• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump 2024. Why or why not.

Kfox

Biden and Pence didn't do anything even similar to Trump. The documents found in their storage areas were collections of non-classified materials, and gathered by aids, not the former vice presidents.
No, the documents found in Biden's Garage next to his Corvette were classified documents.

F1fan

Veteran Member
Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land;
The document case is a slam dunk. He was caught with the materials. If what you are saying is just the formality of the criminal justice system then ok. But Trump has no defense. The other cases are very strong but we citizens don’t have access to all the evidence. Let’s note that indictments are decided by a grand jury, and that is much like a jury in a trial. The evidence exists that suggests he is guilty. I’m not sure why that isn’t enough to convince you this guy is trouble, and unfit.

which has nothing to do with why I prefer Trump over Biden. If I think you are guilty, I will judge you the same whether you have been convicted or not.

If you are in favor of authoritarianism then I can understand why you prefer Trump. You don’t seem to have concerns about the consequences of this approach for democracy.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I hope you're right, but last time around I thought he had no chance at all.
I don’t trust republicans or independents anymore so I am preparing for a Trump election and the fallout. I expect a serious economic downturn of he wins the EC. Business thrives in stable markets and society, and Trump will cause immediate chaos and instability.

F1fan

Veteran Member
No, the documents found in Biden's Garage next to his Corvette were classified documents.
I didn’t say they weren’t. There were a few classified documents in with unclassified documents. It was a mistake by his aids. Not intended.

But this is irrelevant to Trumps deliberate theft of classified documents, that he also deliberately hid from the FBI.

Little Dragon

Innocent until proven guilty is the law of the land; which has nothing to do with why I prefer Trump over Biden. If I think you are guilty, I will judge you the same whether you have been convicted or not.
Well good for you. Glad you're not in charge.

Little Dragon

If you are in favor of authoritarianism then I can understand why you prefer Trump. You don’t seem to have concerns about the consequences of this approach for democracy.
Precisely, it's why they all vote for him, because they crave authoritarianism, they want to feel the jack boot upon their faces, and upon the faces of their children. They want the rule of law to be replaced by the dictation of a populist mouthpiece for the far right christian nationalists, whom by the way think they can control and direct someone like Trump. They are mistaken.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

What level?
These are all "classified":

Classified, secret, top secret, top secret/SCI, FOUO.

Each of these have differing impacts on national security based on their level. As do the consequences for having them in ones possession. And some increase in level based on what other documents are nearby.

I know Trump held TS and TS/SCI materials in his possession, which are considered the most egregious and prosecutable offense. What about Biden's docs, were they similar classifications?

*Source is I worked in the security field, and held a TS/SCI clearance at one point.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What level?

Each of these have differing impacts on national security based on their level. As do the consequences for having them in ones possession. And some increase in level based on what other documents are nearby.

I know Trump held TS and TS/SCI materials in his possession, which are considered the most egregious and prosecutable offense. What about Biden's docs, were they similar classifications?

*Source is I worked in the security field, and held a TS/SCI clearance at one point.
Both Biden and Pence had documents that they forgot about. They did not take them on purpose to use as keepsakes. Or to show off to friends to impress them while they were still classified. Trump took boxes and boxes and boxes of confidential documents and showed them off to such highly placed government officials as Kid Rock.

Kfox

What level?

I don't know. All I know is what the media tells us, and the media didn't go into detail with Biden the way they did with Trump.