• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

GoodAttention

Perhaps to a moron ? Jews nor a race of people are not even mentioned.. nor anything derogatory towards Jews or any race of people.

What is your problem ?

Check your tone Slobadan, this isn't a stage for you to tear apart a peoples identity because of your own insecurities all while you hide behind your so called church.

Show some respect.

Sargonski

No, Judaism is indeed continuous from Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Joshua, and Solomon. You cannot simply flaunt opinions as evidence. If you think there was a death of Yahweh, then that death would have taken place much later than this continuity. So, I find nothing to respond to since you are not providing any evidence to support your claims.

The Bible, the Old Testament, clearly establishes that Adam to Moses and onwards was a continuous development in Genesis, and we cannot just dismiss it based on opinions.

Judaism did not exist at the time of Adam .. Noah... Abraham , Moses. That it did exist is you flaunting opinion as evidence .. that it did not is factual history .. Abe was not a monotheist .. nor were the Israelites .. nor was the worship of YHWH in the Temple of YHWH monotheistic. That is the fact of History .. the Bible and Biblical Archaeology.

What part of .. "The Bible" tells us clearly that the Israelites were not monotheist .. nor anyone prior to the destruction of the Israelites ~720 BC .. do you not understand ?

Blblical scholarship disagres with your preposterous claim .. Even evangelicals admit this .. so how is it that you missed the memo.

Adam to moses is anything but continuous .. what on earth are you talking about ? There is a 400 year gap .. with no lineage connection of any significance between Joshua and Moses .. but, even if there was a connection .. what does that have to do a connection to Judaism - Monotheism ?

It is not MY OPINION .. nore YOUR OPINION that has any weight on the death of YHWH .... that was the opinion of the people who were worshiping YHWH before his Death .. According Israelites - Judahites livng at the time when "The Place where YHWH's Name Resides" was destroyed by rival Son of God Marduk .. YHWH died.

Sargonski

Check your tone Slobadan, this isn't a stage for you to tear apart a peoples identity because of your own insecurities all while you hide behind your so called church.

Show some respect.

You are the one running around crying Anti Semite .. telling me to show some respect. You have not the faintest clue what "anti-semitism" is.

This absurd fit of name calling is followed by false accusation.. demonization of the messenger .. and other ridiculous and pathetic absence of an argument of any kind.

What Church is it that I am hiding behind ? .. and how is it an attack on a people's identity to state the historical - archaeological and Biblical Fact that the Israelites were not monotheist ?? .. and last .. What is your Problem such that you take historical facts as an attack on you personally ..

Now .. please show some respect by responding with an argument as opposed to falsehood - false accusation - name calling and fallacy ... and who the heck is Slobodan ? What a joke mate .. running around calling people a name they do not understand .. due to some religious insecurity of some kind.

Last edited:

River Sea

No kidding .. some kind of twin demiurge that one.. No wonder the Israelites went back to worshiping the Most High Cow God .. Chief of the heavens .. but Yes .. when Lord Marduk destroyed "The place where YHWH's name resides" that was YHWH .. one of 70 Sons of EL dying at the hand of Lord Marduk .. Least according the last remaining two tribes Judah and Benjamin .. and YHWH was their National God .. so they should know..

Not sure how this factored into Judaism which is born ~ 100-200 years later .. a bit of a mystery this new God .. who is nothing like the old God .. this new God we can identify with the God of King Cyrus of Persia "The annointed one of God" that God being Ahura Mazda ?? I guess ? the primodial uncreated God .. sexless .. and a twin of sorts having a mirror image dark side of sorts .. This God having no similarity to the antropomorphic xenophobic genocideal Maniac with the most petty and nasty of human characteristics.

So while the new God is not YHWH .. least not the Old YHWH .. this new God has indeed overcome being jealous .. as this God is so great there is nothing to be jealous of .. this a God for a monotheistic perspective ... something not found in the entire history of the Israelites .. raging polytheists that bunch ..

@Sargonski
You're claiming God being Ahura Mazda overcoming Jealousy and so not to be Jealous, and is the King Cyrus of Persia.

I looked up Ahura Mazda

@Sargonski @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

However first I looked up Marduk.

Amel-Marduk's reign abruptly ended in August 560 BC, after barely two years as king, when he was deposed and murdered by Neriglissar, his brother-in-law, who then claimed the throne. The last document from the reign of Amel-Marduk is a contract dated to 7 August 560 BC, written in Babylon.

I understand people are gods and create laws, yet usually it's kings who influence their kingdom. YHWH was a king too, and Marduk was a king, however only for two years. Then Neriglissar was king, yet Neriglissar murdered his brother-in-law Marduk and claimed the throne. Then Ahura Mazda is King Cyrus of Persia who's not Jealous. I'm finding a challenge when Ahura Mazda was a king. During the time either YHWH, Marduk, Neriglissar was king. How ever I'll continue.

How did this new God Ahura Mazda King Cyrus of Persia feels about mud volcanoes that would cause issues for people in Fars province in Iran, causing challenges to go eastward from Fars to Indus Valley or west from Indus Valley to Fars? How did the people in Indus Valley and Fars trade and travel and feel safe to do so when fearing mud volcanoes? Also, did these mud volcanoes affect later travel to Israel when people travel from the Fars and the Indus Valley? Did King Ahura Mazda at all find ways to take care of any challenges about these mud volcanoes?

@Sargonski you wrote:
one of 70 Sons of EL dying at the hand of Lord Marduk .. Least according the last remaining two tribes Judah and Benjamin

My responds:
Where are the Benjamins I never hear from them online. I mainly hear from Jews online.

My question about Jesus:
When they followed John, the Mandaeans thought Jesus was a priest. What influenced many people to assume that Jesus, not John, would be the future King? I asked this because what if the Mandaeans believed John would be the king instead of Jesus? However, Jews are waiting for David to return as King. How could anyone tell if the future King who returns through reincarnation is Jesus, John, or David? Why are people waiting for a future king? If not agreeing with any of these future kings returning, how is that rejecting these past people? Or were the Mandaeans thinking the King is Ahura Mazda, as they'd followed John, and thinking the future king to return is Ahura Mazda?

River Sea

Uhm... Those are two different words
prefect
perfect

@Tamino
Was this 'perfect' no it was 'prefect' when Drusus helped carry out the Roman empire's expansion into the Danube that's into modern-day Germany (16 BC-7 BC, 4 AD-9 AD)? and almost gaining control of German territory? What are your thoughts about this?

In referencing that led to discussion from @Tamino to show (prefect-perfect) and that there is a difference. I took a closer look at this word 'prefect' in this discussion, 'Jesus'. and realized I was confused as I was comprehending the word 'perfect'. I looked online to see what the definition of the word 'prefect' is, which means: Prefect (from the Latin praefectus, substantive adjectival form of praeficere: "put in front," meaning in charge)

Sargonski

@Sargonski
You're claiming God being Ahura Mazda overcoming Jealousy and so not to be Jealous, and is the King Cyrus of Persia.

I looked up Ahura Mazda

@Sargonski @Bharat Jhunjhunwala

However first I looked up Marduk.

Amel-Marduk's reign abruptly ended in August 560 BC, after barely two years as king, when he was deposed and murdered by Neriglissar, his brother-in-law, who then claimed the throne. The last document from the reign of Amel-Marduk is a contract dated to 7 August 560 BC, written in Babylon.

I understand people are gods and create laws, yet usually it's kings who influence their kingdom. YHWH was a king too, and Marduk was a king, however only for two years. Then Neriglissar was king, yet Neriglissar murdered his brother-in-law Marduk and claimed the throne. Then Ahura Mazda is King Cyrus of Persia who's not Jealous. I'm finding a challenge when Ahura Mazda was a king. During the time either YHWH, Marduk, Neriglissar was king. How ever I'll continue.

How did this new God Ahura Mazda King Cyrus of Persia feels about mud volcanoes that would cause issues for people in Fars province in Iran, causing challenges to go eastward from Fars to Indus Valley or west from Indus Valley to Fars? How did the people in Indus Valley and Fars trade and travel and feel safe to do so when fearing mud volcanoes? Also, did these mud volcanoes affect later travel to Israel when people travel from the Fars and the Indus Valley? Did King Ahura Mazda at all find ways to take care of any challenges about these mud volcanoes?

@Sargonski you wrote:
one of 70 Sons of EL dying at the hand of Lord Marduk .. Least according the last remaining two tribes Judah and Benjamin

My responds:
Where are the Benjamins I never hear from them online. I mainly hear from Jews online.

My question about Jesus:
When they followed John, the Mandaeans thought Jesus was a priest. What influenced many people to assume that Jesus, not John, would be the future King? I asked this because what if the Mandaeans believed John would be the king instead of Jesus? However, Jews are waiting for David to return as King. How could anyone tell if the future King who returns through reincarnation is Jesus, John, or David? Why are people waiting for a future king? If not agreeing with any of these future kings returning, how is that rejecting these past people? Or were the Mandaeans thinking the King is Ahura Mazda, as they'd followed John, and thinking the future king to return is Ahura Mazda?

Many ideas that are hard to parse together .. Ahura Mazda is the God of Judaism .. or at least this new God was modeled after the High God of Cyrus .. the God being referred to when Cyrus is dubbed "Annointed one of God" .. as best we can deduce ..as Zoroastrianism was the State Religion of Persia at that time

The main point here is that YHWH dies .. Killed by the Babylonian Patron War God at the time which was Marduk .. a rather special God .. who usurps the Position of EL as Chief God on Earth. He does not Kill EL .. EL willingly gives up the position on earth .. remaining as the High God of the Heavens .. head of the Divine Council of the Gods and father of many sons "Psalm 82"

The sons of EL referred to in Deut 32:8 (we know there are 70 from Ugarit texts) are each given a "People" of the earth to rule over .. YHWH is one of these sons. The story of the Bible - from the time of the exodus to the destruction of the Temple "The place where YHWH's name resides" is a story of the battle between these sons of God for supremacy over the Earth .. to be the Chief God on Earth ..

Every time the Israelites go out to war they drag their patron war God out with them .. as does the other side. In the Bible stories YHWH wins most of the battles .. though not all - losing for example one battle against Chemosh .. War God of the Moabites. We are told that while YHWH loses the Battle he wins the eventual war .. "Psalm 82" is the story of the culmination of that battle .. YHWH becoming Chief God over the earth during the time of Solomon.

YHWH is later defeated when Israel is destroyed by the Great God Assur but lives on in his abode at Jerusalem for another 150 years until the BAbylonians come (Marduk) and destroy YHWHs abode on earth .. to every member of the Yahweh cult at the time .. their perspective .. not mine - YHWH dies .. what ever God is adopted some 100-200 years later by Judaism .. this God who annointed King Cyrus .. is not the anthropomorphic God YHWH .. with all his petty human flaws . The God of Judaism is the Primordial uncreated God .. neither male nor female ..the nature of this God quite complicated due to the inherent duality .. but yet a monotheistic God .. .. a proper God of Monotheism .. something YHWH can never be.

The God of Jesus is not the God of Judaism .. which in the first century is believed to be YHWH -- although that name never spoken -- an interesting secret .. the name supposedly lost with the sands of time but we will leave it at that .. there is quite an evolution in the God of Judaism which we will also leave for now.

The God of Jesus "The Father" -- is not Lord YHWH . who Jesus refers to as the Devil .. the Father of the Pharisees. and of course Jesus does not follow the commands/covenant of YHWH .. nor Lord Jealous .. the evil twins .. also referred to as the demiurge by Marcion .. a twin God of sorts.

The God of Jesus is the God of the Priesthood of Melchi-Zedek -- Zedek is the twin God of Justice and Righteousness .. the Patron God of Jerusalem - the city of Peace - who sits at the right hand of "The Father" in heaven who is head of the divine concil. The God of the Zadokite Priesthood is "EL" Chief God of the Canaanite Pantheon .. the God of Abraham.

Melchi-Zedek is said to be a "type" of Jesus .. Jesus being the"Prince of Peace" = Melchi-Zedek Priestking of the City of Peace Genesis 14 .. Priest of the God Most High .. to whome Abraham bows and to which he tithes.

Prince of Peace .. sitting at the right hand of "The Father" .. one of El's many Epithets. .. representing Justice and Righteousness in the divine council .. Jesus also stated to be the one dispensing that justice .. as Judge .. Jury .. and Executioner.

Sargonski

There is only one God and He is not a Dude.
Imo.

Great .. then tell us the name of the God who Jesus refers to as "The Father" .. and how is "The Father " the one who art in heaven .. hallowed is the name of this dude .. the God that forsakes Jesus .. not a dude ?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Great .. then tell us the name of the God who Jesus refers to as "The Father" .. and how is "The Father " the one who art in heaven .. hallowed is the name of this dude .. the God that forsakes Jesus .. not a dude ?
God has been called many names but why does God need a name?
God did not forsake Jesus. Jesus chose to go to the cross.

HaEmeth

Truth sets free
Salvation is by knowledge, not by faith.
What is the benefit of knowledge If it doesn't move one to faith.

Even the demons have knowledge of God, but that knowledge, of course will not save them, but makes them shudder - perhaps in anticipation of adverse judgement (Rev 20:10)

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. EVEN THE DEMONS BELIEVE - AND TREMBLE!" - James 2:19 NIV

Knowledge is not an end in itself but the means to true faith - for faith follows the things heard:

"So, then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Romans 10:17 KJV

Knowledge sans faith is useless. Obedience, the touchstone of faith, proves knowledge is in the heart not in the mind only.

"We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person." - 1 John 2:3, 4 NIV

Faith [not knowledge] "is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see." - Hebews 11:1 NIV

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." - Heb 11:6 NIV

That faith is an active faith which impels us to do good to others (James 2:14-17)

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Salvation is by knowledge, not by faith.
Knowledge doesn't save anyone. I can know that eating sugar is gonna kill me with diabetes, and still eat sugar.

Faith isn't a whole lot better. I can have faith that my two timing husband is gonna change, and only be deceiving myself.

So what is it that God DOES care about?

Micah 6:8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

HaEmeth

Truth sets free
According to John, but not according to the Psalms:

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:
John 5:22
Yes, according to the Old Testament (OT) -

"For THE LORD IS OUR JUDGE, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us" - Isaiah 33:22

Of course, Christ won't be able to judge back then because he is yet to make his appearance. However, once he offered his life as a ransom sacrifice (in post-OT era), to fulfill God's mission for him to save sinful mankind, he earned the privilege of judging as a commission from God himself.

And, may I add, not only the judging but also the kingship:

"He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David.” - Luke 1:32

Also, once Christ has fulfilled his God-given assignment to eliminate all enemies of God, he will subject himself to God again as before and hand over to God the judging and kingship, so that God "may be all in all".

1 Cor 15:24-28 says:

'Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power.

For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.

When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.'

amorphous_constellation

What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
It is not so clear that it is a question of who you accept, but it seems more theo-logical that god would be the one picking who it accepts. It's basically the opposite way of thinking about, and to me it always seemed that it may be more likely that this is the way it is

You can accept jesus, or whatever god you wish as a savior, but a more overwhelming question is whether or not it accepts you, as it minutely watches your moment to moment actions and beliefs about everything. To that you might answer, that one's faith negates all of that. But people live lives with many events in them for a reason, surely. A human life is a giant stack of judge-able micro events