• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

thau

The same could be said about right-wing Christians. There are rapists, murderers, pedophiles, and thieves out there, and all Christians seem to be concerned about is controlling what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own homes.

Yes to the first part, but as to your second statement ---- most Christians (the ones you never hear from) are not overly concerned with the bedroom habits of their neighbor. They are concerned far more with the state of the souls of themselves and of their loved ones. Then they are concerned with being charitable to others.

That is what MOST Christians are like. The vocal ones are the grist for the media's mill. It is the media that makes us look like a one dimensional attack machine. Because it makes us look bad, and controlling, and hypocritical, and so on.

I will contradict myself a bit because of recent developments. The pope did acknowledge some failure on our part, that is, Catholics and the clergy. He basically said (paraphrasing) "We need to not emphasize those matters as much as we do or as much as we are perceived to do by the media, because it makes us look pharisaical. We need to de-emphasize sin and speak more of hope for all even as they are.

Homosexuality is a digression from normal life God allowed humans to enjoy. Homosexuality is a choice one does, and it is prohibited by the Almighty.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Homosexuality is a digression from normal life God allowed humans to enjoy. Homosexuality is a choice one does, and it is prohibited by the Almighty.

Once again... We do not choose what gives us an erection. I do not understand how this could possibly be such a hard concept for religious people to understand.

Awkward Fingers

Omphaloskeptic
I saw a boy. I saw a girl. I picked the girl.

Then, since you actually had to CHOOSE that, you'll willingly admit that you have the capacity to be just as attracted to males then?
You COULD have chosen to want to have a nude man on top of you, but you chose to go with women, right?

If it wasn't for your choice, you'd be just as happy with a man, as you are with a woman?

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Then, since you actually had to CHOOSE that, you'll willingly admit that you have the capacity to be just as attracted to males then?
You COULD have chosen to want to have a nude man on top of you, but you chose to go with women, right?

If it wasn't for your choice, you'd be just as happy with a man, as you are with a woman?
See, there you go complicating the matter. I'm much simpler than that. You probably forgot the original question I responded also.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Correct. No need to complicate the matter.

Nope... It's a simple yes or no question. What's so complicated about that? You're just saying that it's complicated because you don't want to answer it. I'll ask again... Did You (Sandy Whitlinger) choose which of the two genders (male and female) you were attracted to? :yes: or :no:

Last edited:

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
Nope... It's a simple yes or no question. What's so complicated about that? You're just saying that it's complicated because you don't want to answer it. I'll ask again... Did You (Sandy Whitlinger) choose which of the two genders (male and female) you were attracted to? :yes: or :no:
Golly, let me repeat; I saw a guy. I saw a girl. I picked the girl. How much more simple is it? No one asked Caesar for an explanation when he said, "Veni, vidi vinci."

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
I love how the Christian-right claim to be experts on other people's sexuality, yet they can't answer a simple yes or no question about their own.:facepalm: I am almost convinced that there are trolls in this thread.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
Golly, let me repeat; I saw a guy. I saw a girl. I picked the girl. How much more simple is it? No one asked Caesar for an explanation when he said, "Veni, vidi vinci."

And let me repeat, once more, did you choose what gender you were attracted to? I've literally simplified it as far as I can. If this is too complicated of a question for you to answer, then you are either illiterate or lying.

sandy whitelinger

Veteran Member
And let me repeat, once more, did you choose what gender you were attracted to? I've literally simplified it as far as I can. If this is too complicated of a question for you to answer, then you are either illiterate or lying.
I'll simplify it some more. I picked the girl. Don't get your panties all in a wad over it. You pick whomever you like.