• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each other's religion?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No ones putting down any religion. We accept God and the spiritual and moral teachings of all these Faiths including Buddhism and Hinduism. So we fully believe in Krishna and Buddha as equal to Baha'u'llah and Christ. We don't make any distinction between them.

REALLY? You don't think what you said about Pagan religions is a put down?

" We believe in God so it's unreasonable to expect things like paganism to be upheld"

SO, - ALL but your patriarchal religions, are false, and have no belief in God?

And you don't think they are going to find that offensive?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The Bahai standards are of the highest calling for man to overcome his animal nature and become a true spiritual being as he was meant to be........

"He is My true follower who, if he come to a valley of pure gold will pass straight through it aloof as a cloud, and will neither turn back, nor pause. Such a man is assuredly of Me. From his garment the Concourse on high can inhale the fragrance of sanctity... And if he met the fairest and most comely of women, he would not feel his heart seduced by the least shadow of desire for her beauty." - Baha'u'llah

The highest overcoming of his animal nature for the male,- would be overcoming patriarchy and feelings of a God given male superiority over women, gay folks, etc.

Baha'i haven't done that yet.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Which again skirts the actual question!

How about answering it?

Obviously I was using "monk" in the no sex sense.

This is from the House of Justice regarding this matter..

To regard homosexuals with prejudice and disdain would be entirely against the spirit of Bahá'í Teachings. The doors are open for all of humanity to enter the Cause of God, irrespective of their present circumstances; this invitation applies to homosexuals as well as to any others who are engaged in practices contrary to the Bahá'í Teachings.

Associated with this invitation is the expectation that all believers will make a sincere and persistent effort to eradicate those aspects of their conduct which are not in conformity with Divine Law. It is through such adherence to the Bahá'í Teachings that a true and enduring unity of the diverse elements of the Bahá'í Community is achieved and safeguarded.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Mormons are very good people with many wonderful principles. I love to meet them and have them in my home. We believe Joseph Smith was a reformer.

Which again doesn't answer the question.

Do you folks place Mormons and Catholics in that "pagan" category? Not part of your ONE God family?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Which again doesn't answer the question.

Do you folks place Mormons and Catholics in that "pagan" category? Not part of your ONE God family?

No. We do not consider Catholicism or Mormonism pagan. We accept many of the Catholic and Mormon beliefs ourselves.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
The highest overcoming of his animal nature for the male,- would be overcoming patriarchy and feelings of a God given male superiority over women, gay folks, etc.

Baha'i haven't done that yet.

There's a long way to go. We are not perfect.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN

To regard homosexuals with prejudice and disdain would be entirely against the spirit of Bahá'í Teachings. The doors are open for all of humanity to enter the Cause of God, irrespective of their present circumstances; this invitation applies to homosexuals as well as to any others who are engaged in practices contrary to the Bahá'í Teachings.

Associated with this invitation is the expectation that all believers will make a sincere and persistent effort to eradicate those aspects of their conduct which are not in conformity with Divine Law. It is through such adherence to the Bahá'í Teachings that a true and enduring unity of the diverse elements of the Bahá'í Community is achieved and safeguarded.

In other words as I said.

You expect them to either stay away, - or become "monks" suppressing their homosexuality.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

" We believe in God so it's unreasonable to expect things like paganism to be upheld"

The Bahai teaching of the oneness of humanity includes every person on the planet including pagans.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

So the reasonable answer is sanctimonious claptrap? Seriously?

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
No. We do not consider Catholicism or Mormonism pagan. We accept many of the Catholic and Mormon beliefs ourselves.

Since they aren't actually accepted by your religion, - then what category do you put them in?

Are they over there with the homosexuals? Expected to change in order to actually join the group?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
In other words as I said.

You expect them to either stay away, - or become "monks" suppressing their homosexuality.

They have the choice to join and try to abide by Bahai laws or to not join. So the choice is always there.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Since they aren't actually accepted by your religion, - then what category do you put them in?

Are they over there with the homosexuals? Expected to change in order to actually join the group?

Equal fellow human beings. Fellow religionists. Many Catholics and Baha'is work together on social projects.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
The Bahai teaching of the oneness of humanity includes every person on the planet including pagans.

Which again skirts the question. Let me repeat.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
They have the choice to join and try to abide by Bahai laws or to not join. So the choice is always there.

Which again skirts the subject.

Like most patriarchal religions, - Baha'i expect homosexuals to be "monks" - suppressing their feelings and love, - to be considered worthy of being Baha'i.

This is just plain wrong.

Time to kick patriarchy and its stance on homosexuals and women.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

We don't practise paganism as we believe in one God but we have good friends who practise paganism. No offense was intended.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Yes, indeed, but your ideas are 150 years out of date and yet you want to lead the world into a better tomorrow. Good luck on that.

The ground breaking, cutting edge teachings are not the laws but the spirit of the Baha'is. They have a force with them capable of transforming the world. The spirit of oneness is so beautiful it's irresistible even by the Faith's avowed enemies. Don't ever come in too close contact with this Faith or its teachings and people or you'll find it irresistible. I fought. And struggled not to join it. I opposed the Bahai Faith with all my might and yet I couldn't resist it's spirit of love and oneness that many are yet to experience. That was 40 years ago. I still to this day never agree that I am worthy to be in this Faith. This kind of spirit can easily stop a hundred wars and unite a hundred world's. It's only a matter of time.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member

No offense was meant or intended. Maybe I could have worded it better. Live and learn. Thanks for pointing that out.