• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK PM Rishi Sunak: "A man is a man, and a woman is a woman, that's just common sense"

If I'm understanding you correctly, you think that on the topic of misogyny, a handful of noisy trans activists are correct, and millions of women are wrong. Is that your claim?
I think the millions of people who respect trans people are correct yes.
As for doublethink, hmmm. I'm sure you do not agree with me, but are you really saying you cannot connect the dots here? In other words, if someone - hypothetically - offered you $1000 to steelman my position, are you saying you couldn't do it?
I couldn't make an argument I couldn't undo without having to steel man. Maybe you have a different thought process but people who express opinions the same as the opinions you have stated all have a little buzzing fuzzy part of their brain that reminds me of this bit.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Misogynistic? Can you elucidate?

I have, many times. But here's a summary:

Sometimes biological sex matters.

Now put on your thinking cap and see if you can come up with your own list as to when - in real life - biological sex matters.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Some competitive sports maybe. Anything else?

There are few sports that don’t give men an advantage if it’s physical,I like women,mysterious creatures of femininity and grace and sometimes unfathomable logic but a man who wants to be known a frank in a woman’s private places I don’t and don’t see why they should accept frank and his like.

Little Dragon

I have, many times. But here's a summary:

Sometimes biological sex matters.

Now put on your thinking cap and see if you can come up with your own list as to when - in real life - biological sex matters.
Ok.

1. Trying hard...
2. Oooh...
3. Need coffee...
4. Prison! You cant put people with male sex organs in prison cells or wings, with people who have female sex organs. Babies born in prison. Not desirable. No sir.
5. Uh..
6. Hmm..
7. Blind dates! If you don't tell people about your downstairs arrangements, that could be problematic, could.
8. I am spent!

Little Dragon

There are few sports that don’t give men an advantage if it’s physical,I like women,mysterious creatures of femininity and grace and sometimes unfathomable logic but a man who wants to be known a frank in a woman’s private places I don’t and don’t see why they should accept frank and his like.
Unfathomable logic? Hmm.

Give the biologically born females a head start then. Level the playing field. As it very much were...

Altfish

Veteran Member
Perhaps the clearest ad hominem I've ever seen, congrats! (I guess?)

The point here is to debate / discuss the validity of the claim. Because the claim ought to stand or fall on its own merits, correct?
Ooooh, keep calm!

It is a dog whistle talking point of the anti-trans right wing bigots.

Little Dragon

I like women,mysterious creatures of femininity and grace
So do I. They're wonderful. They're patient and understanding and they don't generally annoy me half as much as men seem to.
I would much rather live in a world populated exclusively by women than the opposite. irrespective of sexual orientation.
Not that males cannot be graceful pretty and feminine too, that last quality has been applied to girlish or androgynous men for a very long time indeed. In fact to label a man, pretty or beautiful, is probably the highest compliment a man can get, about their appearance.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Ooooh, keep calm!

It is a dog whistle talking point of the anti-trans right wing bigots.

Is it right wing anti trans rights or biology,keir Starmer and Nandy don’t even know if a woman has a penis or not,or at least state the obvious,let’s face it it’s a left wing thing of “I so need your minority vote.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
So do I. They're wonderful. They're patient and understanding and they don't generally annoy me half as much as men seem to.
I would much rather live in a world populated by women than the opposite. irrespective of sexual orientation.
Not that males cannot be graceful pretty and feminine too, that last quality has been applied to girlish or androgynous men for a very long time indeed. In fact to label a man, pretty or beautiful, is probably the highest compliment a man can get, about their appearance.

I’m happy with handsome,I have travelled much and in New Zealand discovered that samoans bring up their youngest child is raised as a girl regardless of sex but are still men.

I would be happy in a world without men apart from talking politics and sport in a pub,a male sanctuary where a woman can’t say “I don’t like that colour” so let’s go to a hundred shops to find the one i want,women imo are irreplaceable.

Vouthon

Dominus Deus tuus ignis consumens est
Staff member
Premium Member
I think Rishi Sunak is seriously and crudely simplifying a complex and nuanced issue for political capital, as many politicians are unfortunately inclined to do to appeal to voter bases (one of the shortfallings of lobbying and funding in electoral democracies).

Biological sex or genotype undeniably exists and comes with reproductive, neurochemical and social consequences for the resulting human being, but so to does phenotype and neurotype.

In most people, chromosomal, phenotypical and neurotypical sex all align in a male/man/masculine or female/woman/feminine way, albeit with innumerable individual characteristics, quirks and variables based on person, context, upbringing, environment and choices.

However, there has always been throughout history and in every society and will always be a significant minority of what we now call transgender and intersex people for whom that neat alignment does not occur.

Thus, you might have a biological male with XY chromosomes who has androgen insensitivity and due to lack of exposure to androgen in the womb develops and is born with a female phenotype, including vagina, clitoris and who will develop breasts upon puberty. Most of these individuals are, will identify as and be socially accepted as women.

Or you might have a biological female with XX chromosomal type and who develops with female hormones in the womb as a phenotypical woman yet after birth, grows up and it becomes evident that the person has the neurotype of a man and consequently identifies as a man in gender. And so on and so forth with so many other variables in a significant minority of the human populace.

Human beings are complex. For many of us, it is quite simple- but not for everyone by any means.

Last edited:

Little Dragon

I think Rishi Sunak is seriously and crudely simplifying a complex and nuanced issue for political capital, as many politicians are unfortunately inclined to do to appeal to voter bases (one of the shortfallings of lobbying and funding in electoral democracies).

Biological sex or genotype undeniably exists and comes with reproductive, neurochemical and social consequences for the resulting human being, but so to does phenotype and neurotype.

In most people, chromosomal, phenotypical and neurotypical sex all align in a male/man/masculine or female/woman/feminine way, albeit with innumerable individual characteristics, quirks and variables based on person, context, upbringing, environment and choices.

However, there has always been throughout history and in every society and will always be a significant minority of what we now call transgender and intersex people for whom that neat alignment does not occur.

Thus, you might have a biological male with XY chromosomes who has androgen insensitivity and due to lack of exposure to androgen in the womb develops and is born with a female phenotype, including vagina, clitoris and who will develop breasts upon puberty. Most of these individuals are, will identify as and be socially accepted as women.

Or you might have a biological female with XX chromosomal type and who develops with female hormones in the womb as a phenotypical woman yet after birth, grows up and it becomes evident that the person has the neurotype of a man and consequently identifies as a man in gender. And so on and so forth with so many other variables in a significant minority of the human populace.

Human beings are complex. For many of us, it is quite simple- but not for everyone by any means.
To the point and on point. Noice.

Little Dragon

Nature and evolutionary processes once again demonstrating that they do not really give a monkey's toss, for the categories, boxes, pigeon holes and parochial temporal societal expectations of neotenic chimpanzees with access to the internet.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

It is simple imo,a biological man cannot conceive or gestate a child because a man doesn’t have the necessary equipment for the prossess apart from the fun part,that’s just reality.