• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Ebionite

no such thing as an israel 900 bce.
You have no explanation for the facts, ie. you don't know what you're talking about.

it is weird that religious zealots take words to mean israel from a time period before the torah was even written.
The Torah was written before the Jewish state was described by Herzl. Religious zealotry has nothing to do with it.

Bthoth

You have no explanation for the facts, ie. you don't know what you're talking about.
Of course, you and your opinion rules as long as you have some form of made up rational
The Torah was written before the Jewish state was described by Herzl. Religious zealotry has nothing to do with it.
Torah was about 600 BCE. Jacob was claimed to exist around 1800 BCE. Can you count how long between them periods?

And I will bet that you do not even know the favorite color of your Grand parents.

Ebionite

Of course, you and your opinion rules
The facts about the Tel Dan stele are not a matter of opinion.

Torah was about 600 BCE. Jacob was claimed to exist around 1800 BCE.
No, Torah was known by Abraham, although not in a written form.

Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
Genesis 26:5

Bthoth

It substantiates it because the stele names kings of Israel.
No it does not say ISRAEL. Lots of kings in the region.

Every point of a name that is claimed to be israel is missing from the tablet

Is your whole life about living on missing facts?

Bthoth

The facts about the Tel Dan stele are not a matter of opinion.
Sure it is, there is no name representing an israel/hebrew or david. Each part leading to that is inferred but specifically missing from the tablet.
No, Torah was known by Abraham, although not in a written form.
Again, you have zero evidence and yet willing to make such a statement (false witness of truth)
Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
You just crossed yourself up. You said, "Torah was known by Abraham, "

So he knew his own narrative Gen 26:5 before it happened.

Ebionite

Sure it is, there is no name representing an israel/hebrew or david.
  1. and my father lay down, he went to his [ancestors (viz. became sick and died)]. And the king of I[s-]
  2. rel entered previously in my father's land, [and] Hadad made me king,
From the 1995 translation by Biran

Although bytdwd in the Aramaic stele of Tel Dan may be understood as 'the House of David', alternative meanings are also possible.

you have zero evidence
Except for the evidence that you ignored, as usual.

You just crossed yourself up. You said, "Torah was known by Abraham, "
You don't know what you're talking about. There's no reason to thing that the book of Genesis was written by Abraham.

Bthoth

Although bytdwd in the Aramaic stele of Tel Dan may be understood as 'the House of David', alternative meanings are also possible.
Possible.........may be. I can accept that. That the interpretations are open, not fact, as you profess.
Except for the evidence that you ignored, as usual.
Not ignored, observed and left OPEN!
The importance; the commandments, rules! 100% agree!
You don't know what you're talking about. There's no reason to thing that the book of Genesis was written by Abraham.
I know...... the hebrew language did not even exist back then. Just as genesis DID NOT exist back then, so using the claim that abraham keep the torah per the script that you used, exposes the fault ... error of your narrative.

About like your use of the tablets to claim israel while you know personally that the tablets DID NOT have the names on the them. The material was not on the tablet, no matter the language interpretation.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
It's not about honest mistakes.
Oh, I thought we were talking about teachings that were incorrect, but now you want to bring up sinning, which is a different topic.

Jews sin, same as everyone else. I sin. You sin. We all sin. Some Jews are good. Some Jews are bad. Same as everyone else. Some Rabbis are good, some rabbis are bad, same as everyone else.

When you have a point that is significant, let me know.

IndigoChild5559

1. The Holy Scriptures/Bible is from Genesis to Revelation. The Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole. The Bible from Genesis to Revelation is the Christians Holy Book.

2. Yes, the Quran/Koran is the Word of Elohim/God. Elohim/God Created All the Religions and Wrote All the Religious Holy Books. All Words Written are Elohim's/God's Words.

Now you are getting to Understand what Christian Gnosticism Is. The Practitioners of Christian Gnosticism Becomes Yeshua/Jesus and Becomes Moses in the Journey to Elohim/God Unification.

Bthoth

Palestine made sense because, as I already said, it was our ancestral homeland.
Based on religious opinion or perhaps just rabbid interpretation?

Because the fact is, the world is our homeland.
What exactly about that is so difficult for you to understand that you would reply as you did above?
Because if it requires such inhumane acts to achieve, it's not worth it. In other words, if a person has to participate in inhumane acts and self imposed inequity, then it's not going to be good for the mind or humanity.

Bthoth

Why should I listen to you? Are you a rabbi who spent years in school learning to be an expert in Jewish law?
I meant 'than' listen to me.

i have been witnessing the damage that so many rabbid preachers have done, so please do not use that angle as relevant.

Keeping the rules (commandments should be self imposed and self observant of the quality rational).

No one should have to tell you why they are good.

IndigoChild5559

1. The Holy Scriptures/Bible is from Genesis to Revelation. The Holy Scriptures/Bible from Genesis to Revelation is a Unified Whole. The Bible from Genesis to Revelation is the Christians Holy Book.
First of all, not everyone accepts the Bible as sacred text. I, for example, do not accept the New Testament. Your belief in the Bible is just that -- a religious belief based on faith and not evidence.

Second, Christians do not agree on which books are in the Bible. The shortest canon is that of Protestants. Catholics have a somewhat larger canon. Then come the Eastern Orthodox, whose OT contains the entire Septuagint. And then finally comes the Ethiopian church, whose Bible contains books not even in the Septuagint such as Enoch.
2. Yes, the Quran/Koran is the Word of Elohim/God. Elohim/God Created All the Religions and Wrote All the Religious Holy Books. All Words Written are Elohim's/God's Words.
My apologies, I did not know you were Muslim.

Are there any other sacred texts you consider to be the word of God? The Vedas? The Talmud? The Tao Te Ching?

My second point in the earlier post was that the fact a text claims to be the word of God does not necessarily make it so. That point stands. To use the text to prove the text is a logical fallacy called circular reasoning.
Now you are getting to Understand what Christian Gnosticism Is. The Practitioners of Christian Gnosticism Becomes Yeshua/Jesus and Becomes Moses in the Journey to Elohim/God Unification.
I'm not sure why you are changing the subject. Christian Gnosticism died out long ago. They believe for example that matter is bad and only spirit is good, and that a person is saved by having esoteric knowledge. Today, you can find miscellaneous people who agree with bits and pieces of Gnosticism, but the original movement is long gone. So... why did you change the subject?

IndigoChild5559

Exodus 12:3

3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

None of the practitioners of Judaism are literally taking a whole Living Lamb for their house and keeping it for 4 days before slaughtering. It is Commanded in Exodus 12 that each house must have Whole Living Lamb to slaughter.
Of course. Because there is no temple at the present moment, and it is UNLAWFUL to make a sacrifice anywhere but at the temple.
And you depend on the Priests and Teachers to provide the correct Interpretation.
Absolutely, just as God commanded in Deuteronomy 17:8-13.