• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

look3467

Premium Member
Abraham was the start of God's revelation to mankind. I suppose everything else is questionable.
I mean, if you acknowledge the existence of Abraham, you have to also acknowledge Jesus.
Jesus is a type of Abraham.
There is but one foundation, one that no man has laid, save God Himself. And that foundation is Jesus.
on that foundation, I stand firm.
Blessings, AJ

AmbiguousGuy

Abraham was the start of God's revelation to mankind. I suppose everything else is questionable.
I mean, if you acknowledge the existence of Abraham, you have to also acknowledge Jesus.

Abraham was like Jesus... a character to stir the imagination.

There is but one foundation, one that no man has laid, save God Himself. And that foundation is Jesus.

I find my own foundation quite a bit more solid than Jesus. But each to his own.

look3467

Premium Member
I'm checking out of this one. I'll leave all to your own discussions.
Blessings, AJ

thau

It has always brought about great confusion as to why Yahweh/Allah created homosexuality. He permitted all of the world to exist and designed each aspect about it but why would he create a sin which cannot be avoided even on the biological level.
This is easily equated to god punishing people for being of a certain ethnicity. It seems illogical that a god would punish his own creation for his own design

Is that your only objection with God?

If so, you are way ahead of the group.

Still, why are you singling out homosexuality as something God tempted man with? Do no other sins man has engaged in cause you any consternation?

FranklinMichaelV.3

Still, why are you singling out homosexuality as something God tempted man with? Do no other sins man has engaged in cause you any consternation?

Why did god make some people psychopaths?

thau

It's not my condition.

I'm just asking why did god make some people psychopaths who will never be able to feel sorry for what they've done?

Please accept my apologies. I thought you were calling me a psychopath because of some inane comment I made. :) Maybe I am one, part-time? :(

I do not believe anyone can ever satisfactorily answer why God allows such suffering on earth, some folks destined for utter destruction (like a psychopath) being one of them. But I do not see a tragic figure like that or an alcoholic or some other freaky "pre-disposition" as a soul destined for eternal punishment, either. I see God as just and merciful, both qualities which will benefit the poor soul.

I see life as a trial and how we react to various conditions or amounts of suffering as part of that trial. That is how us more fortunate ones will be judged the most. That is also how we grow as men of good will and as Christians in particular. That is my opinion based on various teachings. If I do not expound on that opinion I guess I really am not saying much.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Please accept my apologies. I thought you were calling me a psychopath because of some inane comment I made. :) Maybe I am one, part-time? :(

I do not believe anyone can ever satisfactorily answer why God allows such suffering on earth, some folks destined for utter destruction (like a psychopath) being one of them. But I do not see a tragic figure like that or an alcoholic or some other freaky "pre-disposition" as a soul destined for eternal punishment, either. I see God as just and merciful, both qualities which will benefit the poor soul.

I see life as a trial and how we react to various conditions or amounts of suffering as part of that trial. That is how us more fortunate ones will be judged the most. That is also how we grow as men of good will and as Christians in particular. That is my opinion based on various teachings. If I do not expound on that opinion I guess I really am not saying much.

Yeah but is it not unfair that we all don't start at the same spot? A psychopath cannot feel empathy how can the ever accept Jesus?

thau

Yeah but is it not unfair that we all don't start at the same spot? A psychopath cannot feel empathy how can the ever accept Jesus?

Well, now this is getting far more complicated or involved than what I intended.

I do not see how a psychopath can "accept Jesus" as you put it. But in my theology (and that Catholic Church's as far as I am concerned) that psychopath is not much to blame for his condition. God is merciful and I seriously doubt he would be banished to hell for his crimes.

FranklinMichaelV.3

Well, now this is getting far more complicated or involved than what I intended.

I do not see how a psychopath can "accept Jesus" as you put it. But in my theology (and that Catholic Church's as far as I am concerned) that psychopath is not much to blame for his condition. God is merciful and I seriously doubt he would be banished to hell for his crimes.

So do you believe hell is eternal? What about normal people who are not psychopaths but just don't believe in God. They need a far higher standard than others will accommodations be made for them as well? Or how about those who follow another religion and earnestly believe they are correct?

thau

So do you believe hell is eternal? What about normal people who are not psychopaths but just don't believe in God. They need a far higher standard than others will accommodations be made for them as well? Or how about those who follow another religion and earnestly believe they are correct?

Well for the short answer: I am totally on board with Rome and their teachings and their councils are clear that heaven is open to all, including atheists, hindus, enemies of the church, etc. God judges everyone of us in our own unique position, circumstances, origins, opportunities, etc. IS that not good news?

Is hell eternal? Probably. We are surely taught to believe that. Does that mean those who go to hell suffer eternally? I have not idea, I hope not. Maybe their existence is blotted out forever, as the atheists seem to hope happens to everyone when we die? Maybe those in hell are a very miniscule percentage of humanity --- those who knowingly, KNOWINGLY I reapeat, reject God, hate God, make it clear to God they want nothing to do with Him and choose to serve his adversary if he truly exists. There may come a point where someone is deemed lost.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian

The same could be said about right-wing Christians. There are rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and thieves out there, and all Christians seem to be concerned about is controlling what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

thau

Couldn't the same be said also for gays, lesbians, bisexuals, and transgendered people?

In many cases I would say yes it could also be said for them.

I do think Pope Francis said as much.

But if you are going to tell me in all cases there is nothing regretful going on, then I would not go that far because all lives are filled with a myriad of factors as to how we make our decisions. And only God can know the answer to all that.