• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Easy, not my problem, don’t care, I know where to eat and what is and is not good Chinese food. I don’t go to Chinese restaurants to educate, I go to eat

but I’ll do you a favor: Panda Express and the majority of the Chinese take out places are what my wife calls fujian food for Americans. Means not good Chinese food . Also avoid P.F. Chang”s, it’s a silly place, ove priced and most certainly NOT good Chinese food… there, I’ve done my good deed for the year… you’re welcome

We've had a standard that says if we look at the diners in any ethnic restaurant and it appears to be filled with people of that ethnic background, the food will be authentic. In other words, we want to see people from India in an Indian restaurant and so forth.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
We've had a standard that says if we look at the diners in any ethnic restaurant and it appears to be filled with people of that ethnic background, the food will be authentic. In other words, we want to see people from India in an Indian restaurant and so forth.
That's a luxury that doesn't exist in the rural MidWest. If you want Chinese in a restaurant you just have to settle for a cheap, crappy, usually cold Great Wall buffets that can't decide if it's Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese or American. A place that claims to be Chinese but has a picture of a Japanese cook with a red dot on his Chef's hat and has a Japanese word for the name of the establishment. And then there's those places I've heard about that just microwave crappy frozen Chineseish-ish dishes.
I'm not sure if @Wu Wei understands amd comprehends the depth and magnitude of such cultural degeneracy and depravity.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's a luxury that doesn't exist in the rural MidWest. If you want Chinese in a restaurant you just have to settle for a cheap, crappy, usually cold Great Wall buffets that can't decide if it's Chinese, Mongolian, Korean, Japanese or American. A place that claims to be Chinese but has a picture of a Japanese cook with a red dot on his Chef's hat and has a Japanese word for the name of the establishment. And then there's those places I've heard about that just microwave crappy frozen Chineseish-ish dishes.
I'm not sure if @Wu Wei understands amd comprehends the depth and magnitude of such cultural degeneracy and depravity.
Back East many decades ago I used to consider Chung King Chow Mein in a set of cans to be Chinese food. Fortunately I evolved and moved to state where real food of many different ethic groups can be found.

Shadow Wolf

Back East many decades ago I used to consider Chung King Chow Mein in a set of cans to be Chinese food. Fortunately I evolved and moved to state where real food of many different ethic groups can be found.
See? If @Wu Wei wants to complain he needs start acting like a bear and get to the maulings so no one else will ever know such a tragic, warped, catastrophic thing in life.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
To tease the bear...

cc.jpg

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
still don’t care….want it to change… do something to get large numbers of Chinese to move there…. i know where to get good, authentic Chinese food, that is all I care about.

Shadow Wolf

still don’t care….want it to change… do something to get large numbers of Chinese to move there…. i know where to get good, authentic Chinese food, that is all I care about.
But think about all those lost, misguided souls who don't think Panda Express is a quality of life upgrade, but real, authentic, bonafide Chinese instead of a crude approximation of an approximation of Chinese.