• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Walking Dead

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
An AM Leonard tree shearing knife would be a good sword substitute.
These suckers are wicked sharp & lightning fast.....

VP-SK16X_3.jpg

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Yeah, even more so. It would be a cliche' stereotype.

Who else could they tie it too?

Anyways, I'm inclined to now think that this whole sword / machete use wouldn't really be as easy as one thinks.

I cut the head of a pig once (don't ask) and the machete got stuck a couple times.

Now, I'm no zombie killer expert but I'd venture to guess that if more then one zombie is coming at you, it's going to get stuck at least once.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Anyways, I'm inclined to now think that this whole sword / machete use wouldn't really be as easy as one thinks.
I cut the head of a pig once (don't ask) and the machete got stuck a couple times.
Now, I'm no zombie killer expert but I'd venture to guess that if more then one zombie is coming at you, it's going to get stuck at least once.
Technique, young man.....it's all in technique.
I know. I've done unspeakable things with a machete.
(I really can't speak of'm. I've gotten in trouble with the mods before for relating my exploits.)

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Technique, young man.....it's all in technique.
I know. I've done unspeakable things with a machete.
(I really can't speak of'm. I've gotten in trouble with the mods before for relating my exploits.)

Note to self: If a zombie apocalypse comes, go to Revo's house as you will learn proper technique.

freethinker44

A good cleaver will slice through bone easily. If more than a couple zombies though, you might want a back-up plan. Actually, staying to fight should have been the back-up plan. If you are already in that situation then it is probably already too late.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Has anyone else watched the Walking Dead webisodes? [youtube]Qajfj5wzcCU[/youtube]
The Walking Dead: Torn Apart - "A New Day" (AMC Webisodes - Part 1) - YouTube

They're pretty good.

Just watching that video made me break out in a cold sweat. Zombies, Ahhh! (I'm terrified of them)

A good cleaver will slice through bone easily. If more than a couple zombies though, you might want a back-up plan. Actually, staying to fight should have been the back-up plan. If you are already in that situation then it is probably already too late.

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. :D

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
41 minutes of episode 8 of season 2... Damn! I blinked!

Fortunately I'm watching it on my computer and can rewind and watch again.

Edit: The song is cool.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Shane does make a good moral and ethical case, though we are more often tempted to side with the more empathetic Rick. The good of the many does often trump the good of the few, or the one.

I think what we're seeing there is the conflict between the primitive mind and the civilized mind. Or you could put it as practicality vs principles.

Shane is all about doing what needs to be done to ensure his own survival and the survival of the group.

Rick wants all that too but he's also concerned with remaining human and civilized in the process.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I think what we're seeing there is the conflict between the primitive mind and the civilized mind. Or you could put it as practicality vs principles.

Shane is all about doing what needs to be done to ensure his own survival and the survival of the group.

Rick wants all that too but he's also concerned with remaining human and civilized in the process.
But Shane is the thinker, perhaps a bit too much for his own good. Is he the primitive mind or the civilized one?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

I think if someone was a member of that group and had to decide who to follow it would be a tough choice: Rick's more likely to get you killed, but Shane is more likely to kill you. :p

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
But Shane is the thinker, perhaps a bit too much for his own good. Is he the primitive mind or the civilized one?

The primitive. Like I said: he's concerned with his own survival and the survival of the tribe over everything else. They're both thinkers, but Shane is thinking more clearly than Rick is, unencumbered as he is by a lot of principles that may or may not apply to the world they've found themselves in now.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
The primitive. Like I said: he's concerned with his own survival and the survival of the tribe over everything else. They're both thinkers, but Shane is thinking more clearly than Rick is, unencumbered as he is by a lot of principles that may or may not apply to the world they've found themselves in now.
Alrightee. I hope the writers see it different. ;)