• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump is losing the debate acting like a raving lunatic

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
This one stood out. Yes, Trump has called for a national sales tax. You are not even following your candidate. Or perhaps like Trump you do not understand what a tariff is.
  • Harris claimed Trump intends to enact what in effect is a “sales tax” which she said economists estimate would raise prices on typical American families by almost $4,000 a year. That’s a high-end estimate from a liberal think tank about Trump’s plan for “universal baseline tariffs” on imports.

Please provide proof that says that Trump has called for a national sales tax. Thanks.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Here's another interesting poll regarding the "battle of the vibes" in the public reaction:

Who won the battle of the vibes according to our debate night poll?

The headline numbers revealed that 49 percent felt that Harris performed most strongly on a night when Trump appeared to let his opponent get under his skin.

In contrast, 43 percent said they thought Trump won the night.

AA1qoMni.img

AA1qoFos.img

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Ok, then don't vote for him. I disagree.

This is because you are in a liberal bubble. Here are 20 things she lied about:

1. "Very fine people" lie. Snopes even debunked this
2. That Trump endorses Project 2025. Nowhere has he said this. he said in the debate he does not know what is in it, probably good and bad things.
3. Trump's trade deficit was highest in history. This is false.
4. Trump said "Putin can do whatever the hell he wants". This never happened. (He has been doing whatever the hell he wants under Harris admin)
5. Trump said he wants to be a dictator on day one. "We are closing the border and we are drilling, drilling, drilling. After that I am not a dictator, OK?"
6. Blamed Trump for botched afghanistan withdrawal.
7. Harris said Trump called for a bloodbath if he lost the election. This is false.
8. Claimed that Trump wants abortion monitors, this is a lie. She has never provided evidence he said this.
9. Claimed he refused to rent to black families. This is a lie. AP debunked it in 2016.
10.Claimed Trump called for execution of Central Park 5. This is a lie as well.
11. Used the "Suckers and Losers" hoax. Has been refuted by eyewitnesses.
12. Harris said she never called to ban fracking. Ths is false, she did many times.
13. Harris claimed she ramped up oil production. This is false, they limited it on government lands and cancelled oil leases in Alaskan wildlife refuge. There is more oil production in private lands than ever.
14. She accused Trump of calling for a national sales tax. He has not.
15. She claimed Trump left with the highest unemployment since great depression. When he left office it was 6.4%. During great depression it got up to 25%.
16. Harris claimed that Trump wants to terminate the constitution. A lie.
17. Said Trump sold us out to China that ended up selling American chips to China. This is false.
18. Not one troop in any war zone. This is a lie and terrible for the families of service members in Iraq, Syria, Navy chips in that area. Two soldiers this year were killed on the Syrian border by Iran backed forces. It is a shameful lie.
19. She claimed she does not want to take guns away. She supports assault weapons bans. That is taking guns away.
20. Said Trump would sign a national abortion ban. He has never said this.

Trump was fact checked 7 times Harris zero times.

The debate went like this:

Moderator: Mr. Trump you are a POS, what is your response?
Trump: Responds
Moderator: VP Harris, Trump is a POS, what is your response?
Harris: Yes he is.

That was the entire debate. The moderators never made her answer the questions asked. The first question was are people better off than when they were 4 years ago? Her answered started, I kid you not, "So, I was raised as a middle-class kid. And I am actually the only person on this stage who has a plan that is about lifting up the middle class and working people of America..."

She never answered the question and the moderators moved on. It was 3 against 1.

You didn't say anything except maybe not doing Tariffs and who is endorsing him. Does the fact that certain people endorsing her sway you? Think for yourself.
So, what is the source for your "facts" above? I'm certain you didn't do the supposed research yourself.

According to CNN's fact checking, Harris lied three times.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
  • Harris claimed Trump intends to enact what in effect is a “sales tax” which she said economists estimate would raise prices on typical American families by almost $4,000 a year. That’s a high-end estimate from a liberal think tank about Trump’s plan for “universal baseline tariffs” on imports.

Please provide proof that says that Trump has called for a national sales tax. Thanks.
If Trump raised duty taxes on imports as he promised, that would be reflected in raising the costs of those products.

Pogo

No Kathryn, it is not a formal tax, it is extra duties paid by the importer before they sell the product to you which they recover by increasing the price you pay. You will then pay even more sales tax in this increased price, but either way, you and I will pay it. $4000 is a high estimate, $2600 was the median and unless you are in the top few % for income, the increase will be more than Trump's tax-cuts.

It is not a formal tax, it is an effective tax considering that we all buy these things that will get tariffs.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
No Kathryn, it is not a formal tax, it is extra duties paid by the importer before they sell the product to you which they recover by increasing the price you pay. You will then pay even more sales tax in this increased price, but either way, you and I will pay it. $4000 is a high estimate, $2600 was the median and unless you are in the top few % for income, the increase will be more than Trump's tax-cuts.

It is not a formal tax, it is an effective tax considering that we all buy these things that will get tariffs.
I don't know about you but I am definitely price oriented. So if things aren't competitively priced I just won't buy them.

Clizby Wampuscat

I notice you still haven' answered my question as to where you got that list of supposed Harris lies.
Different fact checking sites. Do you agree with them or not? They are all verifiably false, can you give evidence to your claim that some of these things are true?

Pogo

I prefer to buy things locally even if I have to spend a bit more.
If you can afford it, but this will be paid mostly by those who can't.
Not to mention try to buy a TV or microwave or you name it that if not made in china, does not use significant Chinese components. Heck cars are up to ~10%

Watchmen

Premium Member
40% of total profit

What contributions besides money do they provide?

Jobs, retirement, health and dental... All BS that could be supplied by someone that isn't profit based.
Im not asking about tax rate. The question is how much towards the national tax revenue should the top 10% pay. It is currently 76%.

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Facts are louder than words.
During the 4 years of Trump, the incredibly high political stability throughout Europe and throughout the Mediterranean was evident.
There was a hope for Libya to be reconstructed, back then.
Trump promoted peace and de-escalation of tension.

I am 100% sure that the warmongers had suicidal thoughts during the 4 years of Trump....because their thirst for war was not satiated.
They called a time-out on the global war game because the new kid on the block couldn't be trusted. That's a good except that lack of trustworthiness on the board was more dangerous than any round of the game.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
They called a time-out on the global war game because the new kid on the block couldn't be trusted. That's a good except that lack of trustworthiness on the board was more dangerous than any round of the game.
Is peace something negative?
I find peace BEAUTIFUL...so God bless "the new kid on the block".