• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What about the 7-day creation story?

look3467

Premium Member
Number 7 to any one other than a bible believer means ?
Otherwise, in the bible 7 is a significant number worth understanding.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467

Premium Member
777 is the number doubled twice. 7 is the first creation, another like it but different is the second creation, and the third one makes of both one new creation that is complete.
For you who have no faith in the bible, perhaps this might give you an indication of the bible's worthiness.

This verse confirms what I stated above and is found throughout the whole bible.
Now, is it not interesting to note that the bible was written by men of different times, different places? And still within those writings there is a consistency of the number seven or of doubling?

Who would ever wonder why the dream was given twice to Pharaoh?

Gen 41:32 And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass.

In the slot machines, if one gets 2- 7's, the machine will not pay until the third one is on the line.
Similarly, God doubles twice to bring things to pass.
The first vessel was flawed by the creator, and again, re-does it anew, therefore canceling out the first by the second, and the third one, is a new vessel, tried and true, fired in the furnace 7 times to perfection.

This is the theme underling the whole bible, and all the writers, as all the different books, give testimony to that theme.

An individual has to have a heart for God, even if it is a small bit amount, like the size of a mustard seed, by which God will then give His faith unto you, to understand those hidden mystery's that He only reveals to His friends.
Become a friend of God, and you shall be blessed.

Peace>>>AJ

look3467

Premium Member
You see, in order for God to redo the creation to condemnation, He had to redo it to salvation.

That is the picture in whole, and that is what is explained in the whole of the bible.

We see the creation as explained in the bible, and what we don't see is the recreation of it, unless, one is open to understanding of it.

We already have a city of Jerusalem that is earthly, but the new one is a heavenly Jerusalem come down to us and then taken up for all of us to have.
The whole explanation of Jesus encompasses the whole of the original creation, so as to leave no stone unturned in the new creation.
Study the number 7 in all of the scriptures, and seek out God's understanding to understanding it.

As He begins to reveal understanding to you, you will see a picture never seen before, yet its right there in front of our faces, the bible.

If the book of Revelation is the testimonies of Christ as per verse 1, then 7's is key to understanding it.

Peace>>>AJ

Somkid

You forgot the most important number of them all, 42

In the end that is all it really comes down to, even digital watches wear out and lose their luster. Yep, I think there is much more to 42 than 7 unless you are playing craps.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
777 is the number doubled twice. 7 is the first creation, another like it but different is the second creation, and the third one makes of both one new creation that is complete.

Ummm... how do you get that 777 is 7 doubled twice? I could see how 28 could be 7 doubled twice, or even 1414 in a pinch, but 777?

Also, why do you assume that God uses base 10?

In the slot machines, if one gets 2- 7's, the machine will not pay until the third one is on the line.
Similarly, God doubles twice to bring things to pass.
And in craps, you get paid with a single initial seven. You also lose with a later seven.

Back to slot machines, though, what's the divine meaning of the cherry or bar symbols?

Jack89

Jesus=salvation!no1 else
7 is the number of perfection i think??or completness?one or the other n i no the number 6 is the number of man

look3467

Premium Member
I don't think it has anything to do with neurology either.

Perhaps numerology, which many people seem to have codified for the Bible. Yet nowhere in the Bible do I see where we are to put any stock in Biblical numerolgy so I pretty much ignore it.

Well, God places allot of emphasis on numbers, especially the number seven.
There are two creations mentioned in the bible.
The first is the Fathers creation of which the flesh was created, laws instituted, and condemnation by the law resulted in spiritual death.

But God did not leave us hopeless, for Jesus recreated the spiritual end of our hopelessness by taking the same 7 year creation plan, visited each day and made atonement for all of them.

To really grasp an understanding of that view, one must try to look at the 7's in the bible and search it out with prayer.

The 7 day re-creation was done in one day, and that day is the day of our Lord.

Commencing on the eve of Friday and ending the eve of the Sabbath.

That day is divided into 7 equal parts.

Peace>>>AJ

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
"God's" number: 7
Man's number: 6

7x6=42
4+2=6

Thus, "God" turns out to be simply exalted humanity . . . obviously.

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
Ah, yes . . . "God's" seven day week:

Sun - day
Moon - day
Tiw's ("Mars") - day
Woden's ("Odin") - day
Thor's - day
Freya's - day
Saturn's - day

Hold on . . . which "god" were we talking about again?

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
7 is a fairly unique number in that it is the cutoff point for the average human memory.
When given a random list of numbers, an average of 7 are correctly recalled. [assuming the list is greater than 7 of course]
But that is about it.
There are better numbers pi is one, but is fairly boring (I never liked circles anyways). I dislike e because I dislike calculus and logarithms, so that leaves phi, the golden ratio.
1.618 If I remember correctly. That ratio pops up everywhere in nature.
Or, for you godless heathens, i might be a good choice.
How positively punny.

ZACKUK

ONE IS THE CREATOR
7 DAYS CREATION ARE TIME PERIOD NOT EXACT DAYS OF SUN AND MOON COZ THEY NEVER EXISTED at that time.
GOD LOVES THE WORD NO 7
ALSO GOD DOES NOT LIVE IN 11 DIMENSIONS BUT HE IS IN INFINITE DIMENSIONS, BEING A HUMAN YOU CANT COMPREHEND GOD, HE IS THE MOST HIGH ABOVE ALL THE CREATORS.
HE IS ONE AS EMPHASISED BY, ADAM,NOHA, ABRAHAM,DAVID,MOSES, JESUS AND MOHAMMED (PEACE AND BLESSING BE UPON ALL OF THEM_.
THANKS

look3467

Premium Member
The whole topic about the number 7 is that it is a number used many times in the bible.
Now, numbers can be made to be anything anybody wants, but in the case of the bible, the number 7 is very significant.

For there in lies many of the answers to many questions that many Christians have that can not find many true answers.

Did you get the number of many's, I used in that last sentence?

The word many than denotes a wide range, yet it narrows it down to one word, true.

7's then is true throughout the whole bible, and is narrowed down to one day as being as 7.

In that one day, all 7's are represented as one day divided into 7, with each day visited by Jesus in order to be able to recreate what was already created, and make it into a new week, which has no ending.

Its an open week. That is why the 8th day is considered a new week.

To a believer than, that is very important, for there lies the answer to its salvation.

Peace>>>AJ

ohyeah

i like 7-11.

they have these great new soda machines. all you have to do is push the cherry button and, voila', cherry coke. cool.

look3467

Premium Member
Early Christians had a fondness for numbers.... symbology.....according to St. Augustine (Tract. cxxiii, in Joan.), the number seven represented the totality of the Christian world.... others had different opinions, but I really don't give it much thought personally.

Hi Scott

I see ya, but in the bible the number 7 takes on a very key roll in the salvation of mankind.
It describes the conditions by which Christ had to endure in those 7 day creation story all in one day.

This might be a bit to heavy a subject, but I would surely keep an eye on such information because later on you will run into it again.

Peace>>>AJ