• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What is your belief in regards to God?

What is your belief in regards to God?

• Total voters

jonathan180iq

Belief is knowledge, as it comes from God, and God is knowledge. I 'might' have told you that before. ;)
God told me to eat my toes.
I know that only those people who eat their own toes are the true believers because God is knowledge.

That argument doesnt seem to make sense, does it?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Life is my "object" of worship. I live it. God is not a term I would use but Im around mostly christians.

Without the word god, life still exists.

Entities, no: thats why Im an atheist not because of terminology but because I dont believe entities (actual gods not concepts of metaphors of them) exist.

REFRESH

Why the statement? Atheism is just part of my worldview: life without gods.

Nothing special.
God is life though. God is everything you see. Perhaps your understanding of God is not right.

Without the word God, you have no God. Without God, you have nothing.

jonathan180iq

Actually, we have all the same stuff, we just don't name it God and then imbue it with magical powers "beyond comprehension".

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Belief is knowledge, as it comes from God, and God is knowledge. I 'might' have told you that before. ;)

Ha. Belief is not knowledge.

I believe my mother is at work right now.

I call her on the phone "hey ma, you at work?"

"No. Im at home cooking"

My belief changes to knowledge.

Now I KNOW where she is. Belief not required.

We can believe whatever we want, but once we know something is true, dont need belief to confirm it.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God is life though. God is everything you see. Perhaps your understanding of God is not right.

Without the word God, you have no God. Without God, you have nothing.

I think you are placing your view of god on mine.

Here is my belief without using theistic terms.

Life exists even when Im dead. I live it now. Every part of the earth takes care of me because they too have life. Without them life, I would be dead.

This is just common sense. No sacred books, terms such as gods, consciousness, buddhanature, etc required to know you are alive and dependent on others to be so.

Robert.Evans

Ha. Belief is not knowledge.

I believe my mother is at work right now.

I call her on the phone "hey ma, you at work?"

"No. Im at home cooking"

My belief changes to knowledge.

Now I KNOW where she is. Belief not required.

We can believe whatever we want, but once we know something is true, dont need belief to confirm it.
That is true, but it does not negate what I said. Belief is from God, so belief in God is knowledge.

What was she cooking? ;)

Robert.Evans

I think you are placing your view of god on mine.

Here is my belief without using theistic terms.

Life exists even when Im dead. I live it now. Every part of the earth takes care of me because they too have life. Without them life, I would be dead.

This is just common sense. No sacred books, terms such as gods, consciousness, buddhanature, etc required to know you are alive and dependent on others to be so.
Life exists for who when you are dead? It will not exist for you, so how do you know it exists? How do you know whether your own life, your reality, does not die with you?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Nope. That is merely circular logic. And, I explained this to you several times. You have to support your claim that "God is knowledg" and we get our belief from God for this to actually mean something. You have failed to do this.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That is true, but it does not negate what I said. Belief is from God, so belief in God is knowledge.

What was she cooking? ;)

Lol dont "know". I believe she's at work right now since its a monday.

Pretend.

My belief came from God that my mother is at home cooking. I call her up and she's at work. Did God lie? Or was it simply that I can believe God said X even though I will not admit (no ego and pride) that it is true.

Believers believe.
God knows.

Difference. Right?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Life exists for who when you are dead? It will not exist for you, so how do you know it exists? How do you know whether your own life, your reality, does not die with you?

Your making this more complicated than it needs to be.

Life does not exists because I do. Its not depended on me. Anyone can pass away including me and life will continue.

Not from my point of view; Im dead. Just obiectively speaking.

prometheus11

Nope. Belief and knowledge are two separate things. I believe my cat will be alive when I get home, but I don't know it. I do know that I am currently wearing a blue shirt even if a colorblind person believes it is green.

Gambit

I am an agnostic theist because I believe in God, but I don't think that knowledge of God's existence is possible in this life. That is why I believe in God's existence, but I don't know whether God exists.

That you believe that knowledge of God's existence is impossible does not explain why you believe in God's existence.

Robert.Evans

Nope. That is merely circular logic. And, I explained this to you several times. You have to support your claim that "God is knowledg" and we get our belief from God for this to actually mean something. You have failed to do this.
I don't do it. God does it. That seems outside of your understanding.

Robert.Evans

Lol dont "know". I believe she's at work right now since its a monday.

Pretend.

My belief came from God that my mother is at home cooking. I call her up and she's at work. Did God lie? Or was it simply that I can believe God said X even though I will not admit (no ego and pride) that it is true.

Believers believe.
God knows.

Difference. Right?
When i spoke of belief, I mean belief in God, not other belief.

Robert.Evans

Nope. Belief and knowledge are two separate things. I believe my cat will be alive when I get home, but I don't know it. I do know that I am currently wearing a blue shirt even if a colorblind person believes it is green.
Belief in God is different to belief in a cat