• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians accuse other religions of believing in false prophets?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
By spiritual teachings I mean the virtues not doctrines created later by the church.
If you're going to tell me that you agree with the spiritual teachings of Christianity and then tell me that you disagree with the actual teachings of actual Christians, the I hope you'll understand when I see your first claim as less than honest.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
On the contrary I believe in Jesus more I believe than many Christians. He is my life and my Light. His teachings of love are needed more today than at any period in human history and anyone who follows Him is blest.
It seems weird to me that you'd create a thread asking for Christians to be tolerant and accepting of other religions' beliefs and then come off this intolerant of Christian belief.

"Not only do I not agree with them, they're wrong to even believe the way they do!"

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
So you think that Christians should proclaim different "spiritual truths" than they do.

The most narrow-minded, anti-Baha'i Christian can say "I support the Baha'i faith (if we only count the parts that I agree with)." I don't see your position as any different.

You agree with some aspects of Christian teaching and disagree with other aspects. That's fine - you're an adherent of a different religion. Why the need to pretend that other religions agree with you?
I believe in everything Jesus taught just not the doctrines of the church or the many conflicting interpretations. The essence of Jesus teachings is very beautiful and can be accepted by anyone. I believe the Bible is the Word of God. But God gave me a mind to think for myself not to follow blindly what others may believe or say and I personally find no conflict between the spiritual teachings of Jesus and the other major religions.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
On the contrary I believe in Jesus more I believe than many Christians. He is my life and my Light. His teachings of love are needed more today than at any period in human history and anyone who follows Him is blest.
Sure, but you still don't accept Him
as God as we do, so it's totally different. Our view of God is different, how we approach the Bible is different, our worship is different (Christian worship is centered around the Eucharist as the real presence of God), etc. It's more than just appreciating His moral teachings.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
It seems weird to me that you'd create a thread asking for Christians to be tolerant and accepting of other religions' beliefs and then come off this intolerant of Christian belief.

"Not only do I not agree with them, they're wrong to even believe the way they do!"
I’m intolerant of prejudice. We all should speak up against prejudice as it is so accepted in our society that we don’t see its dangers and that it has caused so much trouble.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I believe in everything Jesus taught just not the doctrines of the church or the many conflicting interpretations. The essence of Jesus teachings is very beautiful and can be accepted by anyone. I believe the Bible is the Word of God. But God gave me a mind to think for myself not to follow blindly what others may believe or say and I personally find no conflict between the spiritual teachings of Jesus and the other major religions.
A religion is made up of the beliefs and practices of its adherents.

If you think that (what you see as) Jesus's teachings is true and that Christians don't follow them (or at least not to your satisfaction), then the implication is that you're saying Christianity is wrong.

Short version: in any situation where Christian beliefs differ from what Jesus taught (or what you assume he taught), the position that's part of Christianity is the one that Christians believe, not the one Jesus taught.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Why do other religions refuse to believe that Jesus was God and son of God and Mary was a virgin mother?
Tit for tat. You don't believe what they believe and they do not believe what you believe.
A sure prescription for conflict. IMHO, that must be what Bahais want.

Last edited:

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Sure, but you still don't accept Him
as God as we do, so it's totally different. Our view of God is different, how we approach the Bible is different, our worship is different (Christian worship is centered around the Eucharist as the real presence of God), etc. It's more than just appreciating His moral teachings.
The Bible is truth and from God but there are many differing interpretations.

wellwisher

From Muhammad to Krishna to Buddha and Baha’u’llah, it has been a norm amongst Christians of many denominations to accuse religionists of other religions of believing in satan himself and that all of these Teachers are ‘false Prophets’. Many times I have heard this said to me and others. Yet nowhere in the Bible does it categorically state by name that any of These Teachers are false. It is an interpretation by priests and clergy. All of Them taught love just as Christ did.

To be fair, I know of excellent Christians and priests who respect other religions and Prophets and they, I believe, are true Christians who practice love and tolerance towards all.

As a Christian, what do you believe about Muhammad or Buddha or Krishna and Baha’u’llah? Do you believe the different religions should mix with one another or shun each other? I once invited some Christians who knocked on my door to say some prayers together for humanity but they told me that their elders forbid them to do that because they could get ‘spiritually infected’! If Christ taught to love even ones enemy then this attitude towards other religions doesn’t sound right. What do you think?
There is a quote that goes something like "God rules the realm of mankind and gives it to whomever he wishes."

Which religion or religions have the best position on the earth, in terms of rights, freedoms, peace and standard of living? This is God's to give and since God rules the realm of mankind, this goes to whomever God wishes. If a religion is still struggling for its freedoms, God believes they need more work. If a religion is poor, this may also be what they need to develop their faith. If a religion is well connected and enjoying freedom, peace and prosperity, then God has given them a reward.

It makes sense to go along with what pleases God, inferred by God ruling the realm of mankind, and giving what he wants; best and worse, to whomever he wants. If you want good things, then maybe you do need to do as those who have the most blessings of life, as given by God. It is not about prejudice, but about being a practical thinker, since all religions seek blessings of God.

The Religions of Atheism and Liberalism are illegally targeting Christianity to destroy these blessings. They have been partially successful, which means Christians have allowed this poison in. They need to go back to remediation. They need to do a system restore, back to the time when these blessing were a light to the world; WWII. This is what MAGA had in mind, but Congress has illegally established these false religions in government; Liberalism, and now there is decline in the US status; God's light has dimmed in the USA. This light has dimmed not just for Christians, but for all Americans due the negative influence of the new false gods illegally in Government; 1st Amendment does not allow government to any power over any form of religion so targeting is a crime and needs jail time. It is worth an experiment to see if God is made happy.

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
The Bible is truth and from God but there are many differing interpretations.
Obviously. But they can't all be right. It's not all about the Bible, either. Jesus is the full revelation of God, more than the Bible or any other book. This is what I was getting at when I said the approach to the Bible is different when you believe in the Trinity. The Bible is viewed as pointing towards Christ.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
A religion is made up of the beliefs and practices of its adherents.

If you think that (what you see as) Jesus's teachings is true and that Christians don't follow them (or at least not to your satisfaction), then the implication is that you're saying Christianity is wrong.

Short version: in any situation where Christian beliefs differ from what Jesus taught (or what you assume he taught), the position that's part of Christianity is the one that Christians believe, not the one Jesus taught.
My beliefs are the conclusion I have come to. Others may see it differently.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Sorry If that’s what you believe.
Isn't that what's going on here?

Step 1: tell your mark that you accept their religion's teachings. Build some affinity and get them to put their guard down.

Step 2: argue that you believe the "true" teachings of their religion rather than the modern corrupted version. Try to convince them of Baha'i beliefs without telling your mark that they're Baha'i beliefs. Since they now accept you as on the same side, hopefully they'll take it as theological debate among allies and not as attempted conversion.

Step 3: pull back the curtain and tell them that the beliefs they now accept are more closely aligned with the Baha'i faith than their own faith. If you've already convinced them of the truth of Baha'i teachings, then they should now be open to conversion.

If I'm misinterpreting something here, please tell me what.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Obviously. But they can't all be right. It's not all about the Bible, either. Jesus is the full revelation of God, more than the Bible or any other book. This is what I was getting at when I said the approach to the Bible is different when you believe in the Trinity. The Bible is viewed as pointing towards Christ.
How lonely the disciples must have felt when they knew Who Christ really was yet most around them could just not comprehend. But in the end they triumphed and in God’s good time the Cause of Christ spread over all the world.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
How lonely the disciples must have felt when they knew Who Christ really was yet most around them could just not comprehend. But in the end they triumphed and in God’s good time the Cause of Christ spread over all the world.
But according to you, it wasn't "the Cause of Christ" that was spread all over the world; it was a corrupted version... no?

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Isn't that what's going on here?

Step 1: tell your mark that you accept their religion's teachings. Build some affinity and get them to put their guard down.

Step 2: argue that you believe the "true" teachings of their religion rather than the modern corrupted version. Try to convince them of Baha'i beliefs without telling your mark that they're Baha'i beliefs. Since they now accept you as on the same side, hopefully they'll take it as theological debate among allies and not as attempted conversion.

Step 3: pull back the curtain and tell them that the beliefs they now accept are more closely aligned with the Baha'i faith than their own faith. If you've already convinced them of the truth of Baha'i teachings, then they should now be open to conversion.

If I'm misinterpreting something here, please tell me what.
I’m disappointed that you seem to be misconstruing everything I post. If that’s what you want to believe then that’s your right and no matter how much I tell you it’s untrue you will insist in having that mistrust and suspicion. I am a person who speaks from the heart not scripted or planned or using any sort of tactics. Actually on first reading your post I was shocked. As I said before, to me it’s all about ingrained prejudices which are no good in our world.