• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do muslims hate democracy

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
... if I were to get a dollar for every time Al said the word, debunked, I'd have hundreds of dollars by now.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
But going naked is not permitted in western cultures or acceptable to Christians. And Promiscuity is certainly more acceptable than Muslims raping indiscriminately. There is a big divide and with so many Muslims uneducated, We can only hope their numbers are reduced to a manageable level.

Response: And going naked, being promiscuous, and being uneducated is taught no where in the Qur'an or Sunnah as well. Thus your own logic shows that Islam is beautiful and just.

Shad

Veteran Member
Response: And the power shift was due to divide and conquer tactics employed by the West.

Tactics which worked and the Islamic system was unable to counter. There is also the advancement in warfare during the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s which the Ottoman Empire could not counter. Development in industry, trade, social reforms, etc. All of which the Ottoman Empire could not counter. In fact when reforms were implemented so the Empire could catch up the religious authorities and religious leaning elite within government revolted.

So the West won because of adaptability, modernization and reforms. This is like blaming someone for winning a game because they played the game better...

Last edited:

Poeticus

| abhyAvartin |
... if I were to get a dollar for every time Al said the word, debunked, I'd have hundreds of dollars by now.

... and if I were to get a frubal for every non-sequitur he has posted [so far], that would mean I'd have at least 650! Holy smokes!

Omega Man

All religions, including Islam were invented to suite the needs or wants of their creators. Some of those needs or wants are power, control and wealth. If we want to have a truly equal society, than we must set aside any prejudice that may arise from cultural or religious differences. A recently arrested radical has stated that the world is divided between those who believe that god is supreme and those who believe man is supreme. If god is in deed supreme, than why does he require spokesmen? We all have the power of sight, why can't we all see "Gabriel"? The answer is very simple, he does not exist!!!

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
if you promote what people like, then there should be no problem when women cover themselves as they like in Islam.
My sister-in-law (a Christian) lived in Riyadh for a while. Even though she didn't want or "like" to cover herself (and she's a conservative, moral, and chaste person), she was forced -- forced to wear the black sheet in public wherever she went.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
If you performed that act, it would be a miracle for billions of Muslims. Go ask your mother. Allah would be very pleased if you could contribute to the well-being of your Muslim brothers and sisters, would he not?-- Your Quran challenge is passed in every gang territory in America. For this reason, it is not miraculous, but common.

It was never true in the first place. There is no two waters that you can ever point to, where there is boundary never being transgressed. Help Allah out.. Help Allah figure out which two waters he was referring to when he lied.

Response: And if you answered the Qur'an challenge, you would disprove Islam and make a point. Yet your failure shows otherwise and supports the fact that the Qur'an is of divine origin.

And you still fail to provide any source to back your claim concerning the two seas, once again refuting yourself.

sojourner

Response: Nor does Islam teach that one is to be forced, supported again by your failure to quote from the Qur'an or Sunnah to show otherwise. So your point is pointless.
See above: forced. Plus, in the NPR news story I referenced earlier, ISIL cites Islamic law that condones forced conversions for the women they enslave.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Tactics which worked and the Islamic system was unable to counter. There is also the advancement in warfare during the 1700s, 1800s and 1900s which the Ottoman Empire could not counter. Development in industry, trade, social reforms, etc. All of which the Ottoman Empire could not counter. In fact when reforms were implemented so the Empire could catch up the religious authorities and religious leaning elite within government revolted.

So the West won because of adaptability, modernization and reforms. This is like blaming someone for winning a game because they played the game better...

Response: to the contrary, the West went to war with the Ottomans and defeated them. Then divided them into states based on nationality and used divide and conquer tactics to keep the Muslims disunited in order to maintain their materialistic ambitions. So Muslim world ahs been striving to climb out of the horrible conditions employed by the deceptive tactics of the West since then.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
See above: forced. Plus, in the NPR news story I referenced earlier, ISIL cites Islamic law that condones forced conversions for the women they enslave.

Response: Islam is based on Qur'an and Sunnah. Not ISIL. Again, you help to prove that you can find nothing wrong in Islam, thus making my point.

sojourner

Response: None of which changes the fact that being covered is a better deterrent from promiscuity than being naked. So your point is pointless.
"Naked" is a blatant hyperbole. Most American women don't walk around in public naked. Apparently, having appropriate boundaries is most effective as a deterrent.

Harikrish

Response: And going naked, being promiscuous, and being uneducated is taught no where in the Qur'an or Sunnah as well. Thus your own logic shows that Islam is beautiful and just.

The Quran is only beautiful if the Muslims are educated and able to read what is in it. Unfortunately with 3/4 of the Muslim population illiterate, they can only listen to Islamic commentaries.

Omega Man

The only real Muslims are those from Saudi Arabia. All other Muslims are inferior to them. That is a fact! Islam is not a religion, it is a gift that can only be shared if you are a "real" Arab.

sojourner

Response: In other words, you still cannot quote anything from the Qur'an or Sunnah that shows that Islam is unjust. Debunking yourself as usual. Thus we can take from your redundancy that Islam is the best of ethics and morality, supported by the fact that you continue to fail to quote anything to back your claim, while the poverty stricken, crime driven, rape and molestation conditions employed by the West and democracy with no solution shows that Islam is the only solution.
Again: I don't need to. I only need to observe what is readily observable in order to make the determination.

I'm not in the least worried. Fanatacism such as Islam always burns itself out and gives way to more open, less insular ideologies. Why? because, as Islam illustrates, fanaticism always attempts to control everything -- that's its bread and butter -- control -- and when humanity slips through its twisted fingers, it implodes.

sojourner

Response: Islam is based on Qur'an and Sunnah. Not ISIL. Again, you help to prove that you can find nothing wrong in Islam, thus making my point.
ISIL insists that it's based upon Islam and the Koran. Hence, the I in ISIL. :facepalm:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Response: And if you answered the Qur'an challenge, you would disprove Islam and make a point. Yet your failure shows otherwise and supports the fact that the Qur'an is of divine origin.

And you still fail to provide any source to back your claim concerning the two seas, once again refuting yourself.

The "challenge" (which you can't even answer yourself) was answered. You didn't like the answer. The Quran is not divine, because people here in the US conquer entire neighborhoods without the consent of the citizens, everyday- without the Quran. Also, the Quran cannot even help Muslims conquer their own economic status. Allah should be embarrassed.

Meeting of Fresh and Salt Water in the Qur'an - WikiIslam

Omega Man

You speak of the Ottoman Empire, but you obviously know nothing about them. The
Ottomans disliked the Arabs and they subjugated them for hundreds of years. Even today the Turks consider themselves superior to the Arabs.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
The Quran is only beautiful if the Muslims are educated and able to read what is in it. Unfortunately with 3/4 of the Muslim population illiterate, they can only listen to Islamic commentaries.

Response: The beauty of the Qur'an exist, regardless of whether you read it or not. Unfortunately, Western policies of imperialism and lust discourages humanity from its beauty.

Al-Fatihah

Muslim
Again: I don't need to. I only need to observe what is readily observable in order to make the determination.

I'm not in the least worried. Fanatacism such as Islam always burns itself out and gives way to more open, less insular ideologies. Why? because, as Islam illustrates, fanaticism always attempts to control everything -- that's its bread and butter -- control -- and when humanity slips through its twisted fingers, it implodes.

Response: Again, saying you do not have to use the Qur'an and Sunnah to judge Islam means that one can judge a teaching based on what it does not teach. Then according to your own logic. your own words say that Islam is just whether you say it does or not. Debunked by your own logic as usual.

Harikrish

You speak of the Ottoman Empire, but you obviously know nothing about them. The
Ottomans disliked the Arabs and they subjugated them for hundreds of years. Even today the Turks consider themselves superior to the Arabs.

The Arabs were nomads, bedouins or camel ranchers. If it wasn't for their oil they would still be despised as camel shaggers.