• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What if we accepted each others Religion?

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The spiritual teachings the virtues are taught by all religions and they can be accepted by anyone. The laws and social teachings differ according to the age and the people they were given to. So it’s easy to accept the Quran and Muhammad just not the interpretations and man made doctrines.
The Scriptures of all the different religions are more than just telling people to be nice and loving and those other virtues. And the Scriptures do more than give some social laws and rules. Scriptures tell the story of things that supposedly happened. Baha'is don't believe many of those stories. So, it's not just "interpretations" and "man made" doctrines that Baha'is don't believe.

Then... Baha'is only recognize a few religions... the major religions. But they never talk about all the several religions that people have believed in and followed. They too promoted virtues and had social laws. They had their stories of Gods and God/men. And they had stories of the afterlife.

Why don't Baha'is talk about them? Do Baha'is believe they were true? Or do Baha'is believe those religions were false and man made?

I'll give you the usual ones I mention and you can comment on them specifically. The religion of the Greeks. Romans, Egyptians, and Aztecs.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
Why don't Baha'is talk about them? Do Baha'is believe they were true? Or do Baha'is believe those religions were false and man made?

I'll give you the usual ones I mention and you can comment on them specifically. The religion of the Greeks. Romans, Egyptians, and Aztecs.
@loverofhumanity did talk about them.

It is covered by their fruits you will know them. The divide between God given morals and virtues and what men choose is vastly different, there is an observable distinction in every age, as God renews those values and morals.

I am contemplating a religious discussion on true and false prophets. It will not be in a debate thread. I will notify you when started.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
@loverofhumanity did talk about them.

It is covered by their fruits you will know them. The divide between God given morals and virtues and what men choose is vastly different, there is an observable distinction in every age, as God renews those values and morals.

I am contemplating a religious discussion on true and false prophets. It will not be in a debate thread. I will notify you when started.

Regards Tony
No religion is with out some "bad apples".

But what was so wrong with the Greek, Roman, Egyptian and Aztec religions? Did they teach that good people will be reward and evil people punished? Did they teach people to love and respect their Gods? And if you say that they worshipped multiple Gods, then why are Baha'is okay with Hinduism?

Maybe you might say that these religions had teachings and myths that just weren't true. And how is that different than... Let's say.... Christianity?

A virgin born God/man that dies and rises again?

I'm sure you can find good things in those other religions if you really wanted to... Along with a bunch of strange beliefs and teachings.... Just like with most all other religions.

TransmutingSoul

One Planet, One People, Please!
Premium Member
No religion is with out some "bad apples
I see the is applicable to the Messengers as they are the Good Tree that produces the good fruit that the rest of us eat from, in turn we are planted and bear fruit accordingly to how much we partake of that fruit.

A bad tree, producing bad fruit, is a false prophet. We become that tree if we take what is of God's and make it our own, without the authority to do so.

This comes back that the person and life of the Messengers is the best fruit.

Regards Tony

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
This comes back that the person and life of the Messengers is the best fruit.
Does any religion other than Baha'is makes "manifestations/messengers" out of Adam, Noah, and Abraham? And as I always mention, even Moses wasn't perfect. The Baha'i Faith by making them "manifestations" is claiming they were "perfect" reflections of God, that they all brought a book and started a new religion.

I know in the way Baha'is interpret things, anything is possible. But by the story of these people in the Bible, I see no reason why they should be thought of a "manifestations" of God.

But, of course, it's your religion and your beliefs, so you have to pretend that the are true. But so do "true believers" in any religion. Yet, they all contradict each other. But I agree, in spite of weird beliefs, they all have done a lot of good.... "good" fruit. But all of them have done some bad stuff too.

But do Baha'is really accept all religions? Even with the major religions, there are some beliefs and doctrines that the Baha'i Faith believes to be false.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Does any religion other than Baha'is makes "manifestations/messengers" out of Adam, Noah, and Abraham? And as I always mention, even Moses wasn't perfect. The Baha'i Faith by making them "manifestations" is claiming they were "perfect" reflections of God, that they all brought a book and started a new religion.

I know in the way Baha'is interpret things, anything is possible. But by the story of these people in the Bible, I see no reason why they should be thought of a "manifestations" of God.

But, of course, it's your religion and your beliefs, so you have to pretend that the are true. But so do "true believers" in any religion. Yet, they all contradict each other. But I agree, in spite of weird beliefs, they all have done a lot of good.... "good" fruit. But all of them have done some bad stuff too.

But do Baha'is really accept all religions? Even with the major religions, there are some beliefs and doctrines that the Baha'i Faith believes to be false.
That is a very good point.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
Ooo. Zinger! Zinger?
Well, he's got you there. I think? But what is this "new creation"? If there are still people that don't accept it, then what's so "new" about it?

It's still some new religion making all kinds of unsupported claims of a God that has sent a new messenger to show us the way.

Has any religion brought such a perfect message that everybody in the world could say, "Now that's the Truth"?

Even Baha'is don't "embrace" the other religions. They tell us all the things wrong with the past messages.

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
That is a very good point.
Of course, it's there beliefs. They have to show how God sent several "manifestations" that brought new teachings from God. They call it "progressive" revelation.

And it's kind of there with Christianity. The Jewish message was given to show people that they couldn't save themselves through the "works" of the Law. And now with Jesus, there was a way to be saved.

And then Islam builds off of that. And then the Bab and Baha'u'llah build off of that. Or, in some ways, tears down some of the beliefs.

But they don't see it as "tearing" down the beliefs of the past religions, but rather, correcting misconceptions and misinterpretations of the past religions. Like... those people that take some of the Bible stories literally? Wrong, Baha'is say they were meant to be taken symbolically.

So, the Creation Story, the Flood, God speaking from heaven, Jesus coming back to life, Satan and hell... all symbolic.

Which makes the foundation of truth Christians thought they were building, wasn't. For Baha'is taking the Bible literally is the wrong thing to do. The correct way to interpret the Bible is to see the "spiritual" symbolic meaning in all those stories.

Anyway, I hope that helps you to understand where they are coming from. So, when they say they believe in Jesus, they honestly believe that. But it's a Jesus as defined by their religion. And, for them, that's the real Jesus. The Christian beliefs about Jesus aren't true.

Which makes it strange that they want people to accept the religions of other people. When they themselves change the beliefs of the other religions to fit their beliefs.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The Scriptures of all the different religions are more than just telling people to be nice and loving and those other virtues. And the Scriptures do more than give some social laws and rules. Scriptures tell the story of things that supposedly happened. Baha'is don't believe many of those stories. So, it's not just "interpretations" and "man made" doctrines that Baha'is don't believe.

Then... Baha'is only recognize a few religions... the major religions. But they never talk about all the several religions that people have believed in and followed. They too promoted virtues and had social laws. They had their stories of Gods and God/men. And they had stories of the afterlife.

You mention peoples but not the religions. I believe the divinely revealed religions contain the best guidance for humanity but that doesn’t mean other religions do not exert a good influence on society. Any religion or philosophy which promotes the well being of others has merit and is acceptable. Humanitarians are one group which promotes noble ideas and principles. So as Baha’is we work together with any group which seeks to improve the life and condition of others.

ChatwithGod

ChatwithGod.ai
Embracing diversity in faith enriches our understanding and fosters peace. As Jesus taught, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Mark 12:31), this principle resonates across many religions, promoting unity and respect.

YoursTrue

Of course, it's there beliefs. They have to show how God sent several "manifestations" that brought new teachings from God. They call it "progressive" revelation.

And it's kind of there with Christianity. The Jewish message was given to show people that they couldn't save themselves through the "works" of the Law. And now with Jesus, there was a way to be saved.

And then Islam builds off of that. And then the Bab and Baha'u'llah build off of that. Or, in some ways, tears down some of the beliefs.

But they don't see it as "tearing" down the beliefs of the past religions, but rather, correcting misconceptions and misinterpretations of the past religions. Like... those people that take some of the Bible stories literally? Wrong, Baha'is say they were meant to be taken symbolically.

So, the Creation Story, the Flood, God speaking from heaven, Jesus coming back to life, Satan and hell... all symbolic.

Which makes the foundation of truth Christians thought they were building, wasn't. For Baha'is taking the Bible literally is the wrong thing to do. The correct way to interpret the Bible is to see the "spiritual" symbolic meaning in all those stories.

Anyway, I hope that helps you to understand where they are coming from. So, when they say they believe in Jesus, they honestly believe that. But it's a Jesus as defined by their religion. And, for them, that's the real Jesus. The Christian beliefs about Jesus aren't true.

Which makes it strange that they want people to accept the religions of other people. When they themselves change the beliefs of the other religions to fit their beliefs.
I can't account for every so-called messenger. There are, as mentioned, many who claim to receive messages. Including some here who say they communicate with the dead. I have seen nice enough answers from some but they don't strike me as realistic. But that's my viewpoint obviously not necessarily theirs. Do I believe the account in the Hebrew scriptures about Moses over the "message" sent to Bahaullah? I certainly do. Partially based on what I've learned about reality. Thank you for making some cogent and good points.

YoursTrue

Embracing diversity in faith enriches our understanding and fosters peace. As Jesus taught, "Love your neighbor as yourself" (Mark 12:31), this principle resonates across many religions, promoting unity and respect.
If I don't like somebody else's belief doesn't mean I should kill them, if that's what some believe.

Reactions: ppp

YoursTrue

Since I believe there is one true God your comment recalls to mind about Solomon, king of Israel. He deviated from true worship of the God of Israel and God did not "embrace" that.

ChatwithGod

ChatwithGod.ai
Since I believe there is one true God your comment recalls to mind about Solomon, king of Israel. He deviated from true worship of the God of Israel and God did not "embrace" that.
Solomon's story, especially in 1 Kings 11, teaches us about the importance of staying faithful. Despite his wisdom, Solomon's heart turned away because he compromised his beliefs.

ppp

Q
Well, he's got you there. I think? But what is this "new creation"? If there are still people that don't accept it, then what's so "new" about it?

It's still some new religion making all kinds of unsupported claims of a God that has sent a new messenger to show us the way.

Has any religion brought such a perfect message that everybody in the world could say, "Now that's the Truth"?

Even Baha'is don't "embrace" the other religions. They tell us all the things wrong with the past messages.
Like one of those boyfriends who keeps telling his girlfriend that he loves her, but spends the entire relationship tearing her down and talking smack about her.