• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Pretty soon the Scottish will be waking up, to bacon, eggs, chocolate, haggis, strawberry jam, bite sized little girl pastries, and keyboards. Yay me.

Brickjectivity

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
This morning I was awakened around 6:20am by some sort of warbling bird. Around 7 that stopped and was replaced by the cawing of crows.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Even when high minded and accurate journalists report on what is really going on, it does not matter. People don't care.

d66c1500b4d501396615005056a9545d

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
The Bizarre Journey of Napoleon Bonaparte's Penis

In 1977, an investor paid $3,000 to purchase the dismembered penis of the famous military leader and emperor, Napoleon Bonaparte.

According to Time Magazine, the dismembered penis measured one and a half inches in length when it was purchased. The price was based on an unconventional “appraisal,” where each inch was deemed to be worth $1,000.

Perhaps the only thing stranger than the $3,000 purchase, is the dismembered organ’s 50-year trek across the Western World.

“The penis had taken on quite a mythic status,” said Tony Perrottet, author of Napoleon’s Privates: 2,500 Years of History Unzipped. “It was in a little leather presentation box, and it had been fried out in the air. It hadn’t been put in the formaldehyde, so it as rather the worse for wear, a bit like beef jerky.”

According to Perrottet, Napoleon’s doctor took the penis during Napoleon’s autopsy, after Napoleon died on the island of St. Helena in 1821. The military giant had been exiled there and likely died of stomach cancer.

The doctor gave the penis to a priest, who smuggled it into Corsica, shortly before he was murdered. Next, the penis fell into the hands of a British collector in 1916.

Perrottet claims that the French government turned down an opportunity to buy the penis, and it went on to become a public relic for the next 50 years. In 1927, it was even put on display in New York by an American rare books dealer who had bought the penis in 1924.

Finally, in 1977, a urologist and professor decided to end the notoriety of Napoleon’s dismembered penis by purchasing it for $3,000. Not wanting to draw any more attention to the penis, Lattimer kept it under his bed and refused to show it to anyone who asked to see it.

Since then, rumors have circulated that a subsequent offer was made to purchase the penis for $100,000. If the offer was real, that would be a total return on investment of about 3,200 percent.

When Lattimer died in 2007, the famous penis went to his daughter Evan. No records exist that it has changed owners since then. On May 10, 2011, Time Magazine named Napoleon’s Penis as one of the “10 most famous stolen body parts.”

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
An alloy of raison bran & corn flakes with dried cherries.
Then a wee bit'o Parmesan cheese.

Breakfast today....well....big bowl of raisin bran...but its lunch time......homemade sticky rice with chinese pork, steamed in a bamboo leaf

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
A bit of nature in the raw. I was just putting out some food on the veranda for the stray cats. At the far end, on the balustrade was a bluetit singing. How beautiful, how peaceful. I stood motionless to watch and listen. From out of nowhere a kestral zoomed in and was gone, so was the bluetit and its pretty song.