• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who Or What Is Israel?

Bthoth

Post 474, you wrote " i offered evidence to the contrary"
After the query

I mentioned the culture of circumcision was in egypt before Moses was even born and you replied:
Textually, God commanded it before the time in Egypt.
I replied:
"You mean by opinion. Do you have one single word written by god in any text?"

and if I remember correctly, you wrote 'Yes, torah"

Then you danced around for a few comments and I did the online query at the same time that I searched; 'commandments- personal responsibility' I then searched about the origination of torah. I already knew the answer but I wanted to see what others placed online and copied that for you.

NO, god did not WRITE torah, people did and as much as people want to claim Moses wrote it, there is not a single word anywhere, written of even torah by Moses hand either.
So your statement "NONE are chosen to be good by even rabbi or any god. The good choose to keep the rules.." is worthless

That in bold may become be a new COMMANDMENT!

Of course it is worthless to someone that keeps the laws of their religion and cares nothing of mankind.

You DO NOT see people as capable. And that is why you can use insults and condemnation against me, as if normal practice.
I quote you directly but you don't keep track of what you say.
Again, quite the contrary but at least you quoted the new commandment by my hand.

That's 2 items that you could script to talmud, if you actually cared about people.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I am western, I have an aunt named Rose.

But Yes, to answer your question.
Ah, okay. I see where you would go in that direction.

It is also not uncommon for Jews to have surnames with Rose as the root word. Rosenbaum. Rosenblum. Roseman.

My assumption was that he is male because there are very very few Orthodox Jewish rabbis who are women. The ordination of women in Orthodoxy is a fairly recent thing.

Bthoth

Ah, okay. I see where you would go in that direction.

It is also not uncommon for Jews to have surnames with Rose as the root word. Rosenbaum. Rosenblum. Roseman.

My assumption was that he is male because there are very very few Orthodox Jewish rabbis who are women. The ordination of women in Orthodoxy is a fairly recent thing.
I had no idea if he was reform, ultra, reconstruct, conservative, orthodox or even hasidic. Heck He could have been a SHE of LBGT and it would not have mattered to me.

Thanks for the clarification. Rosends is a HE of orthodox. OK.

rosends

NO, god did not WRITE torah,
Prove it. I say he did.
That in bold may become be a new COMMANDMENT!
It can't -- it would turn you into an authority and you aren't one.
Of course it is worthless to someone that keeps the laws of their religion and cares nothing of mankind.
So now you tell me what I care about and don't care about.
You DO NOT see people as capable.
No, I don't see you as capable. I'm not sure you are a people.
Again, quite the contrary but at least you quoted the new commandment by my hand.

That's 2 items that you could script to talmud, if you actually cared about people.
You really need a class in English because what you are writing makes no sense to me, and I have mad skills at understanding English.

Bthoth

Prove it. I say he did.
Wrote it? Dont be so funny on Thorsday
It can't -- it would turn you into an authority and you aren't one.
Of course, my apologies. HA HA
So now you tell me what I care about and don't care about.
By your actions. Our conversation is evidence.
No, I don't see you as capable. I'm not sure you are a people.
Again as evidence to support the above.
You really need a class in English because what you are writing makes no sense to me, and I have mad skills at understanding English.
Mad! Agreed.

Nice chatting with ya.

Elihoenai

It is irrelevant what Christians think a Jew is. Outsiders do not get to make the rules as to who is and is not a Jew. Does the PTO get to decide who is a Zulu?
I'm in Total Agreement with Standing Firm in your Religion. In Judaism the Jewish leaders make the Rules about who is and who is not a Jew. In Christianity the Christian leaders make Rules about who Is and who Is Not a Jew.

Elihoenai

Okay, you disagree with me, so your response is to make a personal attack? Okay, got it.
The point I'm making is that your Religious Attitude is Formed by your Judaic Teachers/Priests. Throughout the history of Israel there has always been False Judaic Teachers and Priests leading their Flock astray. Exactly the same in Christianity with the False Pastors and Priests.

Elihoenai

That is clearly not the case in the Torah. For example, Moses is an authority. The seventy elders are for example an authority.
Deuteronomy 33:1

33 And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

Numbers 11:25

25 And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.

Moses and the Seventy Elders is Elohim/God. Moses and the Seventy Elders are the Representatives and Mouthpiece of Elohim/God. When a person or group is under the Authority of the Elohim/God of Israel they are the Representatives of the Elohim/God of Israel.

Elihoenai

OK, but I am under the authority of the priests, Levites and judges as dictated by the text. If you are advocating ditching the text, I can't support that.
I'm Asserting the Total Contrary that you Must practice the Dictates of the Text when they are Supported by the Hebrew Bible. I'm saying that practitioners of Judaism and Christianity Must Beware of False Teachers/Priests. Remember that Elohim/God has an Adversary the Devil/Satan.

Elihoenai

Mankind created the rules/laws. best to write what is true on that start.

Service? Devotion? That style is based on submission to other when in spirit people should do what is right by choice and for the good of the whole.............. all of us.
1) Mankind is Under Elohim's/God's Authority, therefore, all Rules/Laws are Created by Elohim/God. Elohim/God is the Creator of All Things That Exist.

2) Elohim/God have given different rules among True Christians and those in the World. In True Christianity about a Sincere Conscience Towards Elohim/God and in the World it's About External Formalities.

Last edited:

Elihoenai

I scratched the incorrect parts keeping in mind the line above.
Editing another members post is dealing Falsely. You are changing what I wrote under my name because you cannot accept my Totally Devoted Religious Perspective. This is Against the Rules of the Forum. All Religious views are there to be Challenged legitimately and Not Falsely as you are doing.

What is your Religion? Are you an Atheist?

Elihoenai

Israel's name was passed to Joseph and then Ephraim. Ephraim is emblematic of the lost 10 northern tribes who were "scattered among the nations" until the kingdom of God is reestablished in the land given to Jacob (Israel) with David being made king, after Judah and Israel (10 tribes) are reunited. (Ezekiel 36 & 37)
Where are members of the Ten Lost Tribes now? Are the British the Ten Lost Tribes?

Bthoth

1) Mankind is Under Elohim's/God's Authority, therefore, all Rules/Laws are Created by Elohim/God. Elohim/God is the Creator of All Things That Exist.
Sure..... it is why, I often ask, where are the writings by the boss so everyone can see for themselves?
2) Elohim/God have given different rules among True Christians and those in the World. In True Christianity about a Sincere Conscience Towards Elohim/God and in the World it's About External Formalities.
Are you just being funny or do you actually see people as having different rules? Based on what labels? It's hard in today's world to trust the variety of opinions. For example: the LBGT community, per that setting, anyone can be anything and ya have to accept it.

Bthoth

Editing another members post is dealing Falsely.
I left the words,
You are changing what I wrote under my name because you cannot accept my Totally Devoted Religious Perspective.
Not really changing, just putting a line through what was flagrant.

You can be totally devoted and be wrong too.
This is Against the Rules of the Forum. All Religious views are there to be Challenged legitimately and Not Falsely as you are doing.
I did not do a falsely, As I left it with a line through a few words. Since it bugs you, I will not do it to your comments again.
What is your Religion? Are you an Atheist?
NO and NO.

I find pantheism to be a good fit but I will condemn any that try to label me, to fit their ridiculous attempts to insult.

Bthoth

I'm in Total Agreement with Standing Firm in your Religion. In Judaism the Jewish leaders make the Rules about who is and who is not a Jew. In Christianity the Christian leaders make Rules about who Is and who Is Not a Jew.
With that frame as reference, then the HONEST can identify which lies and liars to step on and only the honest can even make that choice.

See how that works. Anyone can make and apply rules to fit their mind set.. Where I am sickened is by the scope that some parties are claimed to be an authority because they said so.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I'm not talking about a religion. I'm talking about a tribe. Only the tribe gets to determine who is a member of the tribe. It is the worst sort of arrogance for an outsider to think they have anything to say about it.