• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Heyo

Veteran Member
This is mostly for @Wu Wei but others will see what this resembles in a flash

41566_2023_1272_Fig6_HTML.jpg

Quantum entanglement visualized for the first time ever

A new development will help cement the “realness” of quantum entanglement even more. A team of researchers from the University of Ottawa and the Sapienza University of Rome have demonstrated a novel technique that allows the visualization of an entangled pair of photons  —  particles of light. More accurately, what the scientists have manifested and what they describe in a paper published in Nature Photonics is the wavefunction of this quantum system
Holographic techniques like this rely on the fact that light can be modeled as a wave, and when two waves overlap and are “in phase”, where a peak means a peak or a trough meets a trough, this feature of the wave is amplified — a phenomenon called constructive interference.

But, when the light waves are out of phase, a peak meets a trough, and the features cancel each other out  —  this is called, predictably maybe, destructive interference.

The inference pattern that results from the overlapping of two light waves —  one known (a reference wave) and the other unknown  —  can give information about the unknown wave, allowing it to be reconstructed. This means that holographic techniques can reconstruct a 3D object from 2D images. The team extended the technique of digital holography to solve the problem of reconstructing the state of two entangled photons.
Bull****.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
Bull****.
What the [Bleep] do We Know!? Well, for starters we know those claims are very dishonest and misleading and heavily steeped in pseudoscience, amd in that, along with the Secret, some of the scientists interviewed sued for being mislead in the intentions of the interviewers and for being misrepresented.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
My ear is si gunked uo with wax from whatever (I don't think it's an infection)bthat I discovered I can't wear a mask because it makes the wax plug my ear, which then as my uncontrollable trying to unplug it so I can hear again.
But that has been in vain so I'm at the walk in clinic before I lose my mind.

A few drops of olive oil for a dew days will fix it. Or maybe the walk in clinic

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Actually, Bach was mostly church music, that was who his major employer was
In England, a lot of the earlier music was (someone notable) his (usually) (some dance). because (someone notable) paid for it. So we have, for example, My Lady Carey's Dompe.

Since our dog is named Penny, I've told my wife she should write, Our Lady Penny, her dump