• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which text from the Christian Bible uniquely proves that Jesus is Almighty God?

jimb

Premium Member
Somehow he left out the holy spirit persongod.
If you bother to read the Bible, you will see how ludicrous your post is.

John 15:26, "When the Advocate [the Holy Spirit ("persongod" in your words)] comes, whom I will send you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me."

Right there, in one verse, is the proof of the Trinity.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Jesus words are God's words!!! John 5:19, "So Jesus answered them, “I tell you the solemn truth, the Son can do nothing on his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise." Isn't that plain enough for you? Jesus cannot utter a single syllable on His own!

Or in your words, "So Jesus answered them, “I tell you the solemn truth, the Son can do nothing on his own initiative, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, the Son does likewise." Jesus couldn't speak one word on His own!
Jesus loved the Father and the Father loved him. Humans did not kill the Father. They killed the Son. Or maybe you don't believe that.

jimb

Premium Member
Jesus loved the Father and the Father loved him. Humans did not kill the Father. They killed the Son. Or maybe you don't believe that.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? ARE YOU NUTS??? Read my previous post #81 and especially my "signature" below. It clearly shows why you lack understanding!

Betho_br

If a teaching does not depend on scriptures and ignores people that find verses, what benefit Is it for us to have a Bible?

Do you believe what a church teaches over what the scriptures explain?

If you read the works of Saint Augustine and Basil the Great, you will know which texts are used to prove the doctrine of the Trinity.

YoursTrue

John 15:26, "When the Advocate [the Holy Spirit ("persongod" in your words)] comes, whom I will send you from the Father—the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father—he will testify about me."

Is a male a female even though a married couple is said to be one. No of course not. None of the three persongods or godpersons is your way of looking at it. So let's go further. If a person does not believe in the trinity what do you think will happen to them upon death?

jimb

Premium Member
Is a male a female even though a married couple is said to be one. No of course not. None of the three persongods or godpersons is your way of looking at it. So let's go further. If a person does not believe in the trinity what do you think will happen to them upon death?
If you think this actually deserves a reply...

jimb

Premium Member
If you think this actually deserves a reply...:eek:

YoursTrue

If you read the works of Saint Augustine and Basil the Great, you will know which texts are used to prove the doctrine of the Trinity.
When Jesus said he and the Father are one were they both males? I mean God said let us make man in our image. That was two. One male one female.

No it is not proof of the Trinity.

YoursTrue

I certainly do wonder if you also believe that who, the Trinity? Will torture forever those who did not believe in the Trinity @jimb

jimb

Premium Member
When Jesus said he and the Father are one were they both males? I mean God said let us make man in our image. That was two. One male one female.

You have your opinions but I don't think that they're worth much. When two are one that means they are a single element. When a man and a woman are joined, they are one even though they exist separately. It is the same with the Trinity: they exist separately but they are one.

If you can't understand the Trinity there is nothing I can do about it.

YoursTrue

You have your opinions but I don't think that they're worth much. When two are one that means they are a single element. When a man and a woman are joined, they are one even though they exist separately. It is the same with the Trinity: they exist separately but they are one.

If you can't understand the Trinity there is nothing I can do about it.
That's fine as far as your opinion of me. Nevertheless, God the One you call a trinity said, Let us make man in our image. First then God made Adam and after that He made Eve.First the man and then after that, the woman.

YoursTrue

Would you try to make that more clear? It makes no sense right now
OK thank you for your response. So if I or someone does not believe that God is a Trinity, do you believe your God will torture them ruthlessly forever in hell?

YoursTrue

@jimb actually the Trinity teaching is that there are three persons each God and each equal to the other all forming one God. Would you agree that is basically the teaching?

YoursTrue

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. What are you asking when you write "Do you get your explanation from Jesus words or the words of an Apostle"? Are you actually saying that the only true words in the entire Bible are Jesus' words, and that the rest of God's Word is false?

2 Timothy 3:16, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness" If you accept only Jesus' words, then you are discarding most of the Bible!!!
Calm down. Walt asked a reasonable question and you got all upset. No need to do that. So yes, all scripture is God-breathed. So again, did Jesus or the apostles say that there are three God(persons) equal to each other forming one God?

YoursTrue

No,it doesn't. Where does it say the three persons are equal to each other forming one God?

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
The Doctrine of the Trinity does not depend on John 1:1, John 20:28, Romans 9:5, Philippians 2:6-7. a Catholic doctor ignores anyone who uses these verses to prove the doctrine of the Trinity.
The Trinity doctrine didn’t even come into existence until the Fourth Century CE.
Christendom has had hundreds of years finding ways to twist the words of, or at least the meaning behind, those Scriptures to suit their bias.

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
the passage continues: “That is why God exalted Him to a superior position and kindly gave Him the name…”

If Jesus was God, he would have exalted himself. And Jesus wouldn’t need a name to be ‘given’ him.
And this was after his resurrection.
From what I’ve observed, some people tend to take certain words in the Bible very literally (like ‘one means singular’) rather than attempting to reconcile passages with each other.
Yes, I have seen that too.

We have to look at context!

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member

You are exactly right, @YoursTrue .

Just mentioning “Holy Spirit” isn’t saying it is God!