• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
It's My Birthday!
The girly godless group got better today going to the hard rock bar downtown aftwr our meeting.
Except I didn't go because my ear feels like it's going to explode.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
2e6wlh.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
New traffic calming measure has just been erected in the village.

No junction trafic lights.

As you approach the village the speed limit is 90kph. At the border of the village identified by the village sign the speed limit is 50kph (applied everywhere except where otherwise signed)

In areas that can be difficult (narrow roads, school crossings etc) the local council can reduce the speed limit to 30kph as is the case with our village.

So on approach to the village a radar controlled traffic signal turns to red when any vehicle is detected going more than 30kph, only changing to green when the vehicle slows to the posted speed limit

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member

As you approach the village the speed limit is 90kph. At the border of the village identified by the village sign the speed limit is 50kph (applied everywhere except where otherwise signed)

In areas that can be difficult (narrow roads, school crossings etc) the local council can reduce the speed limit to 30kph as is the case with our village.

So on approach to the village a radar controlled traffic signal turns to red when any vehicle is detected going more than 30kph, only changing to green when the vehicle slows to the posted speed limit
one of the towns embedded in the city of Springfield has a similar concept...they have a permanently mounted radar gun attached to a display showing the speed of the vehicle currently in range of the device...the problem is, they only have one of these, it is mounted essentially in the middle of the town, at the top of a hill (with a traffic light at the botton of each side of the hill), and across from town hall/the police station...and it points only one direction, north...facing two lanes of oncoming traffic...

Apparently, they aren't concerned about speeders from the south...

ChristineM

Premium Member
one of the towns embedded in the city of Springfield has a similar concept...they have a permanently mounted radar gun attached to a display showing the speed of the vehicle currently in range of the device...the problem is, they only have one of these, it is mounted essentially in the middle of the town, at the top of a hill (with a traffic light at the botton of each side of the hill), and across from town hall/the police station...and it points only one direction, north...facing two lanes of oncoming traffic...

Apparently, they aren't concerned about speeders from the south...

They have a lot of those speed displays around these parts. The traffic light idea is new. And it's only on the road from the east, they are obviously not bothered about the roads from west and north

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
everything is like that...even in auto mechanics...use to rebuild everything, now it is throw away and install new...or rebuilt purchased from somewhere else....
They're made that way now, often intentionally made harder to fix. People want to blame the culture, but few blame proprietary screws, planned obsolescence, unfair and harsh usage agreements that may not be legal in other countries and corporations who screw the consumer instead of comply with Right to Repair laws.

Heyo

Veteran Member

France used to have 60 km/h city limits, is it now down to 50 overall?
I'm not sure but I think that would be now universal in the EU.

ChristineM

Premium Member
It's been 50 years today that the military under Pinochet, with the help of the CIA, conducted a putsch against Salvador Allende. Does anybody remember?

Nope but it was on PBS a couple of hours ago. I did watch it

ChristineM

Premium Member
France used to have 60 km/h city limits, is it now down to 50 overall?
I'm not sure but I think that would be now universal in the EU.

I think driving in Paris at 60kph is not a good plan ;-)
Yes i think 50/30 is an eu limit

Shadow Wolf

It's My Birthday!
I think driving in Paris at 60kph is not a good plan ;-)
Yes i think 50/30 is an eu limit
We (in California, definitely not Indiana which has the lowest speed limits of all the states I've been in) have streets where it's 50 mph/80 kph. But we alsi have wider roads and can u-turn just abouy anywhere (in California).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
We (in California, definitely not Indiana which has the lowest speed limits of all the states I've been in) have streets where it's 50 mph/80 kph. But we alsi have wider roads and can u-turn just abouy anywhere (in California).
Speed: Maximum posted speed limits for those that are interested.

I remember one state that used to be "reasonable and prudent", that is no limit posted. But no longer.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Speed: Maximum posted speed limits for those that are interested.

I remember one state that used to be "reasonable and prudent", that is no limit posted. But no longer.

A couple of years ago Macron and co lowered the national speed limit from 90km to 80km unless otherwise posted.
Autoroutes were 110/130 so they had to put that clause in

So most councils posted 90 signs on major roads.