• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god create homosexuality?

I.S.L.A.M617

Illuminatus
In my opinion, God did not create homosexuality. Rather, I believe that homosexuality came about as a result of the curse that fell upon mankind due to Adam and Eve's original sin. I also believe that disease and genetic abnormalities came about because of this curse. Please do not misunderstand me though. I am not equating homosexuality with disease.

Not a disease, just a curse... That's so much better:sarcastic

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Abstinence for life is the proven solution to avoid many of life's problems and is actually encouraged from a biblical standpoint, indeed many of that time and day castrated themselves for that purpose so that indeed might be a good solution if you can't control yourself. However the same could be said of straight people if they can't avoid sleeping with many different people.
This is it, folks! The Answer we've been seeking! Mutilation!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
In my opinion, God did not create homosexuality. Rather, I believe that homosexuality came about as a result of the curse that fell upon mankind due to Adam and Eve's original sin. I also believe that disease and genetic abnormalities came about because of this curse. Please do not misunderstand me though. I am not equating homosexuality with disease.
But it's not "from God," and, therefore, does not enjoy God's blessing. By extension, those who identify as homosexual do not enjoy God's blessing, like heterosexuals do. Therefore, you've succeeded in dehumanizing homosexuals. Good job!

FranklinMichaelV.3

Lol remember in history when blacks were considered cursed by God? Or inferior because God willed it. We're doing the same things to those with different sexual orientations.

Agnostic75

Sculelos said:
Abstinence for life is the proven solution to avoid many of life's problems.......

Not from a scientific, and medical perspective, as my thread at http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...nence-life-all-homosexuals-good-solution.html shows. In fact, that thread shows that long term abstinence has proven health risks, and that having sex has proven benefits.

Having sex is normal. Practicing long term abstinence is abnormal, and is frequently frustrating, and frequently causes medical problems.

Healthy, monogamous homosexuals are not harming anyone.

Even if a God inspired the originals, we cannot be reasonably certain about how much of the originals have been changed.

Last edited:

FranklinMichaelV.3

Not from a scientific, and medical perspective, as my thread at http://www.religiousforums.com/foru...nence-life-all-homosexuals-good-solution.html shows. In fact, that thread shows that abstinence has proven health risks, and that having sex has proven benefits.

Having sex is normal. Practicing long term abstinence is abnormal, and is frequently frustrating, and frequently causes medical problems.

Healthy, monogamous homosexuals are not harming anyone.

Even if a God inspired the originals, we cannot be reasonably certain about how much of the originals have been changed.

I don't get how you can teach abstinence for life as a literal biblist....

Latuwr

Hi dgirl1986,
Blessings to you through Messiah Yahushua, My YAHWEH and My ELOHIM!
I wonder, do you think that it is possible to physically live and not die?
What would it take?
If it was possible to become a part of an immortal being, would a part of that being become of necessity immortal?
By this question, I am not claiming that I am in the flesh immortal! Yet, through My Messiah Yahushua, I do have access to HIS life! Therefore, I can physically live as long as HE deems that it is necessary for me to live. In this decision, I have a whole lot to say as the Apostle Paul does declare:
Philppans 1:22-24
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Messiah; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Tell me, dgirl1986, when was the last time you thought of living and not physically dying?
Thanking you in advance should you be moved to reply, I am,
Sincerely, Latuwr

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hi dgirl1986,
I wonder, do you think that it is possible to physically live and not die?
What would it take?
If it was possible to become a part of an immortal being, would a part of that being become of necessity immortal?
By this question, I am not claiming that I am in the flesh immortal! Yet, through My Messiah Yahushua, I do have access to HIS life! Therefore, I can physically live as long as HE deems that it is necessary for me to live. In this decision, I have a whole lot to say as the Apostle Paul does declare:
Philppans 1:22-24
22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Messiah; which is far better:
24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.
Tell me, dgirl1986, when was the last time you thought of living and not physically dying?
Sincerely, Latuwr

I am of the belief that my soul/spirit never dies. My physical body is a vessel. However, I do not claim to have witnessed events of the past.

Crazyflight

Antitheist-Open to Ideas!
There's no answer to this question, considering that God doesn't exist.
In lieu of this, I am rephrasing it so: "Why would God create homosexuality?"

And there is no answer. First of all, I don't like labels, and I would call myself a homosexual, but that would be misleading, for if Ms. Perfect came along, I wouldn't ignore her. With that being said, I'm about a 5 on the Kinsey scale. But enough about me.

It personally makes me sick when people bash homosexuals for something that they were born with. Homosexual slurs are the same as racial slurs. They're both disgusting and highly insulting. However, if there was a God and he created everyone, why would he include these people and then limit them by not allowing them to have sex? It's punishing them for no reason. I just don't feel that I'd trust in a God that did not let me express myself in the same way that my heterosexual friends can.

Latuwr

Hi dgirl1986,
You wrote:
"I am of the belief that my soul/spirit never dies."
Scripture expressly says:
Ezekiel 18:4
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
As long, dgirl1986, that you yourself remain physically alive, you yourself are a living soul. This soul can die as the above scripture indicates. A living soul dies whenever that soul can no longer retain its spirit. The spirit within you, the spirit that gives life to your flesh is immortal. Spirit cannot die.
When the soul dies, the spirit departs. The spirit leaves our physical body of flesh, and in the process we become dead souls.
The essential challenge before all souls is simply this: How in all the world can each of us retain the spirit which gives life to our souls? The answer comes to all those who have "witnessed events of the past"!
Sincerely, Latuwr

dantech

There's no answer to this question, considering that God doesn't exist.
In lieu of this, I am rephrasing it so: "Why would God create homosexuality?"

And there is no answer. First of all, I don't like labels, and I would call myself a homosexual, but that would be misleading, for if Ms. Perfect came along, I wouldn't ignore her. With that being said, I'm about a 5 on the Kinsey scale. But enough about me.

It personally makes me sick when people bash homosexuals for something that they were born with. Homosexual slurs are the same as racial slurs. They're both disgusting and highly insulting. However, if there was a God and he created everyone, why would he include these people and then limit them by not allowing them to have sex? It's punishing them for no reason. I just don't feel that I'd trust in a God that did not let me express myself in the same way that my heterosexual friends can.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your point of view, I just have a little question for you.

What if you were born with the incredible uncontrollable urge to murder people. Would that make it alright?
I can understand and even agree with your point about homosexuals (I'm sorry, I don't know what other word I can use) being equal to heterosexuals, I just disagree with your reasoning behind why it should be accepted (Not to say that it shouldn't be accepted).

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
Hi dgirl1986,
You wrote:
"I am of the belief that my soul/spirit never dies."
Scripture expressly says:
Ezekiel 18:4
4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.
As long, dgirl1986, that you yourself remain physically alive, you yourself are a living soul. This soul can die as the above scripture indicates. A living soul dies whenever that soul can no longer retain its spirit. The spirit within you, the spirit that gives life to your flesh is immortal. Spirit cannot die.
When the soul dies, the spirit departs. The spirit leaves our physical body of flesh, and in the process we become dead souls.
The essential challenge before all souls is simply this: How in all the world can each of us retain the spirit which gives life to our souls? The answer comes to all those who have "witnessed events of the past"!
Sincerely, Latuwr

I do not believe in the scripture of your religion therefore quoting it to me to try and prove a point is pretty pointless, not trying to be rude or anything. I am also not sure what you mean when you say How in all the world can each of us retain the spirit which gives life to our souls?

dgirl1986

Big Queer Chesticles!
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with your point of view, I just have a little question for you.

What if you were born with the incredible uncontrollable urge to murder people. Would that make it alright?
I can understand and even agree with your point about homosexuals (I'm sorry, I don't know what other word I can use) being equal to heterosexuals, I just disagree with your reasoning behind why it should be accepted (Not to say that it shouldn't be accepted).

Oh please do us all a favour and stop comparing sexuality to desire to murder. Might be helpful to look into psychology before doing so.

Question_love_act

Humanist... "Animalist"?

Indeed your argument is invalid. Murder is a choice and always brings negative consequences. Nothing to compare with homosexuality.

I can understand that something one is born with is not always right, but the point is not that homosexuality is something you are born with - science is still debating this - but that it's not a choice, but a part of one's personnality.

Also, no sexual orientation - whether it's toward the other sex, the same sex or both - is unhealthy by nature, only some behaviors are (unsave sex, etc.). And no behavior is exclusive to a specific sexual orientation.