• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Random, Meaningless Announcements Thread 3!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Turns out she was late telling me.
I'm no longer unemployed. At a nice place too. It part time but pays enough I won't have to make much from my own businesses to juggle the bills on my own. Which I'll have plenty of time for that since it's part time.
I haven't been this happy in a long time.
Be sure to pay all your taxes.
Looks like I'll get a SS increase soon.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Well that explains a lot

View attachment 82952

Battery technology does mystify me somewhat. I've used batteries all my life. I remember the feelings of disappointment as a kid whenever I'd see the phrase "batteries not included." I remember a Playtape player that ran on C batteries. I've had walkie-talkies which used 9-volt batteries. In my teen years I had a boom box which took 6 (or maybe 8) D batteries. Then I had a Walkman which took AA batteries which I had to replace about every 2-3 weeks. (In my experience, Energizer batteries lasted longer than Duracell.)

But back in those days, we were still using typewriters and dial telephones, but relative to that, battery technology hasn't seemed to really advance all that much, comparatively speaking. Batteries don't seem to last very long. I'm constantly having to charge my phone and laptop.

I'm not sure if I have any point here, other than, maybe Spock was right:

485f9505-3376-4915-ac60-6851c89326a1_text.gif

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Turns out she was late telling me.
I'm no longer unemployed. At a nice place too. It part time but pays enough I won't have to make much from my own businesses to juggle the bills on my own. Which I'll have plenty of time for that since it's part time.
I haven't been this happy in a long time.
So long sad times
Go long bad times
We are rid of you at last
Howdy gay times
Cloudy gray times
You are now a thing of the past

Happy days are here again
The skies above are clear again
So let's sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Battery technology does mystify me somewhat. I've used batteries all my life. I remember the feelings of disappointment as a kid whenever I'd see the phrase "batteries not included." I remember a Playtape player that ran on C batteries. I've had walkie-talkies which used 9-volt batteries. In my teen years I had a boom box which took 6 (or maybe 8) D batteries. Then I had a Walkman which took AA batteries which I had to replace about every 2-3 weeks. (In my experience, Energizer batteries lasted longer than Duracell.)

But back in those days, we were still using typewriters and dial telephones, but relative to that, battery technology hasn't seemed to really advance all that much, comparatively speaking. Batteries don't seem to last very long. I'm constantly having to charge my phone and laptop.

I'm not sure if I have any point here, other than, maybe Spock was right:

485f9505-3376-4915-ac60-6851c89326a1_text.gif
What I don't understand is why 9V drains so fast.

Shadow Wolf

I am disappointed these business mentors seem to be boneheads. The first one highlighting everything I didn't know and not doing anything constructive to help with that (like recommending a book), amd this one appearing to not know how scheduling works. With the job I should be able to ne comfortable even with moderate business success, which would be easier with this mentor thingy, one would assume, but at this rate I would have been better buying relevant books in the For Dummies series.

Shadow Wolf

My plan "Stabbing Northward" is also back on.
As it getting a book to learn how to work on electric motors and engines and fixing this one I have to be better prepared for the change to EV.
And the other day, having ear problems, I learned those cars are frieghtening when they can sneak up on you because yoi can't even hear the tires.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I am disappointed these business mentors seem to be boneheads. The first one highlighting everything I didn't know and not doing anything constructive to help with that (like recommending a book), amd this one appearing to not know how scheduling works. With the job I should be able to ne comfortable even with moderate business success, which would be easier with this mentor thingy, one would assume, but at this rate I would have been better buying relevant books in the For Dummies series.
Some are good. Some not. If there's something particular you have a question about, DM me. I used to be a manager and might have a clue or be able to find one.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I just returned from my Thursday walk taken on Tuesday. My wife had a minor reaction to the covid jab and is sleeping it off.

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I returned from my walk and let me tell you, its WAAAAAY to hot for the Adirondacks in October

Shadow Wolf

Some are good. Some not. If there's something particular you have a question about, DM me. I used to be a manager and might have a clue or be able to find one.
It's not really anything in particular but everything in particular seeing this as a real possibility now.