• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The prophet peace be upon him and his wives

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
where in the quran does it say slavery is wrong?
not through some ambiguous writing but to flat out say slavery is wrong....
i'm waiting...
God allowed to the people in that time to make slaves,
but in many verse of Quran ,He(god) suggest to free the slaves,as deed good or as punishement to who(muslim) made errors

5:89
[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2]Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths, but He will take you to task for the oaths which ye swear in earnest. The expiation thereof is the feeding of ten of the needy with the average of that wherewith ye feed your own folk, or the clothing of them, or the liberation of a slave, and for him who findeth not (the wherewithal to do so) then a three days' fast. This is the expiation of your oaths when ye have sworn; and keep your oaths. Thus Allah expoundeth unto you His revelations in order that ye may give thanks. (89)[/size][/size]

waitasec

Veteran Member
God allowed to the people in that time to make slaves,
but in many verse of Quran ,He(god) suggest to free the slaves,as deed good or as punishement to who(muslim) made errors

5:89
[SIZE=2.2][SIZE=2.2]Allah will not take you to task for that which is unintentional in your oaths, but He will take you to task for the oaths which ye swear in earnest. The expiation thereof is the feeding of ten of the needy with the average of that wherewith ye feed your own folk, or the clothing of them, or the liberation of a slave, and for him who findeth not (the wherewithal to do so) then a three days' fast. This is the expiation of your oaths when ye have sworn; and keep your oaths. Thus Allah expoundeth unto you His revelations in order that ye may give thanks. (89)[/size][/size]

sorry, this don't fly
"or the liberation of a slave,"

this is to vague...
notice this passage doesn't say liberation of all slaves

nice try though...:rolleyes:

waitasec

Veteran Member
I am not sure if it ever says that but it certainly alludes to it. Whereas other religions say that a slave should be a good slave, Islam actually says it is better to free them. We can infer from the Qur'an that the ultimate goal for the future is the abolition of slavery.

so, the OT had the year of jubilation...
this is an obvious problem for ya'll ain't it?
allah/god condoned slavery. period.
it's irreconcilable no matter how you look at it.
:sorry1: :shrug:

so, the OT had the year of jubilation...
this is an obvious problem for ya'll ain't it?
allah/god condoned slavery. period.
it's irreconcilable no matter how you look at it.
:sorry1: :shrug:

No. Some things are not meant for all time. Certainly slavery isn't if it can be helped.

neves

sorry, this don't fly

this is to vague...

"There are many common features between the institution of slavery in the Qur'an and that of neighboring cultures. However, the Qur'anic institution had some unique new features.[14] Bernard Lewis states that the Qur'anic legislation brought two major changes to ancient slavery which were to have far-reaching effects: presumption of freedom, and the ban on the enslavement of free persons except in strictly defined circumstances.[18]"

"The Islamic prophet Muhammad encouraged manumission of slaves, even if one had to purchase them first. On many occasions, Muhammad's companions, at his direction, freed slaves in abundance. Muhammad personally freed 63 slaves, and his wife Aisha freed 67.[32] In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves.[33] "

Islam and slavery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so slavery was meant for all time?
how convenient? :rolleyes:

That was very arrogant of me to say so I am editing it out. Sorry for that :(
Anyways yes slavery was most likely not meant for all time. It was certainly frowned upon by the Prophet (saws) and the Noble Qur'an.

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
i can do that too...:D

"There are many common features between the institution of slavery in the Qur'an and that of neighboring cultures. However, the Qur'anic institution had some unique new features.[14] Bernard Lewis states that the Qur'anic legislation brought two major changes to ancient slavery which were to have far-reaching effects: presumption of freedom, and the ban on the enslavement of free persons except in strictly defined circumstances.[18]"

"The Islamic prophet Muhammad encouraged manumission of slaves, even if one had to purchase them first. On many occasions, Muhammad's companions, at his direction, freed slaves in abundance. Muhammad personally freed 63 slaves, and his wife Aisha freed 67.[32] In total his household and friends freed 39,237 slaves.[33] "

Historically, the major juristic schools of Islam traditionally accepted the institution of slavery.[1] The Islamic prophet Muhammad and many of his companions bought, sold, freed, and captured slaves.
In Islamic law the topic of slavery is covered at great length.[1] The Qur'an (the holy book) and the hadith (the sayings of Muhammad) see slavery as an exceptional condition that can be entered into under certain limited circumstances.[2] Only children of slaves or non-Muslim prisoners of war could become slaves, never a freeborn Muslim

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
slavery was already recently done by the Christain colonization armies , in all around the world , in pakistan and india ...etc

this act is individaul but your acts were commun at the christains countries , colonize and killing and stealing
don't ignore your history and minimize their crimes against the humanity

I have no problem admiting that my country was involved in the Slave trade but it was abolished in 1833,it is interesting though that the source of the trade was Arab slave traders.

Edit: i neglected to add that slavery is still practiced in the UAE,Indonesia,Yemen and the Sudan

Last edited:

Godobeyer

Premium Member
sorry, this don't fly

this is to vague...

look brother , this verse is talking at a special case , it's talking about when some one break his oaths (swear) that promis to god ,

His
expiation is :
1- feeding of ten of the needy
2-or
clothing of them (the needy/poor persons)
3-
or the liberation of a slave
4- or three days' fast

I guess Islam is the only one who care about the slave , for that I ask you to give exmples from Bible or any other religion .

A vs All :the river come from drap of water

Godobeyer

Premium Member
I have no problem admiting that my country was involved in the Slave trade but it was abolished in 1833,it is interesting though that the source of the trade was Arab slave traders.
lol , ok the Arab was slave traders ,body bombers lol
the job changing . you are the angels of the world , this is the image that you want to present to us , you want to hide the crimes that done by the west at recenlty past by all what you can .

Edit: i neglected to add that slavery is still practiced in the UAE,Indonesia,Yemen and the Sudan
I agree in some case we discover that women/men works at some arab countries and specialy the Arabic gulf nations treat the works like the slaves , this is ,because some muslims did not respect God law.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
lol , ok the Arab was slave traders ,body bombers lol
the job changing . you are the angels of the world , this is the image that you want to present to us , you want to hide the crimes that done by the west at recenlty past by all what you can .

I agree,the West has some nasty history some of it is recent but we no longer allow Slavery or Child Marriage which is basically the same thing.

I agree in some case we discover that women/men works at some arab countries and specialy the Arabic gulf nations treat the works like the slaves , this is ,because some muslims did not respect God law.

Shame that there is nobody to tell them the error of their ways;)

waitasec

Veteran Member
look brother , this verse is talking at a special case , it's talking about when some one break his oaths (swear) that promis to god ,

His
expiation is :
1- feeding of ten of the needy
2-or
clothing of them (the needy/poor persons)
3-
or the liberation of a slave
4- or three days' fast

I guess Islam is the only one who care about the slave , for that I ask you to give exmples from Bible or any other religion .

A vs All :the river come from drap of water

listen cupcake,
that says absolutely NOTHING to me
free A slave.
i'll put it in more simple terms...

god/allah never said...
"free all slaves...NOW. because it is wrong"
now isn't that less obscure and more to the point?

trust me i've gone around this already with christians about the OT...
this is a dilemma for the believers, no matter what faith
because what was wrong then, is wrong now and god/allah condoned slavery and NEVER said that a HUMAN BEING SHOULD NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER ANOTHER HUMAN BEING...

A-ManESL

listen cupcake,
free A slave.

god/allah never said...

because what was wrong then, is wrong now and god/allah condoned slavery and NEVER said that a HUMAN BEING SHOULD NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER ANOTHER HUMAN BEING...

The red is the essential problem I think, in any such dialogue. The whole approach is different, one is focussed on the individual as the standard to measure the good or bad, one is focussed on the Unity of the Absolute as the standard.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
listen cupcake,
free A slave.

god/allah never said...

ok God said in the Quran said liberation of A slave , what is your bible said about this case ? did the bible said free all the slaves ?

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Shame that there is nobody to tell them the error of their ways;)
all the world told them and i found many videos and sites (in arabic unfortunately) , and it's all always indivilual acts , but always blame the others , and forget/ignore our errors !!!

ÝíÏíæ ÃÑÞã - ÎæÇØÑ 1 - ÇáÎÏã

and see the scandel of babysister (workers) behave with baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeL0dY6pp0[youtube]EAeL0dY6pp0[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAeL0dY6pp0

waitasec

Veteran Member
ok God said in the Quran said liberation of A slave , what is your bible said about this case ? did the bible said free all the slaves ?

i don't believe the bible is the word of god.

all i know as far as freeing slaves in the OT there was the year of jubilation
when CERTAIN slaves were set free
and why point your finger at other religions so you can feel better about your religion?
children behave like that, right?
:rolleyes: