• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each other's religion?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Oneness of religion is a Baha'i belief but so is love a teaching of Christianity.
The wrath of God is also a teaching of Christianity. You seem to be rejecting that teaching.

Or mindfulness of Buddhism.
The Noble Eightfold Path is also a teaching of Buddhism. You seem to be rejecting (or at least not caring about) big chunks of that teaching.

Humanity is the centrepiece here and stands to gain by such principles.
The centrepiece of this thread is cartoon versions of religions you don't believe in.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Women are given the utmost consideration in Baha'i laws. Like if there is not enough money to educate both children between a male and a female the female takes precedence as she is the future mother. She is to receive education above the male.

"If there is not money enough in a family to educate both the girl and the boy the money must be dedicated to the girl’s education, for she is the potential mother." Abdul-Baha

Where is that discrimination against the woman?
That particular example is discrimination against the boy, which is still discrimination on the basis of gender.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
and we would still be killing each other over what god wants only now we all accept the same god. nothing would change just the context

The Baha'i World Community is different in that it has one central authority to which everyone turns. In all the major faiths successorship is a problem. For instance Muslims have no central Body to which to turn to neither do Christians so they are split into conflicting sects. Bahai's have the Universal House of Justice in Haifa Israel on the slopes of Mount Carmel.
49742a065a462f01e641d6999d2f9fd0.jpg

spirit_of_dawn

The Baha'i World Community is different in that it has one central authority to which everyone turns. In all the major faiths successorship is a problem. For instance Muslims have no central Body to which to turn to neither do Christians so they are split into conflicting sects. Bahai's have the Universal House of Justice in Haifa Israel on the slopes of Mount Carmel.
49742a065a462f01e641d6999d2f9fd0.jpg

No you don't. You are split into many sects. The UHJ in Israel belongs to the Haifan Bah'ai order. Other Baha'i denominations don't accept its authority.

Furthermore, Baha'ism is plagued with problems in matter of successorship: From usurping Muhammad Ali's rights by Abdu'l-Baha to a UHJ without a Guardian that according to Baha'i scripture has no authority or credibility. You can make all sorts of outrageous claims about the Haifan Baha'i order but they will always remain as fiction.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No you don't. You are split into many sects. The UHJ in Israel belongs to the Haifan Bah'ai order. Other Baha'i denominations don't accept it as authority.

Furthermore, Baha'ism is plagued with problems in matter of successorship: From usurping Muhammad Ali's rights by ABdu'l-Baha to a UHJ without a Guardian that according to Baha'i scripture has no authority or credibility. You can make all sorts of outrageous claims about the Haifan Baha'i order but they will always remain as fiction.

Laughable. Clearly not from someone who knows about the Baha'i Faith!

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
No you don't. You are split into many sects. The UHJ in Israel belongs to the Haifan Bah'ai order. Other Baha'i denominations don't accept its authority.

Furthermore, Baha'ism is plagued with problems in matter of successorship: From usurping Muhammad Ali's rights by Abdu'l-Baha to a UHJ without a Guardian that according to Baha'i scripture has no authority or credibility. You can make all sorts of outrageous claims about the Haifan Baha'i order but they will always remain as fiction.

That's pure nonsense. You give religious status to a website!! How laughable.

spirit_of_dawn

Laughable. Clearly not from someone who knows about the Baha'i Faith!

Trying to laugh it off after your false statements have been exposed. Here have some fun with the non-Haifan order Baha'i sects such as:

http://www.orthodoxbahai.com/
http://www.unitarianbahai.org/

The Haifan sect and in fact all other sects lack credibility because the Baha'i principle of the existence of a Guardian failed miserably and the first and last Guardian Shoghi effendi died without leaving behind any children due to being sterile.

Now laugh all you want because in case you haven't realized the joke is on you.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Trying to laugh it off after your false statements have been exposed. Here have some fun with the non-Haifan order Baha'i sects such as:

http://www.orthodoxbahai.com/
http://www.unitarianbahai.org/

The Haifan sect and in fact all other sects lack credibility because the Baha'i principle of the existence of a Guardian failed miserably and the first and last Guardian Shoghi effendi died without leaving behind any children due to being sterile.

Now laugh all you want because in case you haven't realized the joke is on you.

These people are just a website nothing else. Not worth mentioning.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
And you are just a username... not worth debating...

If you want to quote websites as a religion you need to back it up with proof of their multitude of followers and that they have all of the Holy Writings in their possession, the originals, and where are their Houses of Worship and buildings? Where are their keys to the Holy Baha'i Shrines in Akka and Haifa? No authority has been given to them by anyone except by themselves.

I can show you the people, the buildings and also they condemn even Shoghi Effendi who they say was infallible but yet they say 26 people he appointed became apostates. How on the one hand can they claim he was infallible then say he made such an error of judgment as to appoint 26 Judases. Even Christ only had one apostle go astray but they are saying Shoghi Effendi appointed 26 by mistake. They don't use the word mistake but what they are saying is that Shoghi Effendi made 26 errors of judgment which contradicts their belief in him as the infallible Guardian. I told some of them this and they said that they realised they were wrong and wanted to come back and never heard from them again.

They are confused and only after worldly gain.

spirit_of_dawn

If you want to quote websites as a religion you need to back it up with proof of their multitude of followers and that they have all of the Holy Writings in their possession, the originals, and where are their Houses of Worship and buildings? Where are their keys to the Holy Baha'i Shrines in Akka and Haifa? No authority has been given to them by anyone except by themselves.

I can show you the people, the buildings and also they condemn even Shoghi Effendi who they say was infallible but yet they say 26 people he appointed became apostates. How on the one hand can they claim he was infallible then say he made such an error of judgment as to appoint 26 Judases. Even Christ only had one apostle go astray but they are saying Shoghi Effendi appointed 26 by mistake. They don't use the word mistake but what they are saying is that Shoghi Effendi made 26 errors of judgment which contradicts their belief in him as the infallible Guardian. I told some of them this and they said that they realised they were wrong and wanted to come back and never heard from them again.

They are confused and only after worldly gain.

I'm sorry I don't debate with people who think a whole group of folks who have belief in a faith that is not in line with his are a mere "website". Have a good day.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I'm sorry I don't debate with people who think a whole group of folks who have belief in a faith that is not in line with his are a mere "website". Have a good day.

This is a complete backdown because you cannot produce any evidence they are a religion.

If you could you would have done so. They are attacking a religion and you support that? Yet you claim to be offended that we say they are on,y a website.

So it's ok for them to attack the Baha'i Faith? And it's ok for you too? But it's not ok for us to defend ourselves. That's fair and just?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Another thing is you go to any official Baha'i website you will never see us attacking any other beliefs.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
All I've done is defend my own beliefs. You brought up those other sites not me.
I didn't bring up any sites. I think you have me confused with another poster.

Even if you think your attacks have been justified, a justified attack is still an attack.

... and everyone thinks that their actions are justified. Nobody is the villain of their own autobiography.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
I didn't bring up any sites. I think you have me confused with another poster.

Even if you think your attacks have been justified, a justified attack is still an attack.

... and everyone thinks that their actions are justified. Nobody is the villain of their own autobiography.

Whoever it was I have the right of defending what we believe. If it wasn't you I apologise. As I said my focus has been on the Baha'i a Faith not other sites and I only replied to the person who was trying to discredit our Faith using detractors. Other than that I'm not interested in mentioning them.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
You weren't defending yourself when you attacked other religions right in your first post of the thread, calling them "man made dogmas and interpretations."

That's not an attack on anyone. It's just what the Baha'i Faith doesn't believe in that applies only to us. Others can believe whatever they want.