• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What evidence is there that the Koran is the word of God?

I've been telling you as have others, that all of your "evidence" is completely subjective. You find the book to be some fantastic piece of work unequaled in human history, I find that it's disjointed drivel therefore your evidence is refuted. The same with your miraculous scientific examples, provide the meanings for these passages before "science" caught up. Because for 1200yrs those passages meant something completely different, either that or they don't mean what is claimed they mean now. Which also means that the Qu'ran has changed.

Back up your claims sonny, and make "a chapter like it". Go study Arabic for 30 years, gather some Arab Christians or whoever that speaks Arabic well, call upon your gods or gather some scientists and Arabic authors, etc.

If you manage to produce a chapter like it, I will convert to the religion of your choice.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Because it doesn't mean anything.

i challenge you to make a better statement which will describe in a short sentence
the day and night phenomenon as desribed in the verse bellow.

We know that night is opposing the day all the time,the verse say

((Allah causeth the revolution (flipping) of the day and the night))

Describe the day night phenomenon better than god,then you are the winner.

One word is enough for the wise

if you cant,and will not able to do so,then dont waste our time for just pointless arguments

beerisit

Yes done and dusted, but just so you know the Earth doesn't "flip" it rotates. You can flip a coin you can't flip a sphere. So I guess your god got something else wrong.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes done and dusted, but just so you know the Earth doesn't "flip" it rotates. You can flip a coin you can't flip a sphere. So I guess your god got something else wrong.

You didnt even understand the verse,we are talking about day and night that it
seems as revolving around the earth while opposing each other.

We arent talking about why and the cause for the day night phenomenon,but we are
describing the phenomenon,so again describe it better than god.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Yes already did, read it.

So you failed to make a better statement and you will not able to do so,
for us to believer,we need to have a faith,and if you dont have,then if
god came to you by himself at night saying i am god,then you will say,what
a nightmare,that was a ghost.

Why you are worried about the muslims,they do believe that the koran was sent by
god without even any science or any miracles,for you,dont believe on it,thats of
course up to you,so better for you to enjoy your time for better things to do,because
i am afraid you are wasting your time,because muslims understand very well how miraculous is the holy book.

if you have an evidence,then show it to us,you will be a hero,because never one were
able to find one mistake inside the koran.

beerisit

I'm not the one trying to prove that the Qu'ran comes from God, that would be you and the others. I am merely pointing out why this alleged evidence is not in the least convincing. It's wonderful that you can be convinced so easily but I'm afraid it would take a lot more to convince me. If you don't want my comments regarding these incessant attempts by Muslims to prove their book is special, then just stop trying to prove it with "evidence" that does no such thing. Your evidence is evidence only for Muslims, I don't think anybody else believes it. Unfortunately Muslims keep harping on about this stuff as if everyone should believe it. I'm just saying that what is so positively proof to you just doesn't impress people like me.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
I'm not the one trying to prove that the Qu'ran comes from God, that would be you and the others. I am merely pointing out why this alleged evidence is not in the least convincing. It's wonderful that you can be convinced so easily but I'm afraid it would take a lot more to convince me. If you don't want my comments regarding these incessant attempts by Muslims to prove their book is special, then just stop trying to prove it with "evidence" that does no such thing. Your evidence is evidence only for Muslims, I don't think anybody else believes it. Unfortunately Muslims keep harping on about this stuff as if everyone should believe it. I'm just saying that what is so positively proof to you just doesn't impress people like me.

Muslims show only what is their believe and no one asked you to be impressed.

They are doing so because the prophet mohammed pbuh have gathered muslims
before his death which called the last sermon which the people have know that
he is saying to them good bye and that he is going to leave the world which makes
them crying and even who know him by reading the history will love him,he said:

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and TAKE THIS WORDS TO THOSE WHO COULD NOT BE PRESENT HERE TODAY

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your LORD, and that HE will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery

O People, listen to me in earnest, whorship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. YOU ARE ALL EQUAL. NOBODY HAS SUPERIORITY OVER OTHER EXCEPT BY PIETY AND GOOD ACTION.

Remember, one day you will appear before ALLAH and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, NO PROPHET OR APOSTLE WILL COME AFTER ME AND NO NEW FAITH WILL BE BORN. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the QUR'AN and my example, the SUNNAH and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me direcly. BE MY WITNESS O ALLAH THAT I HAVE CONVEYED YOUR MESSAGE TO YOUR PEOPLE."

Reference : Internet History Sourcebooks Project

beerisit

trruth said:
Muslims show only what is their believe and no one asked you to be impressed.
The Muslims in this thread have very much been trying to impress everybody, I've just been trying to tell you that many of us are not impressed by the Qu'ran. I have no problem with the fact that you believe in the Qu'ran just don't expect others to be in awe of it. If you believe that the Qu'ran is absolutely awesome good on you, using that belief to prove the divinity of the Qu'ran just doesn't work.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
The Muslims in this thread have very much been trying to impress everybody, I've just been trying to tell you that many of us are not impressed by the Qu'ran. I have no problem with the fact that you believe in the Qu'ran just don't expect others to be in awe of it. If you believe that the Qu'ran is absolutely awesome good on you, using that belief to prove the divinity of the Qu'ran just doesn't work.

So you can ignore it as well as the others who arent impressed by it,and if you want to help showing them that they were wrong on their believe then it will be very nice
that you could show them an evidence that their book contain mistakes.

if there is a movie which i dont like.then i will turn to another channel or turn off the tv.

Marble

Rolling Marble
I look forward to reading comments from readers.
I don't think that any text can be proven to be the word of God.
Three Lines that Changed the World: The Inimitability of the Shortest Chapter in the Quran

Here are some parts from around the beginning:

Verily We have given to you the abundance
So pray to your Lord and sacrifice
Indeed your enemy is the one who is cut off

Chapter al-Kawthar (The Abundance) is the smallest chapter in the Qur’an consisting of only three lines. From a linguistic, literary, theological, rational and ideological point of view this chapter has the utmost significance.
Excuse me, but I do not see any significance in these lines:
Okay that's clear, God gives all the good things
Sacrifice what?
Cut off from what: the abundance, the grace of God, heaven?
Why does a follower of God have enemies, isn't he a friend to all creatures?
Why does God give abundance to one sort of people (the Muslims I take it) but not to others, doesn't he love all people equal?
Who says its a word of GOD, i have read otherwise.

The Quran Verses 58:19-21(known as Satanic Verses) are attributed to Satan!

Sahih Bukhari Book 024, Number 5279: Abu Huraira reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: The bell is the musical instrument of the Satan.

Sahih Bukhari Book 1, Number 2: Narrated ‘Aisha: (the mother of the faithful believers) Al-Harith bin Hisham asked Allah’s Apostle “O Allah’s Apostle! How is the Divine Inspiration revealed to you?” Allah’s Apostle replied, “Sometimes it is (revealed) like the ringing of a bell, this form of Inspiration is the hardest of all and then this state passes ‘ off after I have grasped what is inspired

And most important to note that Allah says, “I start with name of Allah”!
This means that the author of Quran is someone other than Allah.
if Quran was direct message of Allah spoken to Muhammad, there is no reason for Allah to say that, “I start with name of Allah!”.

That is my POV
The usual reason given is that Mohammed was an illiterate unlearned man who was unlikely to have invented the highly poetic and divine passages in the Koran.
I don't speak/read any Arabic, but I would like to ask a question about this language.
I heard that there are actually 3 kinds of Arabic:
1.) Quranic Arabic, a rather archaic & primitive language
2.) Arabiyya, the refined Arabic that developed when Islamic civilizations were at ther high
3.) Modern Arabic
Is this true?

keroghee

I don't speak/read any Arabic, but I would like to ask a question about this language.
I heard that there are actually 3 kinds of Arabic:
1.) Quranic Arabic, a rather archaic & primitive language
2.) Arabiyya, the refined Arabic that developed when Islamic civilizations were at ther high
3.) Modern Arabic
Is this true?
No it's only 2 kinds:
1) Normal or primitive Arabic that was used all over the history and in the qur'an
2)Local dialects this one differ from Arab country to another and it has appeared in the modern age and its spoken only and not written. it's basically, Arabic but not obeying some pronouncing laws and have some different modern vocabulary.
The 1st kind is used in writing,TV,formal speeches...etc
while the second is used when hanging out with friends, in jokes, daily life....
Every Arab can speak the first kind and his country's version of the second kind.

Marble

Rolling Marble
No it's only 2 kinds:
1) Normal or primitive Arabic that was used all over the history and in the qur'an
2)Local dialects this one differ from Arab country to another and it has appeared in the modern age and its spoken only and not written. it's basically, Arabic but not obeying some pronouncing laws and have some different modern vocabulary.
while the second is used when hanging out with friends, in jokes, daily life....
Every Arab can speak the first kind and his country's version of the second kind.
Thank you. :namaste

F0uad

No it's only 2 kinds:

Disagrees

Normal is not the same as ''Primitive Arabic'' the Quresih Arabic ''without vowels'' was certainly different then the ''Normal'' Arabic we speak now, if we were to learn ''Old-Arabic or primitive Arabic'' we need to go to special schools for those.

Ps: Not every arabic can speak the first one and there is just a limited number who know ''Classical Arabic'' or even ''Qureish arabic (Quran)''

Marble

Rolling Marble
Disagrees

Normal is not the same as ''Primitive Arabic'' the Quresih Arabic ''without vowels'' was certainly different then the ''Normal'' Arabic we speak now, if we were to learn ''Old-Arabic or primitive Arabic'' we need to go to special schools for those.

Ps: Not every arabic can speak the first one and there is just a limited number who know ''Classical Arabic'' or even ''Qureish arabic (Quran)''
When Muslims read the Quran, do you read it in modern Arabic?

crocusj

i challenge you to make a better statement which will describe in a short sentence

if you cant,and will not able to do so,then dont waste our time for just pointless arguments
Dusk...dawn. Do I win?

Lol, nobody cares if you're impressed or not.

The Muslim's duty is to inform others of the message, if they don't accept then that is between them and their Creator and they will taste the fruits of what they earned.

Secondly, somebody here asked for evidence -> We gave the evidence -> you say it's nonsense but cannot refute it.

:facepalm:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Originally Posted by trruth

Dusk...dawn. Do I win?

Lol, night...morning
You did nothing,you see,we cant make the perfect word ,
the one word in arabic "yuqalib" means keep in revolving while in opposite sides"flipping",
that one amazing word,tell it all

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse me, but I do not see any significance in these lines:
Okay that's clear, God gives all the good things
Sacrifice what?
Cut off from what: the abundance, the grace of God, heaven?
Why does a follower of God have enemies, isn't he a friend to all creatures?
Why does God give abundance to one sort of people (the Muslims I take it) but not to others, doesn't he love all people equal?

Those verses are just an example that the writer of the article used.

Pray and sacrifice to God alone, such as when you're sacrificing or slaughtering an animal, pronounce God's name over it and feed the poor with it, share with others, etc.

Yes, a follower of God does have enemies. The enemies of God are the enemies of the followers of God. Especially in prophet Muhammad's (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), he had many enemies who constantly stoned him and made his life miserable.

No, all people are not equal. Like prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:

"O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action (Taqwa). Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character (Taqwa)."

And Allah (Subhana wa Ta'ala) said (translation of meaning):

"Is one whose heart Allah has opened to Islam, so that he has received Enlightenment from Allah, (no better than one hard-hearted)? Woe to those whose hearts are hardened against celebrating the praises of Allah! they are manifestly wandering (in error)!"
[ 39:22 ]

This has less to do with the miracle of the Quran and evidence that it's Word of God but you should read the articles for that.