• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson, Colonel Douglas Macgregor, The Ukraine War

I know, Russia is evil, but then again the US did invade Grenada, yes Grenada. Is there a nation on this planet that is not evil to the core?
Look, I doubt anyone - sane at least - is labouring under the delusion that all Western governments are great and whiter than white or something. They aren't, there's corruption, greed, political machinations and power play galore. The invasion of Iraq shouldn't have happened in relation. In no way does that excuse Putin's antics and not just in regards to his invasion of Ukraine either but also how his totalitarian regime treats Russia's own people.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
I understand.
If Americans desire to conquer Russia to dethrone Putin, there's Alaska which is practically almost attached to Russia.
I would like to know why they want to get to Putin through the EU, which is peaceful and has no time to waste on such nonsense. :)
There's no desire to conquer Russia. None. Perhaps a few fringe loonies, but absolutely none I've heard of. The same goes for overthrowing Putin.
Really, I think those of us slanting on the old side tend to have surface deep hate of Russia as an enemy we were raised to hate and they were often the bad guys on TV and movies, but overall people don't hate the Russians themselves but above that is an old enemy with a handful of us still alive from when it first began about 80 years ago, and 30 years ago we got to gloat and brag amd be the winners. But Putin is back, he is former KGB, and he's been expanding and even the news headlines have occasionally read like something from the Cold War era. So we hate Putin. But we didn't think Bush Jr. should have went after Hussein. There was a general confusion and people pointing and saying "but he's that way." Lots of Americans probably wouldn't mind seeing Putin trip down the stairs and break his neck, but I doubt there'd be much support for interfering with Russia itself, especially overthrowing Putin. We need him because we love to hate him.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I didn't search all 14 pages of this thread to see if someone had posted the video I'm about to post. But Ryan McBeth is qualified to opine on the Colonels comments and I think he's spot on 100%.

It was not the YouTube video, but yes, it was linked. And that pretty much sinks the OP.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
"How does that change the principle of the matter?"

WW2 was a world war involving over 50 country's. Ukraine and Russia are two kids on the block fighting each other. That doesn't make it right but its a false comparison to WW2.
I'll ask again, how does that change the principle of the matter? Both situations involved invasions, annexations, occupations, war crimes, etc. so why would the ethical and moral aspects change based on the number of countries involved?
"Also, you failed to answer my question about Alaska."

Since its a 'what if' why does it need my answer?
Hypothetical questions still offer valid points. So same situation, just swap Ukraine with Alaska. Would your solution still be the same. If not, why not?

We Never Know

No Slack
I'll ask again, how does that change the principle of the matter? Both situations involved invasions, annexations, occupations, war crimes, etc. so why would the ethical and moral aspects change based on the number of countries involved?

Hypothetical questions still offer valid points. So same situation, just swap Ukraine with Alaska. Would your solution still be the same. If not, why not?

"Hypothetical questions still offer valid points"

Then 'what if a god exists and wouldn't let that happen'?

We Never Know

No Slack
Then I would run into a wall and turn into an accordion.

Now that I've answered it, tell me what the point was. (There wasn't one.)

It's okay, though. You don't have to answer anything because I already know that your POV on the matter is trash.
Personal attacks are all you have

We Never Know

No Slack
Has everyone forgot or overlooking that we, the US, in the middle of this war traded Viktor Bout, the notorious Russian arms dealer AKA the "Merchant of Death" for a basketball player that broke Russia's drug laws?

Perfect timing eh?

lukethethird

unknown member
Look, I doubt anyone - sane at least - is labouring under the delusion that all Western governments are great and whiter than white or something. They aren't, there's corruption, greed, political machinations and power play galore. The invasion of Iraq shouldn't have happened in relation. In no way does that excuse Putin's antics and not just in regards to his invasion of Ukraine either but also how his totalitarian regime treats Russia's own people.
I have never excused Putin for anything, I merely point out the fact that it is foolish to threaten an evil empire and a tyrant, and for that I am called a Putin shill. I think Putin, Biden and Zelensky are stooges, all of them, and I'm sorry but I don't support the hideous notion that we are defenders of a so called democracy and freedom in Ukraine, it's dumber than dirt to believe such idiocy. Zelensky was elected by running on a platform of making peace with Donbass and on cleaning up the corruption in Ukraine, but nothing changed. Biden is a relic from the cold war and Putin is a tyrant. What are we to expect from stooges?

I have never excused Putin for anything, I merely point out the fact that it is foolish to threaten an evil empire and a tyrant, and for that I am called a Putin shill. I think Putin, Biden and Zelensky are stooges, all of them, and I'm sorry but I don't support the hideous notion that we are defenders of a so called democracy and freedom in Ukraine, it's dumber than dirt to believe such idiocy. Zelensky was elected by running on a platform of making peace with Donbass and on cleaning up the corruption in Ukraine, but nothing changed. Biden is a relic from the cold war and Putin is a tyrant. What are we to expect from stooges?
Ukraine weren't threatening anyone let alone Russia so there is simply no excuse for Putin's antics or some tortured "justification" for any of it, full stop. Putin is a a despot along with other words ending in pot to boot. Is anyone arguing that Ukraine doesn't have it's share of corruption and whatnot? Hardly, every country has it so that's moot.

lukethethird

unknown member

Ukraine weren't threatening anyone let alone Russia so there is simply no excuse for Putin's antics or some tortured "justification" for any of it, full stop. Putin is a a despot along with other words ending in pot to boot. Is anyone arguing that Ukraine doesn't have it's share of corruption and whatnot? Hardly, every country has it so that's moot.
Ukraine threatened to join Nato and of course Nato nations put Ukraine up to it which was a red line for Putin, that much Putin made very clear. Like I keep saying, stupid to poke an evil tyrant in the face but there you go. Stooges, all of them.

We Never Know

No Slack
Ukraine threatened to join Nato and of course Nato nations put Ukraine up to it which was a red line for Putin, that much Putin made very clear. Like I keep saying, stupid to poke an evil tyrant in the face but there you go. Stooges, all of them.
Not good to poke a bear unless the goal is to provoke it.

Ukraine requested to join NATO after the invasion and wanted a no fly zone enacted that was refused. Anything else?

Sargonski

No they didn't and if you defend or justify Putin's invasion then you're an apologist for the despot.

Yes they did .. and my apologies ... but correcting the spoon fed propaganda false narrative .. of the New True Blue Neocon crew .. neither defends nor justifies Putin's invasion .. the apology for despotism .. coming from your end ... Apologizing for the Azov Nazi .. spouting Azov Nazi Propaganda - and apology for despotism.

We Never Know

No Slack
Ukraine requested to join NATO after the invasion and wanted a no fly zone enacted that was refused. Anything else?

"At the June 2021 Brussels summit, NATO leaders reiterated the decision taken at the 2008 Bucharest summit that Ukraine would eventually become a NATO member with the MAP as an integral part of the process, and Ukraine's right to determine its future and foreign policy without outside interference.[10] NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg also stressed that Russia will not be able to veto Ukraine's accession to NATO "as we will not return to the era of spheres of interest, when large countries decide what smaller ones should do."[11] Before further actions on NATO membership were taken, Russia launched a full-scale invasion of Ukraine on 24 February 2022."