• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Miracles of Hamas

Jeremy Taylor

I cannot be responsible for your misunderstandings and otherwise illogical applications of the content of my posts.

My thinking is orientated towards a humane solution, with the entire history of the conflict in focus. Given that, it's willfully and harmfully ignorant to assume that Israel is defending itself, and that all or even most of the civilian casualties and non-deadly brutalities are actually defensive. That's more than a little bit naive and completely dismissive of the entire history of the conflict.

I think that it says something very negative about Israel that it so brutally keeps its foot on the neck of an enemy for so long without an effective agenda for peace. The lack of peace also speaks to the enemy's character, which is made more desperate daily.

An immediate disarming of Israel and Hamas would be a wonderful start, along with the lifting of all embargos. But the hatred is so think and it is perpetuated by excellent representatives here.

Ah, as I thought. You add the usual anti-Israel misrepresentations and exaggerations to the mix. These are yet more examples of those strange and distorted views and priorities you see from Western anti-Israelis.

Israel has offered the Palestinians peace again and again. It is the Palestinians who refuse peace.

Hamas is a terrorist group which threatens Israel. Its embargos and blockades are completely justified. If Hamas would recognise Israel and not use terrorist tactics, then there would be no embargo. If the Palestinians sought peace, there would be peace.

Hamas was the aggressor in this conflict and so, yes, Israel was defending itself and should be able to do so robustly.

Disarming of a sovereign state and placing it on par with a vicious terrorist organisation? What a wonderful idea.

A

angellous_evangellous

Ah, as I thought. You add the usual anti-Israel misrepresentations and exaggerations to the mix. These are yet more examples of those strange and distorted views and priorities you see from Western anti-Israelis.

Israel has offered the Palestinians peace again and again. It is the Palestinians who refuse peace.

Hamas is a terrorist group which threatens Israel. Its embargos and blockades are completely justified. If Hamas would recognise Israel and not use terrorist tactics, then there would be no embargo. If the Palestinians sought peace, there would be peace.

Hamas was the aggressor in this conflict and so, yes, Israel was defending itself and should be able to do so robustly.

Disarming of a sovereign state and placing it on par with a vicious terrorist organisation? What a wonderful idea.

Well, like I said, what I would do is completely irrelevant.

I did say that Israel has made no meaningful attempt at peace -- and that is obvious from its failure to commit to a lasting peace process. It is irrelevant if / when Israel "offers peace" on terms that only favor Israel.

I certainly don't consider myself anti-Israel. I am disgusted by Israel's propensity to take whatever it wants, treat the Palestinians however it wants, and pretend that it is somehow more righteous than the Arab world, and Hamas in particular. Israel is every bit as brutal, inhumane, and bloodthirsty as Hamas -- they only do it in the name of their own nationalistic bloodlust. Oh, and Israel's retaliations against the Palestinians would be a lot worse if the whole world wasn't watching.

I submit that if Israel were as righteous as CMike and yourself and others think that she is, Israel would lay down their arms voluntarily and adopt a pacifist tactic like Ghandi did. The only obvious problem - aside from Israeli hatred - is that Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed.

Now Hamas is completely evil, so we cannot expect them to voluntarily lay down their arms - what insignificant arms they have (in comparison to Israel) - but can we expect a great pacifist to arise and compel Israel to stop oppressing the Palestinians? Attempts have been made, but Israelis and Palestinians are too busy ripping each other to shreds and feasting on their own children to listen.

Someday, perhaps the cycle of violence will end and people will stop hating each other for a history of violence that began before most of us were born. I don't think that there will be peace until Israel is truly able to lead on a moral level, and so far they are only fooling themselves and their sociopathic followers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy Taylor

So, your solution is for Israel to lay down its arms before terrorists? Good idea.

Anyway, the point about the peace process you make it nonsense. Israel has repeatedly offered the Palestinians almost all they asked for. Olmert, in 2008, offered them 98%, if memory serves, of the land they want. It is the Palestinians who do not seriously want peace, as it is usually they who are the aggressors.

Israel does not oppress the Palestinians. Your views are very distorted, like many Westerners who attack Israel.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
So, your solution is for Israel to lay down its arms before terrorists? Good idea.

Anyway, the point about the peace process you make it nonsense. Israel has repeatedly offered the Palestinians almost all they asked for. Olmert, in 2008, offered them 98%, if memory serves, of the land they want. It is the Palestinians who do not seriously want peace, as it is usually they who are the aggressors.

Israel does not oppress the Palestinians. Your views are very distorted, like many Westerners who attack Israel.

It's seems you have one idea about the conflit between Israel and Paletine .

url

If Israel regime is not against the Paletinians ,so why Israel occupated WB , is the Palestinians want the suffering of check points ?

Why Israel mass killing the civilians in Gaza , by name fighting of terrorists ?

I suggest to you to watch Israel VS Isreal youtube video document about this issue , to make wide view to this matter .

Last edited:

dantech

url

If Israel regime is not against the Paletinians ,so why Israel occupated WB , is the Palestinians want the suffering of check points ?

Why Israel mass killing the civilians in Gaza , by name fighting of terrorists ?

I suggest to you to watch Israel VS Isreal youtube video document about this issue , to make wide view to this matter .

Also, don't forget Brother Nathanael. His videos are very much enlightening.
/ end sarcasm

dantech

I did say that Israel has made no meaningful attempt at peace -- and that is obvious from its failure to commit to a lasting peace process. It is irrelevant if / when Israel "offers peace" on terms that only favor Israel.
One would think that if you actually cared about all the dead Arabs in Gaza, that you would consider a cease-fire quite in favor of Arabs.

I certainly don't consider myself anti-Israel. I am disgusted by Israel's propensity to take whatever it wants, treat the Palestinians however it wants, and pretend that it is somehow more righteous than the Arab world, and Hamas in particular. Israel is every bit as brutal, inhumane, and bloodthirsty as Hamas -- they only do it in the name of their own nationalistic bloodlust. Oh, and Israel's retaliations against the Palestinians would be a lot worse if the whole world wasn't watching.
Your posts are full of speculation which have absolutely no basis and show quite well that you are indeed anti-Israel, regardless of whether you so do not consider yourself.

I submit that if Israel were as righteous as CMike and yourself and others think that she is, Israel would lay down their arms voluntarily and adopt a pacifist tactic like Ghandi did. The only obvious problem - aside from Israeli hatred - is that Israel is the oppressor, not the oppressed.
So you've obviously never heard of Iran, Hamas, ISIS, and so on, and so on... You've also never heard of the Holocaust.

Now Hamas is completely evil, so we cannot expect them to voluntarily lay down their arms - what insignificant arms they have (in comparison to Israel) - but can we expect a great pacifist to arise and compel Israel to stop oppressing the Palestinians? .
This just can't be done, while Hamas, or any other Jew-hating personnel is in power, yet Israel can't get rid of Hamas without you criticizing their tactics. And they definitely can't get rid of Hamas without weapons, as you suggested before. Finally, you keep saying that you look at this conflict since the beginning of it, yet you seem to conveniently forget the Antifada which happened only a few years ago.

Someday, perhaps the cycle of violence will end and people will stop hating each other for a history of violence that began before most of us were born. I don't think that there will be peace until Israel is truly able to lead on a moral level, and so far they are only fooling themselves and their sociopathic followers.
There you are again, putting it all on Israel's shoulders.

Flankerl

An immediate disarming of Israel and Hamas would be a wonderful start, along with the lifting of all embargos.

What about Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, Abdullah Azzam Brigades, al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, PRC, PFLP, DFLP, Al Nusra, IS, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia?

Are you seriously so naive to think that disarming Israel would mean that all these groups and countries wouldn't act on it?

CMike

Don't forget Hamas and the PA whom will gladly kill all the Jews in Israel if given the chance.

Anyone believe that they will keep any agreement to disarm?

Last edited:

CMike

I cannot be responsible for your misunderstandings and otherwise illogical applications of the content of my posts.

My thinking is orientated towards a humane solution, with the entire history of the conflict in focus. Given that, it's willfully and harmfully ignorant to assume that Israel is defending itself, and that all or even most of the civilian casualties and non-deadly brutalities are actually defensive. That's more than a little bit naive and completely dismissive of the entire history of the conflict.

I think that it says something very negative about Israel that it so brutally keeps its foot on the neck of an enemy for so long without an effective agenda for peace. The lack of peace also speaks to the enemy's character, which is made more desperate daily.

An immediate disarming of Israel and Hamas would be a wonderful start, along with the lifting of all embargos. But the hatred is so think and it is perpetuated by excellent representatives here.
He is not misunderstand and neither am I.

Israel is surrounded by enemies whom have vowed to kill all the Jews.

Disarming would mean the immediate destruction of all the people in Israel.

It's a really dumb idea.

CMike

url

If Israel regime is not against the Paletinians ,so why Israel occupated WB ,

Because Jordan lost the area when it invaded Israel.

Not because of increased technology of weapons the area is needed to Israel's survival. That said Israel has offered to the arabs living in Judea and Samaria about 98% of the land, but they refused.

is the Palestinians want the suffering of check points ?

Then they should probably stop targeting Israel civilians for terror attacks. That's why the check points were established, in order to stop terror attacks.

There is no mass killing of civilians done by Israel. Civilians are killed because their arab governments intentionally hide behind their own civilians when attacking.

CMike

Now Hamas is completely evil, so we cannot expect them to voluntarily lay down their arms - what insignificant arms they have (in comparison to Israel) - but can we expect a great pacifist to arise and compel Israel to stop oppressing the Palestinians? Attempts have been made, but Israelis and Palestinians are too busy ripping each other to shreds and feasting on their own children to listen.

How about the arabs lay down their arms and adopt a pacifist policy like Ghandi?

Once again, it always seems everything is on Israel despite it's terror neighbors.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

This is perhaps the most inane thing I have ever seen you write, angellous_evangellous. You would actually think to disarm a people surrounded by genocidal barbarians? Seriously?

Then again, that would certainly solve the problems in the Middle East quite rapidly.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

What a pathetically bigoted statement the above is. One can't help but notice that it is somehow only Israel's responsibility to "lead to a moral level", not Hamas, not those who fund terrorism that is not only anti-Israel but also anti-anyone but their own. Are you so naive that you actually "think" that if Israel disarms that the others in that area would do the same or leave Israel alone? Unbelievable.

And then you have the unmitigated gall to call some other people here "sociopathic"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
A

angellous_evangellous

This is perhaps the most inane thing I have ever seen you write, angellous_evangellous. You would actually think to disarm a people surrounded by genocidal barbarians? Seriously?

Then again, that would certainly solve the problems in the Middle East quite rapidly.

Well, there is an if in the statement.

If Israel were as righteous as her supporters here make her out to be, then Israel would have the moral fortitude to lay down her arms.

The delusion that whatever Israel does is pure and holy is just as destructive - or more so - than anything Hamas is capable of doing.

A

angellous_evangellous

How about the arabs lay down their arms and adopt a pacifist policy like Ghandi?

Once again, it always seems everything is on Israel despite it's terror neighbors.

Like I said, there have been a few attempts at pacifism on both sides, but people like you are too busy shouting for blood - and getting it - to listen.

Unfortunately it seems that Israelis and their enemies both hate their own children to much to forge a meaningful peace.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Because Jordan lost the area when it invaded Israel.

Not because of increased technology of weapons the area is needed to Israel's survival. That said Israel has offered to the arabs living in Judea and Samaria about 98% of the land, but they refused.
the arabs refused , because the Israeli don't keep their word in deal .

Israel gave WB to Palestinians , then its took it again .

Then they should probably stop targeting Israel civilians for terror attacks. That's why the check points were established, in order to stop terror attacks.
since Israel built wall and steal land from Palestinians and built colonises in WB , that lie does not help .

There is no mass killing of civilians done by Israel. Civilians are killed because their arab governments intentionally hide behind their own civilians when attacking.
I feel that i am addicted to your funny replies ,

there is no money robbed by the thiefs, the money robbed because the bank was opened , the gardian hides behind money , when the armed thiefs comes.

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member

Who is the stronger and get more arms and get control ? the Arabs or Israel ?

it's Israel of course powerfull and stronger , then why is not Israel pacifist like Ghandi ?