• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

look3467

Premium Member
He is God. Who else could He be?

I seem to know Him better than anyone else I've ever met. It's why you seem confused about His attitude toward homosexuality.

I'll give the first, but question the second answers.

What evidence can you give of knowing Him better?

Blessings, AJ

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

Blessings, AJ

I think he is giving you guys a taste of your own medicine. "We know God better than anyone else." What group of people does that sound like?

AmbiguousGuy

1) The truths which I tell you about God are more whole, more integrated, than the things which you say about God. (I mean, you even seem to claim that God disapproves of homosexuality, after all!)

2) My God doesn't claim to do supernatural stuff in order to prove Himself. Any God who does such stuff (prophecy, raising the dead, etc.) is clearly a false God.

3) The Holy Spirit is all the evidence I need. He rides on my shoulder. We are tight.

So, anyway, what evidence can you give of knowing God better than I do?

AmbiguousGuy

I think he is giving you guys a taste of your own medicine. "We know God better than anyone else." What group of people does that sound like?

What's weird is that the assumption of Best-God-Knowledge is often so deep that the claimant can't even understand that it's simply his personal opinion.

He really believes that (his understanding of his) God is simply the earth beneath all our feet.

Think of me as a wobbler of worlds.:)

look3467

Premium Member
So, anyway, what evidence can you give of knowing God better than I do?>>>AmbiguousGuy

I am not challenging the " better than I do?", just the scriptural references for your claims.

What in your religious background gives you a foundation for your claims?

Mine are based on scriptural references,experiences in different denominations, studies in many of the worlds religious beliefs, word and numbers in scripture studies and a personal experience in the presence of God.

Without a shadow of a doubt, to me, my faith is solidified by the experience.
I believe God sacrificed one soul, for all souls as a means of redeeming His own creation.
A process that of creating gods (sons) as like Himself, in the flesh that by consequence required separation. (death)
Mankind, regardless of who or what it did in life had no fault of being born in the flesh under those circumstances.

So, the tree of life, as described in the book of Genesis, is the antidote against the separation and the salvation of all mankind.

What we do then strictly applies to our own pearl,(while in the flesh, ending in the death of the flesh) not to the outcome after death.

For that God be thanked.

All that I have spoken in this post is my extrapolation of words, numbers and the with the help of the Holy Spirits guidance.

I challenge, occasionally, in trying to understand attitudes, motives and reasons for beliefs.

I condemn no one, for I believe in the universal salvation of mankind via Jesus Christ.

Blessings, AJ

AmbiguousGuy

I am not challenging the " better than I do?", just the scriptural references for your claims.

I don't know what you are talking about. What scriptural references?

What in your religious background gives you a foundation for your claims?

I am a humble prophet of God. The Holy Spirit tells me things.

Mine are based on scriptural references,experiences in different denominations, studies in many of the worlds religious beliefs, word and numbers in scripture studies and a personal experience in the presence of God.

What scripture are you talking about? And why do you consider it to contain reliable information about God?

So, the tree of life, as described in the book of Genesis, is the antidote against the separation and the salvation of all mankind.

Why does mankind need salvation? From what?

I condemn no one, for I believe in the universal salvation of mankind via Jesus Christ.

We may be in different places. My best guess is that Jesus was a fictional character created by the writer of the Gospel of Mark.

Anyway, the Holy Spirit definitely tells me that God approves of homosexuality and wants everyone to have as much sex as possible.

look3467

Premium Member
Apart from scriptures, there are no known stories of Gods creative works.
Blessings, AJ

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Well, if AJ is going off a book that's been transcribed, rewritten, translated and has hundreds of different versions out for his knowledge..
And Ambiguous is chilling directly with the holy spirit on his shoulder..
I'm going with Ambiguous Guy on this one!

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
I mean, if the book says, everyone is a sinner, don't judge, and above all, love each other.. And that still leads to questions about how you should feel about a group (tip, you should love them)

Then that book is poorly written.
Ambiguous saying (if I may paraphrase) "don't be hating on gays" seems a lot more inline with the gist of the book.

He seems to have that down...while the people that say they study and know and live the book, seem to be much fuzzier on their knowledge.

AmbiguousGuy

Well, if AJ is going off a book that's been transcribed, rewritten, translated and has hundreds of different versions out for his knowledge..
And Ambiguous is chilling directly with the holy spirit on his shoulder..
I'm going with Ambiguous Guy on this one!

Thanks. I really do think it is better to go with the prophet right in front of you than with prophets who supposedly wrote ancient books in foreign, dead languages.

I really do.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Apart from scriptures, there are no known stories of Gods creative works.
Blessings, AJ

Jews: "Apart from the Torah, there are no known stories of God's creative works."
Muslims: "Apart from the Quran, there are no known stories of God's creative works."
Hindus: "Apart from the Bhagavad Gita, there are no known stories of God's creative works."
Zoroastrians: "Apart from the Zend-avesta, there are no known stories of God's creative works."

I'm noticing a pattern here...

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Then that book is poorly written.
Ambiguous saying (if I may paraphrase) "don't be hating on gays" seems a lot more inline with the gist of the book.

"If a man lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put death; their blood shall be upon them."
~ Leviticus 20:13

Yeaaah... I don't think so.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
How many people will cherry pick that one line from leviticus, and not live by the rest of it, though?
No tattoos, shaving, mixed fabrics et cetera...
And does leviticus trump the while love Thu neighbor as thyself bit?

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
How many people will cherry pick that one line from leviticus, and not live by the rest of it, though?
No tattoos, shaving, mixed fabrics et cetera...
And does leviticus trump the while love Thu neighbor as thyself bit?

The good parts don't make the bad parts magically disappear. Also... I don't need a holy book to tell me to be nice to people. That should be common sense. Likewise... I can ask you, why do you only cherry pick the warm and fuzzy parts of the Bible?

Last edited:

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
Which leads me back to saying its poorly written.
Because not only are there parts in OT vs NT that disagree, but even nt vs nt disagrees.
So, I'm going with Ambiguous Guy on this one, he seems stable and believable!
I mean, if I apply minimum standards of evidence to his claims, shouldn't we apply them to all?
Just think of the riot THAT would cause in theology!!!

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
I agree. Read back on what side Ambiguous was stating.
He's not going off the Bible at all.
...he's a prophet.
AJ is the one going off the Bible.
I'm not much of a Bible man myself... I'm an Omphaloskeptic, after all.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I agree. Read back on what side Ambiguous was stating.
He's not going off the Bible at all.
...he's a prophet.
AJ is the one going off the Bible.
I'm not much of a Bible man myself... I'm an Omphaloskeptic, after all.

Ahh... I see. So we're all kind of on the same page then.:)