• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Looncall

Response: Yet it Islam Islam that condemns sexual exploitation and your ideology that promotes and condones it. Demonstrating the atrocity of your ideology and Western society. Not Islam.

Such hypocrisy!

It is muslim societies that indulge in temporary marriage and concubinage.

Reactions: MD

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Actually women wear those clothes to seduce the handsome men they're attracted to, so they can sleep with them.
so also women use men. And vice versa, of course.
Which is not wrong. Because they are not harming each other. And they are not harming anyone else

Response: I agree. Women do wear sexy clothes to seduce and sleep with men, and vice versa. And you agree to this because you have absolutely no care for how it affects society and the harm it does to society, because it makes you happy. Your logic is you first, everyone else and society is second. Whereas Islam cares for society first and to better it, so that every person in the society are the best of people. So exploiting sex is harmful to achieving such a goal.

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Response: Yet we see that it is western society that exploits sex, babies out of wedlock, and profits from it. Not Islam.
By the same token Islam condones having sex with ones slaves. I guess that is supposed to be part of treating them well.

Out of curiosity - when was slavery outlawed in Islam again?

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
By the same token Islam condones having sex with ones slaves. I guess that is supposed to be part of treating them well.

Out of curiosity - when was slavery outlawed in Islam again?

Response: Neither slavery or sex with slaves is allowed in Islam.

As for your question, slavery was abolished by the Prophet according to a system, which is to treat your slaves as your brother. Since they are now as brothers, they are no longer slaves.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

As for your question, slavery was abolished by the Prophet according to a system, which is to treat your slaves as your brother. Since they are now as brothers, they are no longer slaves.
What an immensely amusing response. Well done, Fatty.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Whereas Islam cares for society first and to better it, so that every person in the society are the best of people. So exploiting sex is harmful to achieving such a goal.

of course. But we cannot deprive people of their freewill.
Let's pretend that promiscuous sex is a despicable thing. Even if it were, people must be set free to do wrong things, as long as they don't harm anyone.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
of course. But we cannot deprive people of their freewill.
Let's pretend that promiscuous sex is a despicable thing. Even if it were, people must be set free to do wrong things, as long as they don't harm anyone.

Response: Yet a wrongful act is hurtful. That is why it is condemned in Islam.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Response: Freedom of thought is fine. The freedom to do whatever you like is not. Based on democracy, whether or not it is okay to kill an innocent person is based on whether the majority agrees. This is dangerous. As the majority in America at one point believed blacks were beneath whites and were slaves. and it was the majority that put Hitler into power. So this shows the downfall of implementing law based on what the majority says.

As for the rest, we should live in a society that promotes what is best. So in regards for women, it is better for women to be covered and not reveal her body or curves, rather that the opposite, and a woman should not be allowed to do the opposite. For it is not what is best for her or the society in regards to prevent promiscuity and molestation. Being covered is the better deterrent.

This is the fundamental difference between us. You promote freedom to do whatever we like. I on the other hand do not, and promote only what is best, whether a person likes it or not.
So, essentially what you're saying is that self-determination is a bad thing.

sojourner

Response: Promiscuity is based on lust, not love. So the practice of it is spreading the idea of using or taking advantage of people sexually, which is by far one of the most degrading and harmful acts. to use a person sexually for your own pleasure is wrong. Furthermore, just because two people agree to use each other sexually does not change the harm involved. For sex in the most intimate of embraces, making it more likely for one to want to be loved after sex. This causes emotional damage since the person who develops these feelings will be rejected since the other was simply in it for lust and not love. So promiscuity is extremely harmful and wrong.
Jut because two sets of parents agree that that a marriage should be arranged does not change the harm involved, either.

sojourner

Response: Actually, he was. Hitler was elected by the majority to head the party he led. So making up inaccurate responses to justify the fact that you can't answer the Qur'an challenge only further supports that the challenge is valid and proves the Qur'an is true.
Sorry, you are wrong on this point. I majored in German language and civilization. Hitler was not elected by the majority.

sojourner

Response: I agree. Women do wear sexy clothes to seduce and sleep with men, and vice versa. And you agree to this because you have absolutely no care for how it affects society and the harm it does to society, because it makes you happy. Your logic is you first, everyone else and society is second. Whereas Islam cares for society first and to better it, so that every person in the society are the best of people. So exploiting sex is harmful to achieving such a goal.
Most women wear sexy clothes because that's the fashion -- not because they're inviting sex. And to assume the latter is sexism at its worst.

Looncall

This must be a joke. Muslims have been, and in places still are, notorious slavers.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
So, essentially what you're saying is that self-determination is a bad thing.

Response: Even you yourself would not be who you are or where you are at, had it not been with the help of others. So I'm saying what you won't say, which is a good thing.

outhouse

Atheistically
Response: Even you yourself would not be who you are or where you are at, had it not been with the help of others. So I'm saying what you won't say, which is a good thing.

Can you tell me why ignorant muslims think they must take over the forum and everyone else with a different idea is wrong?

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
This must be a joke. Muslims have been, and in places still are, notorious slavers.

Response: And you still cannot quote from the Qur'an or sunnah anything that says salvery is condoned. Thus debunking yourself and making my point as usual. Whereas western government was built and came into power off of slavery and retains power through slavery tactics 'til this day. Thus the joke is on you.

Last edited:

sojourner

"Community support" and "control of the masses" are a far cry from each other. I'm who I am precisely because I had the freedom of self-determination to become who I think God wants me to be. Under your system, however, people become who others think God wants them to be -- whether they like it or not.

sojourner

Response: And you still cannot quote from the Qur'an or sunnah anything that says salvery is condoned. Thus debunking yourself and making my point as usual.
Then there are a whole lotta Muslims out there who are going against the Koran and doing what is patently not best for society... Guess "the system" isn't as perfect as you seem to think after all...