A

angellous_evangellous

And what would be an alternative, non-brutal, yet still effective tactic that Israel could have employed? And please, look at this through Israeli Prime-minister eyes whose first priority is to protect Israeli citizens (both civilians, and soldiers).

So here's the situation.
You are prime-minister of Israel.
Hamas is shooting rockets at your civilians, and the Gazans who elected Hamas are supporting their leaders more and more, as poles show. You have a system that intercepts, on the best of days, around 85% of these rockets. In one month, over 2500 rockets have been shot at your civilians. As for the rest of these rockets that do not get intercepted, your civilians are highly trained and know how to protect themselves by going into shelters. Still, a few might die here and there.
What do you do?

I've already said what I would do, but that's completely irrelevant.

For one thing, I don't need to suggest a happier alternative in order to point out that Israel's response is unnecessarily aggressive and it targets innocents. It might not even be effective, and if so, it's simply sadistic.

If I were to apply such a brutal, heartless, and inhuman tactic, I would not go around pretending that it was righteous. I would, however, exploit lemmings to do that for me.

A

angellous_evangellous

Then they probably shouldn't be housing the terrorist member that is targeting Israeli civilians for muder.

Yes. Children are housing terrorists.

It's this kind of backwards thinking that is going to perpetuate the violence rather than stop it.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
This is ironic, and ignorant.
Jews are racist towards Jews? What's your point? Arabs are and have been killing Arabs all over the middle east for years.

What are you trying to prove? There have been Arabs who killed themselves, only in order to terrorize Jews. Stop being hypocritical. Stop being everything your telling CMike he is.

more of same old tired drivel. You could find just about anything on Google. Three videos of propaganda will do nothing to help your cause. In fact, it only makes people feel towards you, the way you feel towards CMike.
You want to get in an intelligent debate? Stop justifying Hamas' actions.

I comment for the video , i am not said or mean ALL jews .

you need to comment on the videos NOT on me .

"The real miracle would be when YOU criticize Arabs."

ps:I only use the word Arabs because you used the word Jews.

it's not miracle :

maybe you ignored me or forgot my posts ?
that i criticize Arabs (king of oil), and ISIS and even Hamas for targeting Israel by rockets , and critic even the leaders of Hamas ?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

For one thing, I don't need to suggest a happier alternative in order to point out that Israel's response is unnecessarily aggressive and it targets innocents. It might not even be effective, and if so, it's simply sadistic.

If I were to apply such a brutal, heartless, and inhuman tactic, I would not go around pretending that it was righteous. I would, however, exploit lemmings to do that for me.

Out of curiosity, do you oppose the targeting of ISIL last night whereas some of the targets were in or near cities and towns?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, do you oppose the targeting of ISIL last night whereas some of the targets were in or near cities and towns?
EDITED :
I am against targeting random ,in civilains area ,which contian civilians .

most of the targets vast war areas in Syria or Iraq are empty of civilians , that's why i am with USA targeting ISIL and ISIS in Syria and Iraq .

Last edited:

dantech

I assume you have proof of this? You wouldn't be foolish enough to say such things without proof, right?

dantech

I comment for the video , i am not said or mean ALL jews .

you need to comment on the videos NOT on me .

it's not miracle :

maybe you ignored me or forgot my posts ?
that i criticize Arabs (king of oil), and ISIS and even Hamas for targeting Israel by rockets , and critic even the leaders of Hamas ?

I recall you using the word "justify" when speaking about how you justify Hamas' actions. Have you changed your mind?

A

angellous_evangellous

I assume you have proof of this? You wouldn't be foolish enough to say such things without proof, right?

I'm responsible enough to know that I have no burden of proof when someone drops into a conversation from Mars bereft of a meaningful vocabulary needed to participate in the discussion.:eek:

So make your comments. They have little meaning without a basic grasp of the context of the thread.

dantech

I'm responsible enough to know that I have no burden of proof when someone drops into a conversation from Mars bereft of a meaningful vocabulary needed to participate in the discussion.:eek:
actually, regardless of my vocabulary, making an accusation about a country targeting civilians does put the burden of proof on your shoulders. Also, insulting my vocabulary says a lot about who you are. I speak, read and write three languages, and English is the one I'm worse at. So yes, my vocabulary could probably use some help. However you didn't seem to mind language skills(or lack thereof) when the person discussing was agreeing with you.

So make your comments. They have little meaning without a basic grasp of the context of the thread.
I think I have a more than basic grasp of the context of the thread. Maybe you just don't understand that propaganda =/= proof.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I recall you using the word "justify" when speaking about how you justify Hamas' actions. Have you changed your mind?

first , what actions you meant ?

if you meant,their defend , and demande for remove seige , i am with them .

if you meant they lauching the unusefull/random rockets , to give a reason the Israeli army to slayed them , i am against that action.

Jeremy Taylor

This is nonsense. What you are saying is Israel cannot robustly defend itself. Israel, in general, does what it can to avoid civilian causalities. But given the situation in Gaza and the tactics of Hamas, civilian casualties of the scale we saw are likely with any robust defence. What you are saying is Israel should not defend itself robustly and just let hundreds of rockets rain down on it. No country with any self-worth would do this.

This is a completely distorted way of thinking. I'm not surprised that those who support Israel properly do wonder what causes such warped thinking amongst their opponents.

Last edited:

CMike

Also it teaches the terrorists that all they have to do is hide among civilians and they can attack with impunity and with no concern about being stopped.

A

angellous_evangellous

This is nonsense. What you are saying is Israel cannot robustly defend itself. Israel, in general, does what it can to avoid civilian causalities. But given the situation in Gaza and the tactics of Hamas, civilian casualties of the scale we saw are likely with any robust defence. What you are saying is Israel should not defend itself robustly and just let hundreds of rockets rain down on it. No country with any self-worth would do this.

This is a completely distorted way of thinking. I'm not surprised that those who support Israel properly do wonder what causes such warped thinking amongst their opponents.

I cannot be responsible for your misunderstandings and otherwise illogical applications of the content of my posts.

My thinking is orientated towards a humane solution, with the entire history of the conflict in focus. Given that, it's willfully and harmfully ignorant to assume that Israel is defending itself, and that all or even most of the civilian casualties and non-deadly brutalities are actually defensive. That's more than a little bit naive and completely dismissive of the entire history of the conflict.

I think that it says something very negative about Israel that it so brutally keeps its foot on the neck of an enemy for so long without an effective agenda for peace. The lack of peace also speaks to the enemy's character, which is made more desperate daily.

An immediate disarming of Israel and Hamas would be a wonderful start, along with the lifting of all embargos. But the hatred is so think and it is perpetuated by excellent representatives here.