• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There is no such thing as a gay Christian

Status
Not open for further replies.

literal visionary

Your moniker says it all...LITERAL. You've obviously chosen the "God said it...I believe it...that settles it" argument. Oh well. They used to insist that the earth was flat, too...

no your just thinking that
so you can push my arguments aside
and settle intothe nice little thought that im just an ignorant christian.

Bishka

Veteran Member
BTW, this thread needs to get back on topic and again, you've taken it off. I've done my fair share, but we are going to get back on topic and I will not argue with you on anything but.

Bishka

Veteran Member
I believe that gays/lesbians/etc. can be a Christian. A Christian is someone who believes in Christ, am I not correct? I am. So just like I've said previously, you can be an amputee Baptist, a black athetist, a lesbian mormon, a gay Catholic, etc, but you are still a Christian.

Yes, you backed it up with a scripture, what, in Corinthians, and you said, "Christ said this...", yet it was actually, I believe Paul who wrote the letter to the Corinthians, not Christ.

literal visionary

It all in my garage

quot-bot-left.gif
quot-bot-right.gif

Then it can't be that far of a walk to go get us and prove us all wrong, can it?

I live on 5 acres in N california,

my garage is a barn its raining outside, and theres a lake around my house,
Plus my books are stored at the top of the barn covered in chicken crap,
I think its very far for me, I haven't even come out of the house for a week.
its too freakin cold, and I have fibro

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Buttons* said:
.....so Homosexuals CAN be Christian?... just so we're all on the same page here....*smiles*

Let's look at this question from another perspective:

Can Christians be homosexual?...

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
beckysoup61 said:
Yes, you backed it up with a scripture, what, in Corinthians, and you said, "Christ said this...", yet it was actually, I believe Paul who wrote the letter to the Corinthians, not Christ.
yes, Paul wrote the letter to the Corinthians because their new church was having problems on what practices they should perform, and what do to about pagans, marriage, all that jazz....

literal visionary

BTW, this thread needs to get back on topic and again, you've taken it off. I've done my fair share, but we are going to get back on topic and I will not argue with you on anything but.

your the one telling me to get my books out of the garage

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
literary_vision, would you be so kind as to go back to comment #196, you seem to have skipped past me during this little arguement. If you would really like an intelligent debate on this matter, please read 196 and comment on it.

edit: oh sure, now he goes offline.:faint:

Bishka

Veteran Member
literal visionary said:
your the one telling me to get my books out of the garage

Well, you are the one that said you could prove to me that there is no such thing as a gay Christian, we need to stay on topic here.

gnomon

I've been under the impression that modern religion is defined by the person. If the poster of the OP believes that gays are not christians then who is anyone else to doubt their claim? Or rather, even care for that matter?

I would be interested to see if anyone can actually claim that anyone who professes to be a christian is not one. This is the most interesting concept I read from the OP. How does anyone legitamize their belief? Considering the vast number of denominations of Christianity how can anyone claim with authority that a gay person cannot be christian? Especially due to the fact that there are ordained priests who are gay.

Actually, I'm thinking of a broader question. How does anyone make a religious claim and assert authority over a different persons religious claim other than an appeal to authority and personal faith? What is their to prove, as has been asked a few times on this thread? As far as I'm concerned, from an outside perspective the thread starter has just as much validity to his claim as anyone else.

Of course, I've only read the first 8 pages as well as the last 3 so perhaps I've missed something.

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
sojourner said:
Let's look at this question from another perspective:

Can Christians be homosexual?...
Christians are who they are in Christ. They are perfect in Christ, and sexual orientation has absoutely nothing to do with their walk with God. So people can be imperfect, and be heterosexual, homosexual, black, white, anything!

I'd say yes! :D

literal visionary

He also taught that we will not be judged by our actions alone. We could do good all day long, and it wouldn't do us any good if our hearts are in the wrong place. I would think say that a gay person who has a heart full of love, and compassion, and understanding that Jesus preached about, has a better shot at heaven than a judgemental, bible thumpin' Christian. :shout I will pray for you, that YOU will be enlightened, since that is what you seek.

yeah, i could agree with that, jesus did right alot of wrongs
But he was still a jew

He still used the mivcah before entering the temple,
he was ajew, and since he never said that being homosexual was okay then we all should go on what the old test says.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
gnomon said:
I've been under the impression that modern religion is defined by the person. If the poster of the OP believes that gays are not christians then who is anyone else to doubt their claim? Or rather, even care for that matter?

I would be interested to see if anyone can actually claim that anyone who professes to be a christian is not one. This is the most interesting concept I read from the OP. How does anyone legitamize their belief? Considering the vast number of denominations of Christianity how can anyone claim with authority that a gay person cannot be christian? Especially due to the fact that there are ordained priests who are gay.

Actually, I'm thinking of a broader question. How does anyone make a religious claim and assert authority over a different persons religious claim other than an appeal to authority and personal faith? What is their to prove, as has been asked a few times on this thread? As far as I'm concerned, from an outside perspective the thread starter has just as much validity to his claim as anyone else.

Of course, I've only read the first 8 pages as well as the last 3 so perhaps I've missed something.

But, one must substantiate one's claims, if one wants to be taken seriously. if one claims Biblical authority, then one has to provide a compelling Biblical argument to support one's claim. The claim that "there are no homosexual Christians" cannot be seriously supported Biblically -- at least not with a shred of realistic thinking.

Bishka

Veteran Member
literal visionary said:
But he was still a jew

he was ajew, and since he never said that being homosexual was okay then we all should go on what the old test says.

Yet Jesus himself never said it was wrong, it was Paul who said it, in Corinthians, which I have previously mentioned.

literal visionary

Especially due to the fact that there are ordained priests who are gay.

who cares?

priests are not any better than ordinary people,
they can still go to hell,

and who would give them such authority?
surely not their God.

Christians are who they are in Christ. They are perfect in Christ, and sexual orientation has absoutely nothing to do with their walk with God. So people can be imperfect, and be heterosexual, homosexual, black, white, anything!

let me point out before you jump on the "happy go lucky we can do what we want and nobody cares" bandwagon there is such thing as right and wrong

everyone on earth can be defined as right or wrong there is no such color as grey

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
literal visionary said:
But he was still a jew

So we should be putting do death those who commit adultery? These are the old laws. And Jesus most certainly did say something about who to love. He said love everybody. He said love your neighbors, and he said Judge not.

Our purpose is to remember love, unconditional love. Who are you to say that the lessons God has for a gay person is wrong. Jesus other top priority message was judge not. You cannot sit in judgement of any one. As a Christian, you should be reminding everyone that God loves ALL OF US. And that Jesus put his life on the line for ALL OF US. And then let God take it from there.

Bishka

Veteran Member
literal visionary said:
who cares?

priests are not any better than ordinary people,
they can still go to hell,

and who would give them such authority?
surely not their God.

Actually, yes, they believe their God, the God of the earth and the Heavens gave them that authority, who are you to tell them any different?

literal visionary said:
let me point out before you jump on the "happy go lucky we can do what we want and nobody cares" bandwagon there is such thing as right and wrong

everyone on earth can be defined as right or wrong there is no such color as grey

Then what is the color grey? You are arguing against a law of nature, sorry, can't win there.

Status
Not open for further replies.