• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What IF McCain Wins? What Will You Do?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
So anyone who disagrees with you is stupid and evil?
The argument that we are safer because we haven't been attacked on U.S. soil since 9/11 IS stupid, Rick.

It is so obviously logically flawed, as many people here have pointed out.

I'm not saying that you are stupid, but I am saying that this particular argument of yours is stupid.

The course of actions that this country has taken, invading a sovereign country, destroying their infrastructure, securing the oil fields while allowing their museums of art and antiquities to be looted, killing civilians, torturing prisoners, disrupting the balance of power in the region, and thus strengthening Iran, sending our own to kill and die for naught, and not giving them proper support while there and when they are back - all of that IS evil.

Again, not calling you personally evil, but I am saying that the policies that you support are evil.

No way to call them anything other than stupid and evil without changing the meanings of those words.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
That wouldnt surprise me either..To be quite honest..Im not sure Im even going to vote..I dont beleive Obama will win Texas..But I do believe he will win the election..and I think Im more comfortable with him than with McCain..

Love

Dallas

If you're unsure that you'll even vote, why bother voicing your opinion at all? Doesn't your vote for Obama, solidify your support of Obama?

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I'm likely one of the few on RF who will be casting a vote FOR McCain/Palin. Naturally, I'll be relieved if they win but at this point, it would greatly surprise me if they did.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If you're unsure that you'll even vote, why bother voicing your opinion at all? Doesn't your vote for Obama, solidify your support of Obama?

Because I have decided to vote for one..(I had to get my registration fixed there was a problem)...And besides that..I can voice my opinion if I want to..

I was thinking Obama won't win Texas anyway so why waste my time..Then I decided thats the wrong way to look at it..

So now is it O.K with you for me to express my opinion?

Love

Dallas

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Because I have decided to vote for one..(I had to get my registration fixed there was a problem)...And besides that..I can voice my opinion if I want to..

I was thinking Obama won't win Texas anyway so why waste my time..Then I decided thats the wrong way to look at it..

So now is it O.K with you for me to express my opinion?

Love

Dallas

I apologize if the "tone" of my post was offensive. My intent wasn't to offend you.

You stated that you weren't sure if you would vote...and I asked for clarification, out of curiosity.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I apologize if the "tone" of my post was offensive.

You stated that you weren't sure if you would vote. I simply questioned you.

No biggie..

I wanted to answer your question..

And I did say I wasnt "sure"..Which never meant I was sure I wasnt..

I had to decide..

And then I had to try and fix my voters registration..Because several years ago I recieved a letter saying "due to my recent felony conviction my voters register was cancelled"...

The only problem with that..is I was never convitced of a felony..I wasnt even arrested for one for that matter..I called them..they said "send a letter " and we will fix it...I never did...

I filled out the paperwork last week to apply for a new "card"..But even if that doesnt come in on time..I believe I can register on the spot at the voting office with my drivers liscence..

anyway..just a little background..

Love

Dallas

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
No biggie..

I wanted to answer your question..

And I did say I wasnt "sure"..Which never meant I was sure I wasnt..

I had to decide..

And then I had to try and fix my voters registration..Because several years ago I recieved a letter saying "due to my recent felony conviction my voters register was cancelled"...

The only problem with that..is I was never convitced of a felony..I wasnt even arrested for one for that matter..I called them..they said "send a letter " and we will fix it...I never did...

I filled out the paperwork last week to apply for a new "card"..But even if that doesnt come in on time..I believe I can register on the spot at the voting office with my drivers liscence..

anyway..just a little background..

Love

Dallas

Gotcha. And again, my apologies.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Obama will bring us to the end. Is anyone concerned of this?

What concerns me is that some people are actually stupid enough to believe in the so called "end times" and that Obama will somehow bring it about just because he doesn't kneel to the Christian Fundamentalists.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
What concerns me is that some people are actually stupid enough to believe in the so called "end times" and that Obama will somehow bring it about just because he doesn't kneel to the Christian Fundamentalists.
But FH, if you believe in the End Times and the rapture and all that, don't you WANT them to come?

So that you can go to heaven and the goats can be cast into hell?

So if you believe that Obama will bring us to the End Times, shouldn't you not only vote for him but convince all of your other dispensationalist friends to vote for him as well?

doppelganger

Through the Looking Glass
So if you believe that Obama will bring us to the End Times, shouldn't you not only vote for him but convince all of your other dispensationalist friends to vote for him as well?

I was thinking the same thing. If you really believe the Obama is the Antichrist, seems like you would be all for him winning to help usher in the End Times so you'd soon be able to enjoy watching your "God" torture and kill people after the Rapture.

Who knew the Christian God could have so much in common with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
doppelgänger;1320157 said:
Who knew the Christian God could have so much in common with the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man?
Well duh, Dopp. Haven't you seen the paintings? They're both big and white. :p

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member

Anyone who thinks differently is automatically stupid right?

Everyone should be a certain way or they are dumb.

This is the mentality of a 14 year old FH.

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
Because humoring and paying lip service to faux religious and patriotic sentiments is so much more important than economic stability, equality, social justice, civil liberties, human rights, etc..

Thanks for making assumptions!

Yes, I feel that McCain is a better representative of Christian values. When I leave home in the morning, I don't leave my sprituality at the door. It's an embedded part of what makes me...me.

With that said, I don't consider McCain to be a Saint. Neither he nor Obama truly impress me and neither really represent me.

I think it stinks that you assume I don't give a rat's rear about civil liberties, social justice, equality, human rights, etc. I do. But there's so many issues to examine. I don't think it irrational that I prioritize which issues mean the most to me and vote for the candidate that represents my feelings on those issues. Whichever way I vote, I'm making sacrifices.

Ultimately, I have to ask myself. Do I want a lot of government or not a lot of government? And because I'm far less intimidated by smaller government, I will be relieved if McCain takes office.

Last edited:

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The problem isn't thinking differently, but not thinking at all. Mythology and politics is a dangerous mix.

I try to keep the two seperate and then someone mentions that I am a Reverend like we all have to vote the same or something.

Now if someone kills Barrack and he comes back to life or he asks me to take some kind of mark or chip..........