• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Bthoth

The text explicitly gives interpretational authority to the Levites and Judges, and commands the Israelites to obey them.
OK.............. So levites get to interpret, per the interpretation......

which judge is this talking about 2 “Son of man, will you judge her? Will you judge this city of bloodshed? "

I am a 'son of man'

Likewise it is VERY clear......... israel DOES NOT obey the commandments.

Which interpretation explains why israel is an apartheid and is allowed to oppress millions of people? Who get's to judge israel?

i will look:

Lord says: You city that brings on herself doom by shedding blood in her midst and defiles herself by making idols, 4 you have become guilty because of the blood you have shed and have become defiled by the idols you have made. You have brought your days to a close, and the end of your years has come. Therefore I will make you an object of scorn to the nations and a laughingstock to all the countries.

Should I just be laughing and of imposing scorn to israel?

OR do i accept anothers interpretation, that the prophecy was about israel 2000 yrs ago?

How can anyone love such a state, if the bad habits continue to reoccur?

I am sorry but the logic does not fit, as the apartheid is too rude to overlook.

But I will not impose any ill regard to actual Jews because of that apartheid.

Bthoth

The text explicitly gives interpretational authority to the Levites and Judges, and commands the Israelites to obey them.
OK.............. So levites get to interpret, per the interpretation......

which judge is this talking about 2 “Son of man, will you judge her? Will you judge this city of bloodshed? "

I am a 'son of man'

Likewise it is VERY clear......... israel DOES NOT obey the commandments.

Which interpretation explains why israel is an apartheid and is allowed to oppress millions of people? Who get's to judge israel?

i will look:

Lord says: You city that brings on herself doom by shedding blood in her midst and defiles herself by making idols, 4 you have become guilty because of the blood you have shed and have become defiled by the idols you have made. You have brought your days to a close, and the end of your years has come. Therefore I will make you an object of scorn to the nations and a laughingstock to all the countries.

Should I just be laughing and of imposing scorn to israel?

OR do i accept anothers interpretation, that the prophecy was about israel 2000 yrs ago?

How can anyone love such a state, if the bad habits continue to reoccur?

I am sorry but the logic does not fit, as the apartheid is too rude to overlook.

But I will not impose any ill regard to actual Jews because of that apartheid.

Bthoth

So... your response to being shown your mistake is to become mean and try to change the topic? Got it.
What mistake? I do not accept the interpretation that you and the rose claim.

It's not my mistake.

I am getting a bit upset that I cannot voice my opinion that anyone can read the material. The topic is israel, nor the interpretations of who is accepted leader of religious dialogue.

I am not submissive to religious authority in any fashion and I am well aware that israel is an apartheid, no matter given of the religion.

Bthoth

Your mistake of not realizing the Bible teaches that the Levites and Judges have the authority to interpret the law.
Bible is christian. And I am well aware that levites have nothing to do with christianity (bible). IN fact, to observe the mistake of identifying jesus as messiah, than the torah was misinterpreted by many even 2000 yrs ago.

When will people learn that there is no controlling persons for learning the wisdom of the various religions?

Back to the topic, if rose was correct and the prophecy of ezek 22 was about israel 2000 yrs ago, then why would anyone want to make another?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Bible is christian. And I am well aware that levites have nothing to do with christianity (bible).
I realize that the reason the Tanakh is part of the Christian Bible is because Christianity basically appropriated the Jewish sacred texts. That doesn't bother me -- if you guys are inspired by our Jewish writings, more power to you.

But they ARE part of your Bible, including the part about God giving the Levites and Judges authority to interpret the Law.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I realize that the reason the Tanakh is part of the Christian Bible is because Christianity basically appropriated the Jewish sacred texts. That doesn't bother me -- if you guys are inspired by our Jewish writings, more power to you.
But they ARE part of your Bible, including the part about God giving the Levites and Judges authority to interpret the Law.
Since Pentecost ( Acts chapter 2 ) the Israel of God is ' spiritual Israel ' ( the Christian congregation not matter where located on earth )
A 'spiritual nation'. A nation without boundaries or borders not located on any map . - 1st Peter 2:9,5
Jerusalem 'above' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
Jesus said God abandoned that old ' house of worship ' - Matthew 23:38

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
........Back to the topic, if rose was correct and the prophecy of ezek 22 was about israel 2000 yrs ago, then why would anyone want to make another?
Just like today those who will Not stand for righteous they will be consumed /exterminated by the executional words from Jesus' mouth.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15; Ezekiel 22:23-31

IndigoChild5559

Since Pentecost ( Acts chapter 2 ) the Israel of God is ' spiritual Israel ' ( the Christian congregation not matter where located on earth )
A 'spiritual nation'. A nation without boundaries or borders not located on any map . - 1st Peter 2:9,5
Jerusalem 'above' is now the seat of government - Galatians 4:26
Jesus said God abandoned that old ' house of worship ' - Matthew 23:38
So you are simply saying you believe in Replacement Theology. So? How does that relate to the fact that the Torah is clear that the Levites and Judges have the God-given authority to interpret the Torah? You have basically brought up an entirely new topic that is not at all related to the matter at hand.

Bthoth

I realize that the reason the Tanakh is part of the Christian Bible is because Christianity basically appropriated the Jewish sacred texts.
plagiarized is the better term but I understand your point.

IN that case and specifically then levites are irrelevant.
That doesn't bother me -- if you guys are inspired by our Jewish writings, more power to you.
You guys? Are you trying to insult me?

Anyone can read and use any of the dialogue by torah/tanakh or bible. NO one owns the works or controls what they mean.

Some parties may control the practitioners but none control the material.
Who's bible? again, if the levites are so good then why does christianity even exist. THOSE GUYS screwed up and failed their followers. Perfect example: both the 70ad destruction of the old temple and NOW the apartheid and oppression of palestine, right NOW.

Apparently THE levites are not good enough to be any judge or interpretors of torah/tanakh bible or representing Jewish doctrine.

If they were, there would be no ambiguity and the people of israel would be putting the commandments as priority over the state and know exactly why.

I understand your perspective, but it does not mean MANKIND or myself must comply to the literature and the bias.

Bthoth

Just like today those who will Not stand for righteous they will be consumed /exterminated by the executional words from Jesus' mouth.
- Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-15; Ezekiel 22:23-31
Jesus has nothing to do with the prophecy. Especially of Isaiah or ezek. And that rev 19:14-15 has nothing to do with jesus either.

He was not the guy mentioned of torah/tanakh and was never the guy to fulfill. The only way any can claim that he will be, is to claim that He is coming back. Which is proof positive that HE was not the guy of prophecy. Love the wisdom reaffirming that following the rules is how to do what is right but please do not false witness, to keep a religion.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Jesus has nothing to do with the prophecy. Especially of Isaiah or ezek. And that rev 19:14-15 has nothing to do with jesus either.
He was not the guy mentioned of torah/tanakh and was never the guy to fulfill. The only way any can claim that he will be, is to claim that He is coming back. Which is proof positive that HE was not the guy of prophecy. Love the wisdom reaffirming that following the rules is how to do what is right but please do not false witness, to keep a religion.
To me love the wisdom..... is what is found as defined in the Bible.
Yes, Jesus is coming back in kingly power.
The world scene today shows the ' lights are about to go out ' .
Not by any nuclear power but by the coming Great Tribulation of Revelation 7:14
Jesus will do the separating work as found at Matthew 25:31-34,37
The figurative 'sheep' will remain standing to be here to see calendar Day One of Jesus' Millennium-Long Day governing over Earth.
- 1st Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So you are simply saying you believe in Replacement Theology. So? How does that relate to the fact that the Torah is clear that the Levites and Judges have the God-given authority to interpret the Torah? You have basically brought up an entirely new topic that is not at all related to the matter at hand.
Yes, interpret the Torah but I find at Romans 10:4 Jesus fulfilled the old Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel.

Bthoth

YOUR bible. You know, the one with books from Genesis to Revelation.

I know the book and have read it a few times over.

But it't not MINE, nor what I keep under my pillow.

I keep the commandments over any principle of choice.
That is another topic for another time.
OK, i was just correcting you. Hoping you would stop falsely accusing me.
THIS topic, which is settled, is about how in the Torah the Levites and Judges were given authority by God to interpret the law.
That is not the topic but what has become our conversation.

You hold and keep your belief and I keep the commandments.

The topic is about the state, israel.

I will never impose the hatred of Jews that would come from equating israel as representing Jews.

Many younger Jews such as Asher Kaplan, a volunteer organizer with the anti-occupation group IfNotNow and the grandson of Holocaust survivors, have come out in opposition to Israel’s reaction to Hamas’ Oct. 7 attacks. He said Israel’s occupation and most-recent bombing campaign in the Gaza Strip amounts to ethnic cleansing and has been saddened to see others in his community in favor of such action.

IndigoChild5559

Yes, interpret the Torah but I find at Romans 10:4 Jesus fulfilled the old Constitution of the Mosaic Law for ancient Israel.
The letter to the Romans doesn't erase Deuteronomy 17 from the Torah. If you don't like what it says, you can always use sissors.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The letter to the Romans doesn't erase Deuteronomy 17 from the Torah. If you don't like what it says, you can always use sissors.
I suppose if you don't like Romans you can always use sissors.
Who makes sacrifices today without defect - Deut. 17:1
Who stones apostates today - Deut. 17:2-7
Who are Levite priests today - Deut. 17:8-13
Who chooses the king - Deut. 17:14-20
What king on Earth today writes his own copy of the Law - Deut. 17:18

IndigoChild5559

I suppose if you don't like Romans you can always use sissors.
Who makes sacrifices today without defect - Deut. 17:1
Who stones apostates today - Deut. 17:2-7
Who are Levite priests today - Deut. 17:8-13
Who chooses the king - Deut. 17:14-20
What king on Earth today writes his own copy of the Law - Deut. 17:18
I don't use a Christian Bible. I use a Jewish Tanakh

Elihoenai

Do you agree or consider that the laws are to help mankind learn and apply personal responsibility? That each and every soul should keep the rules (laws) personally for civili society?
Absolutely in Total Agreement. Elohim/God has put the Laws in Effect to Govern Civil Society. Yes, every person Must keep the Laws in Service to Elohim/God and the benefit of Civil Society. The Greater Commitment and Devotion to Elohim/God the Greater the Benefit to Civil Society.